main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    At first I was about to say "extra dimension" instead and adding a "pun not intended" (which I probably should have included either way), thank you very much.

2. Dameron

Dameron Jedi Master star 4

Apr 8, 2014

I'm a fundamentalist when it comes to names. If you call your movie "Star Wars," there had better be a war and there had better be stars. If you call a character the "Inquisitor," he had better ask some questions. It's fine for the title to be true in some figurative way, or represent the in-universe misconceptions of those who gave it, but it's part of your job as a writer to make it not just flat-out wrong.

3. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    If you were a true name fundie "Star Wars" would mean stars fighting eachother. Star Destroyers would also be capable of destroying stars, etc.

purplerain likes this.
  4. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Well the Inquisitors of SW are all pretty much based on the Inquisitors of the infamous Spanish Inquisition. Setting aside the fact that no one expected it, its inquisitors acted more like rounders than interrogators, as in they rounded up whomever went against their religion. Often those people were doomed the minute they were singled out, and if they ever were interrogated, it would have been more of a punishment than a means to pry information from them.

5. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Ugh. No, thank you.

Okay, maybe one. Maybe.

Nothing personal. One, they served heir purpose as the stars of an uneven arc from another, now-cancelled series.

But more than that, I just prefer to think that most of these folks perished in the Temple during Operation: Knightfall. Guess I'm a meanie like that.

6. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Gungi's emo hair is seriously killing me...

7. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    I want Byph to survive. The poor little guy was awesome overcoming his fear like that. The others I can take or leave and Petro can die in a fire. :p

8. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Again do not want...

9. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Idk who those guys are anyway.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  10. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Is it just me or is the one that's supposed to be older Petro just a darker skinned Lux (second character model)?

11. ManlyEwok

ManlyEwok Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 23, 2014
    I dunno...I'm not super excited about this series...I will definitely watch it, so I will hold my judgment until then. I'm not as excited about this as I was about The Clone Wars. Just sayin'.

FRAGWAGON likes this.
  12. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    It's interesting how Ezra wears a predeccesor of the Rebel flight suit and Sabine sprays a predeccesor of the Alliance Starbird. I wonder if each member of the crew will contribute something to the Alliance.

13. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I rather hope not that would be awfully cliche.

14. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    That is possible, but there is also a possibility that they were off world and therefore did not have a nice "encounter" with Anakin and Co in the Temple. Of course even if that was the case, they could have been in an area with clones and therefore killed, but of course there is a possibility that they were not around clones when Order 66 took place (there actually were jedi off on other duties that were not around clones when Order 66 happened).

Personally I do hope that the Rodian survives. Nice to have a Rodian that does not fall into the evil camp and is also a jedi.

15. StarWarsFan91

Oct 14, 2008
    What if we got to see the scooby doo gang survive and appear in Rebels, and then shown getting slaughtered by Vader?

Would you want or not want that?

16. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    It would be interesting if some of the six younglings survived and would show up in Rebels. However, Luke is supposed to be the last Jedi after Yoda dies in ROTJ so it is not to be forgotten that they logically would all be dead by then (I guess this would apply to Kanan too since he's a Jedi).

Seeing as this is foremost a show aimed at kids and tonally different from TCW, I couldn't imagine them being graphically killed on screen by Vader for example, so my guess is off-screen deaths or some sort of spaceship incident where we don't see the bodies.

17. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    Can't wait to see all the wacky hijinks these kids get into.

Petro: "Lord Vader, eh? More like Bored Vader."

Zer0 likes this.
  18. StarWarsFan91

Oct 14, 2008
    I think the point of luke being the "last jedi" is not that he has to be the only person in existence after Yoda's death, that has had jedi training and hasn't fallen to the dark side, but the only jedi that has the power to defeat the Sith and bring about the creation of a new jedi order, basically he is the only jedi left that is actually doing what a Jedi should do.

I do think there could be survivors from the Jedi order still alive (including Kanan) after Yoda's death, while still keeping Yoda's line about Luke being the last jedi true.....from a certain point of view :)

19. StarWarsFan91

Oct 14, 2008
    Then the gang rips off Vader's helmet.........REVEALING.....

That evil.... armored.....cyborg.... scary looking Sith.....was just Old Man Anakin all along.......

20. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Oh hell.

Although sending Petro out the airlock and using him as a target for the first Death Star's trial "operations" might be worth it.

Successful test on an obnoxious kid with a head the size of a planet; should work on a whole planet.

TX-20, Revanfan1 and Darth_Pevra like this.
  21. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    It also looks like Katooni is wielding Sting.

"The blade glows blue when Sith are nearby!"

cwustudent, Zer0 and Dark Lord Tarkas like this.
  22. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Hera's pants seem to be from the Rebel flight suit, too.

purplerain likes this.
  23. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011

Maybe it Petrol is slaughtered and burned after talking smack to Vader. I don't really have much against the rest of the Younglings except I wouldn't want a spin off series focusing on all of them.

24. podjazd

podjazd Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 16, 2013
    Hi :)

When I was searching the net, I noticed something interesting: on May the 4th Polish Disney Channel and XD will be airing program named "Mistrzowie Mocy" (it literally means "Masters of the Force", but it seems that original title is "Master the Force").

Description: Each episode presents a hero from the TV series "Star Wars Rebels".

Episodes will last about 5 minutes and will be aired several times a day. And do you remember rumors about those "Rebels" interstitials/TV shorts? Perhaps this is it?

My friend's news:

http://www.gwiezdne-wojny.pl/News/18200

Original source:

http://www.teleman.pl/program-tv/stacje/Disney-XD?date=2014-05-04

25. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    I wonder if we in the States will be getting these, too? [face_thinking]