main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT The "What-If?" Depository - ALL conceptual/hypothetical conversation goes here

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by SithStarSlayer, Feb 27, 2013.

1. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    He hopped out and his droid flew it back to the ship.

2. vypernight

vypernight Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    At the end of ROTS, we see a now-Imperial Star Destroyer and some fighters flying over/past it. Are these V-Wings or TIE fighter prototypes? They look like V's but sound like TIE's so I wasn't sure.

3. Palpatine's P.A.

Palpatine's P.A. Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 9, 2014
    Just wondering, as per the title, what happened to the bodies of the three Jedi killed in Palpatine's office. Anyone examining them would have seen that they were killed by a lightsaber. Did he have them incinerated or something? That would look pretty suspicious. How did he explain that he was able to survive? Or did he just not need to as by then he had control?

Maybe there's an obvious answer to this but I'm missing it so please enlighten me if you can!

Oh wait, maybe I can answer myself. Did he say Anakin saved him from them?

4. DARTHLINK

DARTHLINK Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    I think there was an implication on his part that his noble apprentice went in and stopped the traitorous Jedi from attempting to assassinate him. So yes, he was implying that Anakin killed the other Jedi. I assume Palpatine's personal guards disposed of the bodies almost immediately after Anakin was knighted as Darth Vader.

5. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    OK, I have been thinking about Jar Jar Binks, and why a lot of people dislike him. Racism comes up a lot in that discussion. Does anyone else think Jar Jar is racist? And if so, do you seriously believe that George and the actor who played him would intentionally create a racist caricature in a film series made mainly for kids (GL's words)?

Oh, and this is obviously not a baiting question, as I am huge Prequel defender (just look at my sig!).

6. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    It may not have been the deliberate intention but I can see why some have the concern. Racism and most negative behaviours start from young ages thus I don't see why such an element possibly would not be present in something intended supposedly for children. However, I'd prefer our entertainment particularly aimed at the young was more positive.

7. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    That kind of stuff doesn't even come to mind with me. Don't forget Watto.

8. THE PortmanLuvva

THE PortmanLuvva Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2012
    I know this isn't a question I thought it was funny when the decoy queen gets Padm'e, the real queen, to clean R2 whilst they are on board the Noobian. :eek:

Iron_lord likes this.
  9. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    No. I suspect any characters that resemble racist caricatures in Lucas's work (I don't think Jar Jar is an example, but they do exist) are the products of his uncritical admiration for 1930s-1940s films that featured such caricatures intentionally.

Iron_lord, timmoishere and Darkslayer like this.
  10. Dameron

Dameron Jedi Master star 4

Apr 8, 2014

Surely this is done to let the real queen go off and do "real queen stuff" by herself without breaking the disguise. I think at one point, while the real Padme is off on this errand, she listens to a message from home on the space answering machine, right? The handmaidens can't always wait to go to their private quarters or whatever and switch, so made-up jobs are used to get Padme free to use the commlink or whatever and give orders in secret.

11. TheLightOverall

TheLightOverall Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2014
    Form VII - The Vaapad

Can I assume this is the pinnacle of all of the Lightsaber forms? From what I can gather, it basically requires one to absorb all the different forms and use those styles to create a total all out crazy powerful offensive attack? That and Juyo was still a Form VII style, but had a weakness from force attacks, that Windu corrected with the Vaapad?

12. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    In the RotS novel, Obi-Wan's Soresu rather than Mace's Vaapad is deemed to be the best way to take down Grievous.

13. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    Is there any symbolism to whatever Anakin and Palpatine were watching as they discussed Plagueis?

14. TheLightOverall

TheLightOverall Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2014
    Interesting, so the different forms are like rock paper scissors with one another?

15. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
  16. Samnz

Samnz Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    What irritates (for lack of a better word) me about the Jar Jar rasicm theory is that those who suggest racism tend to ignore Jar Jar's positive traits. Yes, he is clumsy and yes, he might not be the smartest person in the universe....BUT he's also got a good heart, he's helpful, sympathetic and loyal. So why are these positive traits ignored when it comes to racial stereotypes?
    So no, I don't see there was anything remotely racist about Jar Jar. Watto is a different thing, probably.

Sith impregnation. Seed of evil and omnipotence being planted in Anakin's head.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

rdhight likes this.
  17. Staplepuffs27

Staplepuffs27 Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2014
    Does Anakin try to use a Jedi mind trick on Padme in episode III? "I don't want to hear anymore about Obi-Wan"

If he does, it certainly doesn't work, but I always liked the idea that he does try.

18. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Why does Palpatines face change during his fight with Mace Windu?

19. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    He was hit with rebounded Force lightning at close range.

20. Carrie Walsh

Carrie Walsh Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 13, 2014
    Was C3PO real or CGI in Attack of the Clones? I know for sure he was CGI in some scenes on Geonosis, but he looks really fake to me for most of the rest of the movie too

21. Carrie Walsh

Carrie Walsh Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 13, 2014
    So was Luke in Return of the Jedi though. His face was fine lol

Ananta Chetan likes this.
  22. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    Luke was further away. Mace was right up in Palpatine's face.

CGI in the droid factory scenes where he's dangling from the machinery, real in all other scenes IIRC.

23. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Good point on Luke. I always assumed it was Palpatines true face and somehow he was hiding his features through some dark side magic or something.

24. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    So did others:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mask_(Sith_Alchemy)

25. Sab Jo

Sab Jo Jedi Master star 2

Jul 2, 2013
    Why did Palpatines voice change at that time? For a moment it even growled and echoed, like something supernatural.

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk