main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Buff, NY SWN14 Rehearsals

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by Wild Sidewalker, Mar 24, 2014.

1. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    I cannot make it tonight. I believe my two partners and I will be meeting on Sundays

2. GrandAdmDraco

GrandAdmDraco Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 12, 2011
    Sadly I'll not be able to make tonight's practice either. Sorry all

3. Wild Sidewalker

Wild Sidewalker Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Practice is the best way to reduce the chance of injury during the live show by building performance skills and getting a sense of timing and movement preferences of one's partner. Less practice usually means having to be more conservative in one's duel -- less flashy, physical, etc.

For dueling performers who are going in with the expectation of being less flashy and physical, I imagine they will be focusing their availability for practice/rehearsals to the final weeks where we will do much of our field work and final decisions on choreography and timing.

It is the dueling performers who intend to be more physical and flashy in their duels and the featured duelists who I expect to make as many rehearsals as possible.

Only a few performers have told me how conservative they intend their performance to be and therefore how many practices they will attend. Certainly I would agree that more practice has to be better than less. But, with the exception of featured duelists, without knowing how "showy" a dueling performer intends to be, I'm not sure how we could judge how often any individual or pair need practice.

4. BigDanLevitan

BigDanLevitan Jedi Master star 5

Jun 26, 2005
    I will not be at tonight's practice. Weekday practices are not good for me

5. MusicalNeko

MusicalNeko Jedi Master star 2

Apr 21, 2009
    I'll be able to make this Saturday's practice albeit a little late. I'm trying to make it to as many as I am able.

Wild Sidewalker likes this.
  6. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    I'm going to be out of town until Monday 4/28/2014

7. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    This is a broad comment that not only is relevant to Jon's post but many on this thread:

As best I can, I have tried to identify who is partnering with whom; mainly so I can help people who are looking for partners. It would help if whenever anyone on this thread refers to their dueling partner(s) if they could name them. Also, for performers who play both Sith and Jedi characters, please indicate who is the Jedi in the partnership. Thank you!

8. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    Be aware that for the Saturday, May 10 rehearsal the Bisons parking lot will be off limits. If this changes, I will post it here. But, for now, please plan on parking on the street if you come that day.

9. WookieeJedi

WookieeJedi Merchandise Coordinator/North Ridge Diplomat star 4

Jun 15, 2009
    Good rehearsal yesterday..... Well production wise and for Larry, Becky, and dave barone

10. GreyGirl

GreyGirl Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 27, 2009
    As my dueling partner, Janice, is unable to make Saturdays rehearsal I will not be attending.

11. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002

Big turnout?

12. Darth Erebus

Darth Erebus Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2012
    It was a hoot. Did some flare, twirls, spins, and some jazz hands! And Liam and I worked out a duel.

13. WookieeJedi

Jun 15, 2009
    HUGE!!!! Lol

Lee Solara and Wild Sidewalker like this.
  14. quigonschuel

quigonschuel Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2011
    Good rehearsal tonight, and awesome turnout!

Lee Solara and Wild Sidewalker like this.
  15. BigDanLevitan

Jun 26, 2005
    I will not be at this weekend practice. My work schedule changed last minute.

16. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    I'll be there for the first two hours; my youngest is having a sleepover birthday party that I'll need to help wrangle. I will have the sample end credits with me; please see me to confirm how you are credited and your name is written. Also, I will be providing further direction on blocking and use of sight lines in the duels.

17. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    NOTE: Saturday's rehearsal is at Holy Ghost, 6-9 PM. There will be ten more rehearsals after this Saturday. The next one after that is Monday, May 5, at Coca Cola Field in the service hallway.

Lee Solara likes this.
  18. WookieeJedi

Jun 15, 2009
    I will not be able make practice on monday

19. myhale99

myhale99 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    I may be slightly tardy, but will be there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

20. BigDanLevitan

Jun 26, 2005
    I will once again not make any week day practices this week

21. GreyGirl

GreyGirl Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 27, 2009
    Will be at practice Monday but not Wednesday (dr appt). Will be in attendance on Saturday.

22. Lee Solara

Lee Solara North Ridge Secretary star 2

Oct 30, 2013
    I will be at all the rehearsals this week. I will have to leave wed at 7:30.

23. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    I'll be at CCF Service Hallway today from 6 until at least 7 to answer questions. I will stay as long as needed, but not longer. I will be there for full times starting the 10th.

24. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    All performers should be aware that we will have a rehearsal on Friday, June 6 at 6pm at a location to be determined. This will be followed by a pre-show dinner at Duff's. Please save the date!

Please regularly check the top of this thread for the most up to date info on rehearsals.

myhale99 and quigonschuel like this.
  25. quigonschuel

quigonschuel Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2011
    I will not be able to make the weekday rehearsals this week...I WILL be available for Saturday.