main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books STAR WARS: LORDS OF THE SITH by Paul S. Kemp

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Zorkel567, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Zorkel567

Zorkel567 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2010
    [​IMG]

When the Emperor and his notorious apprentice, Darth Vader, find themselves stranded in the middle of insurgent action on an inhospitable planet, they... must rely solely on each other, the Force, and their awesome martial skills to prevail. Created in collaboration with the Lucasfilm Story Group. Coming March 2015. Jacket art by Aaron McBride.

From https://www.facebook.com/starwarsbooks

*It also features a character who I’m not allowed to name just yet, but who appeared in The Clone Wars animated series.
    *In terms of where it fits in the timeline, Lords of the Sith is set after the Revenge of the Sith film and before the forthcoming Rebels television show

http://paulskemp.com/blog/my-next-star-wars-novel-announced-lords-of-the-sith/

2. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    WHAT

OH EMPEROR'S BLACK BONES, I WANT TO READ THIS ONE MOST OF ALL

dammit LFL I'm supposed to be angry with you right now, what the hell.

3. Zorkel567

Jan 20, 2010
    I will say, I at first misread martial as marital, and was like, "Woah, wonder where Disney's taking this story." :p

4. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    [​IMG]

Um....

Ok....

Not quite so interested in this now.

5. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    Vader and Sidious buddy novel?

Three out of three, Del Rey. Well played.

6. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    That is a way better choice of subject matter than I would have expected from any book with "Sith" in the name.

TKT, Point Given , Revanfan1 and 3 others like this.
  7. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    [​IMG]

8. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Sith. Do. Not. Buddy.

9. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011
    I'm interested in this.

10. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    I think GrandAdmiralJello just splooshed.

I also will buy 10 copies of this if Vader and Palpatine kiss.

11. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Actually, @Lugija's reaction is exactly the same as mine. Everywhere I've been talking about it, I called it a Vader/Palpatine buddy cop novel. And as my above (formerly-canon) image attests, they are best friends .... maybe even more :p

I don't know what that means.

darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  12. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Sithback Mountain?

13. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    I also have to give credit to the cover. Simply because it has more than one guy and they do more than just stand still like in a movie poster, or taken from a movie poster.

14. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    And you don't want to.

If this proves to be the toppest of tier slash fiction, I'll be insanely happy.

Imagine Wild Space but instead of Bail and Obi-Wan, it's Palpatine and Sidious.

15. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    I feel like Paul Kemp will try to use (shoehorn) material from his novels.

YoungBossk likes this.
  16. Darth_Garak

Darth_Garak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    I'm not sure how to fell about this. Palps and Vader stranded sounds odd (Vader I get, he's usually on the front lines but Palpatine?). On the other hand if done right this can be awesome.

However I have a feeling they will go hardcover first so I have to wait a year to read it (hardcover takes up to much space sadly).

17. jedislider18

jedislider18 Jedi Knight

Jan 27, 2013
    Sounds like something that Dark Horse would do. Can't wait to see how this turns out. I've been dying for more books.

18. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    His Imperial Majesty has many important matters to attend to. It's entirely possible that his shuttle was treacherously sabotaged or some other underhanded means used to divert him from his intended course, as has been attempted before.

19. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011

Being the genius he is, we can't discount the idea that Lord Sidious may have organized this entire thing as a test for his Apprentice.

20. Zorkel567

Jan 20, 2010
    "My next Star Wars novel was announced today (press release here). This is the cover. Just. Look. At. It.
    Now, I actually wanted to title the novel, “Force Lightning, Mofos!” but that idea was not well received. :)
    A blurb from Del Rey:
    When the Emperor and his notorious apprentice, Darth Vader, find themselves stranded in the middle of insurgent action on an inhospitable planet, they must rely solely on each other, the Force, and their awesome martial skills to prevail. Created in collaboration with the Lucasfilm Story Group. Coming March 2015. Jacket art by Aaron McBride.
    I can say a few things more about the book: First, as is apparent from that spectacular cover, the book features Vader and Palpatine. It also features a character who I’m not allowed to name just yet, but who appeared in The Clone Wars animated series. In terms of where it fits in the timeline, Lords of the Sith is set after the Revenge of the Sith film and before the forthcoming Rebels television show.
    Alas, that’s all I’m allowed to say at this point about the substance of the book.
    I’m excited about it, though, and hope you are, too.
    Oh, and finally: BOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMM!"

http://paulskemp.com/blog/my-next-star-wars-novel-announced-lords-of-the-sith/

KED12345, Revanfan1 and Jedi Ben like this.
  21. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Palpatine on the frontlines? With Vader? This could end up very...very...interesting. If the Empire of the Hand's cloning thing from the Jaden Korr novels is somehow implemented, I'll be doubly happy!

22. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    oh **** it's going to have *****ing Cad Bane in it isn't it?

credar, Cynical_Ben and Revanfan1 like this.
  23. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Oh, why couldn't it be called Force Lightning Mofos!:_|

24. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    Maul perhaps?

25. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Or Maul, or Rex, or...