main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Cue The "Super Friends" Theme! - DC "CW-verse" Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarkEagle, Oct 13, 2012.

1. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    Well that's the same motivation Isabel Rochev has in the comics, so you have to give them credit for sticking to the source.

2. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    No I don't, I dislike it there just as much :p

3. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I watched the latest episode yesterday. I thought it was the best episode yet! Both of the fight scenes were amazing!

I'm so glad that Deathstroke kicked Team Arrow's ass! I've been waiting for that. I was afraid that they might depower him for the show and make Green Arrow have a fair fight with him, but no, they did exactly what should've happened, which was great. He hardly even moved and managed to knock them all out. I reckon that was the best scene of the entire series. So much for Oliver saying they'll bring the fight to him, instead the fight came to them. Slade had so many badass quotes during that scene. I loved it how he welcomed them home and then gave an evil laugh.

I knew Isabel Rochev was going to become Ravager, but when Diggle shot her I had my doubts. But nope, she's definitely becoming her now. So is she actually Slade's daughter, or have they changer Ravager's character round for the show? Because the age difference would work out. Either way, I've been hoping that she'd appear in Arrow, so that's great.

It was cool to see some characters from the Flash TV series being introduced, to make the connection between the two shows even stronger. Caitlin and Cisco seem like they'll be cool characters. Just as I was typing this, I looked to see if Caitlin would become a superhero like Cisco becomes Vibe, and wow. She actually becomes Killer Frost! I've never really liked her, but she might make it work and actually turn her into a cool supervillain.

Quentin was really cool, saying how it doesn't matter who the vigilante is and all that. I've grown to like his character so much more this season. And Laurel may just be starting to become a more likable character again, because of the way that she's handled finding out that Oliver and Sara are the vigilantes.

I thought the last scene with Slade standing over Isabel's body after injecting her with the Mirakuru was pretty intense. He's already extremely mad about Oliver causing Shado's death, and now he gets Slade's team mate or possible daughter killed. He's just asking for another thrashing.

4. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I really, really hope Merlin shows up and further screws up everything.

5. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    I'd really love to see a Slade vs. Merlyn fight. And it may just happen considering what Slade did to you know who.

6. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Does that happen in comics? Do the bad guys sometimes fight each other?

7. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    They sure do, especially when they have a reason to. There's already some conflict between villains in the show, since Ra's al Ghul wants to hunt down Merlyn.

8. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    Since when? I thought it was established that Merlyn was released? Isn't that what Canary said to his daughter?

9. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Yeah, he was released, but Ra's regrets it. When Moira contacted Ra's, he said something about wanting to know where Merlyn was, that's why he left town, because he knew his life was in danger.

10. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    Oh that's right! I had forgotten that scene.

11. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Really good episode tonight so far, and didn't have great expectations from the synopsis.

Liked the brief, but great conversation between Ollie and Felicity. Their chemistry continues to pop at every opportunity.

Edit: Holy ****. This show. This show.

s65horsey likes this.
  12. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Well... that escalated quickly in the last two minutes...

at least Thea has passed the superhero rite of witnessing a parent/guardian killed in front of them. Now she's well on her way to being Speedy.

s65horsey likes this.
  13. laurethiel1138

laurethiel1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 6, 2003

It really feels like any four-letter word is apt to describe the situation right now.

In other words: the fecal matter has just connected with the rotative device.

Lauré :)

14. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    I honestly was expecting Slade to continue his troll streak and kill Thea after Moira offered herself just to mess with them both.

15. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    Damn. Crazy stuff.

16. AstroFan428

AstroFan428 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 3, 2003
    Awesome, awesome episode.

It almost gets lost in everything that happened at the end, but Roy killed a cop, that's not going away.

Flashback Moira looked really good, do they "age" her with makeup usually? Or was it all the hair?

17. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Three part season finale starts next week.

4/30: "City of Blood"

5/7: "Streets of Fire"
    Merlyn is confirmed to return in this episode, saving Thea at some point.
    5/14: "Unthinkable" (real-time)

No idea how much darker this can get, but I think it's going to.

18. The_Forgotten_Jedi

The_Forgotten_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2010
    Damn. Fantastic episode. Was not expecting anything like that with three episodes still left in the season.

I thought they said the cop was in critical condition?

19. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    Gahhh guys you're making me so anxious, it's not out here yet!!!

20. AstroFan428

Oct 3, 2003

No they said the second cop died. I was listening for it when they did the news report.

21. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Well considering an army of super soldiers are about to attack the city... I think everyone will soon be aware of how it alters peoples brains so Roy will probably get off as he was out of his mind by being drugged and held hostage against his will.

22. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Holy...!

The minute Moira gave the speech about no decision being unthinkable to protect a child, I knew she was a goner but wow!

Obviously the last one to die is Sarah.

So with Moira dead and Blood soon to be outed, Will Oliver be running for Mayor then?

23. AstroFan428

Oct 3, 2003
    I wouldn't like that, it would just be too much. He couldn't even run a company and be the Arrow at the same time. lol

Another thing that gets lost in crazy ending, there is a little Oliver running around that will undoubtedly come up in later seasons.

s65horsey likes this.
  24. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Yeah, the general consensus in this thread tonight is "holy ****!!" What? WHAT next?

One thing is obvious now. As far as Ollie and Slade are concerned, if it wasn't before, the Rubicon has well and truly been crossed. Collision course at terminal velocity. And in the end, there will be blood. Oh yes, there will be blood.

25. AstroFan428

Oct 3, 2003
    Anyone else worried about the show moving forward next year without Slade Wilson? He has been such a great character since he first showed up. I think the show will still be good, but that will be a huge hole to fill.