main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "You think you're the only superhero in the world?" - The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Apr 26, 2010.

1. Mr44

Mr44 VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 21, 2002
    I don't know how in the world I missed it the first time it was shown, but I just watched the special "making the universe" that was used to set up Agents of Shield. It made me appreciate the wonder of what the Marvel Cinematic Universe represents even more. What immediately stood out was how everyone was legitimately excited for the prospect. I mean, here you have a story of how Jon Favreau, Gwyenth Paltrow and RDJ were all sitting in an office crying because they were so excited over the first Iron Man, and how it turned everyone into comic nerds. I think Marvel Studios deserves the success that they have achieved.

Clark Gregg had to be the funniest actor though. Seeing him tell the story of how he would show up to do Coulson and how he never knew if his character would continue, but always having it carry over to the next movie in bigger and bigger ways was classic.

2. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Well, it was less "Iron Man" and more that great actors were working together on something that could do well.

3. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    This.

4. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  5. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    How much does Killian know about the real Mandarin and the Ten Rings?

6. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Probably nothing.

7. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Then how did he know the name "Mandarin"?

8. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Well, I meant nothing specific.

9. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Alan Horn tweeted that Disney is "struggling" with the decision to open Cap 3 the same day as Batman vs. Superman. If they move it, I think they should go for April again.

10. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
  11. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Thanos is cast (but not yet announced) and Ant-Man influenced the development of the MCU.

"We changed, frankly some of the MCU to accommodate this version of Ant-Man. Knowing what we wanted to do with Edgar and with Ant-Man, going years and years back, helped to dictate what we did with the roster for Avengers the first time. It was a bit of both in terms of his idea for the Ant-Man story influencing the birth of the MCU in the early films leading up to Avengers."

Feige also teased the appearance of Thanos in "Guardians of the Galaxy" and confirms that they do have an actor set, but he's "not sure we want to announce it yet."

12. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Daredevil details/comments.

Looks like the show will be released all at once for Netflix binge watching and will interconnect with AOS and other MCU elements. And they are emphasizing the "street level" nature of these shows.

Penguinator likes this.
  13. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Wonder if Murdock will show up in AOS. It'd be helpful to have a good defense lawyer.

14. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Nah Sinister, it'll be Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law.

15. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Y'know, after it became clear that Cap 2 was set in real time (two years post-Avengers)... I've decided that I want the MCU to stay in real time.

I know they've already said that they'll probably "James Bond" it with Stark, but now I really, really don't want them to. I want the heroes in this universe to grow old, retire, die, pass their mantles on, etc. I'm sick of elastic timelines. In thirty years time, I want them to be telling stories that are set thirty years post-Avengers.

16. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    It'd certainly be an interesting way to make the MCU different than everything else. I mean, they do have a very clear real world timeline in effect- even with some Phase 1-style compression, that can only last so long (especially with AOS running concurrent).

They also do have successors setup (or introduceable) for almost every franchise- Bucky for Cap, Rhodey (or if they want to draw upon the Stark brother story) for Stark suits, Beta Ray Bill could be brought in for Thor (though with Thor being a god in an unending cycle of death and rebirth, I think they'll just shave his beard and recast him), there's at least one more Ant-Man they could go to after Paul Rudd retires from the role (but with Paul Rudd being an unaging immortal, that's unlikely to happen), and you have plenty of SHIELD agents to draw upon for Widow and Hawkeye. Heck, once they unveil Black Panthner, you even have successors to him available.

17. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Sounds like the Sinister Six movie will start filming in January of 2015

18. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    I'm still wondering why they didn't just call it the Marvel Movie Universe.

19. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Have they come up with a release date yet?

20. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012

Sometime in 2016

21. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    2016 is looking to be pretty damned crowded too. Jeepers.

22. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yeah, 2015 and 2016 appear to be lined up for an average of one movie opening per day.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    2016 has some bug stuff but was nowhere near as bad as 2015 was looking until BVS and Pirates 5 bailed.

24. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    And Star Wars was moved to December.

25. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012