main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Sword of the Jedi by Christie Golden

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Todd the Jedi , Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006

I think it was the other way around. That it was Vitiate who didn't have the blessing of the Sith ghosts, it was Kun and Droma who did.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  2. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Revanfan1 already noticed and acknowledged that:

Revanfan1 likes this.
  3. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Obviously he was considered as a Sith. Dark Lord of the Sith.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  4. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Okay, you're right. I said earlier I had misremembered. Still, I gave options regarding how to keep him canon. Saying he was just a fallen Jedi who discovered Sith teachings would be the easiest way to do so. Worst case scenario, you retcon his story forward to c.1000 BBY, too.

5. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Kun is a far more interesting character than the Sith Emperor, they totally should keep him as the Dark Lord of the Sith. He was the real successor of Naga Sadow and was acknowledged by Ragnos, the Sith Emperor simply created his own empire.

6. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Sure, but they can still easily keep them both. And I know I and a bunch of other TOR players would be very upset to have that retconned out of existence. Kun, he's more interesting, but many people have a vested interest in the (ongoing) story of TOR. The Emperor is only one facet of that story, remember.

7. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Sure.

I played SWTOR for very long and love many personal stories, a lot of Sith(Jadus, Marr, Malgus, Gravus) were very cool, but I have to say the overall plot was not impressive. The design of the "true" Sith Empire was like a rip off from Palpatine's Empire and the Sith Emperor's story was not interesting. I hope they could not just keep, but also improve the SWTOR story by a little bit

8. beccatoria

beccatoria Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 8, 2006
    Honestly the fact that there's even the potential that the Story Group will decide this could still be canon is surprising to me. I mean, this is basically the part of continuity most likely to be in trouble unless the ST is incredibly EU compliant.

But also, like, JJ Abrams script is finished, and they must have known the broad strokes of the trilogy for a long time.

I suppose if they're really worried about the hardcore EU fans, then any decision one way or another on this might be considered a "spoiler" in that we'd infer things about the EU-compliance of the ST from it. But I mean...there aren't that many of us. Are they really that spoilerphobic? Or are they still genuinely in a position where they know the plot of the VII but it doesn't clearly dictate whether or not Jaina Solo exists?

9. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
  10. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Honestly I don't think they are going to touch the Old Republic Era since ST got little to do with it. Of course it would be super awesome to see a trilogy based on the Great Sith War.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  11. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Yeah, I doubt that we'll get anything that'd contradict something so long ago. They were even able to work around Palpatine's "1,000 years" line (Which, of course, contradicted one of the other movies). Anything's possible, but it almost seems like they'd be either killing all of the EU or trolling fans if they end up contradicting something as long ago as KOTOR and TOR.

Clearly I missed that.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  12. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Yeah quite the opposite. We'll probably never hear anything from that era after again.

13. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Why? They will make money and does not contradict with the movie era at all.

14. 13977

13977 Jedi Master

Jan 18, 2008

Exactly.
    I really hope they continue the EU as a separate canon to the new movies but if they don't then I hope they at least release SOTJ to wrap up the LTOTS story and give us a proper ending.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  15. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    This is one series of books that I was really looking forwrd too

Tom Cahill and Force Smuggler like this.
  16. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I get the feeling this will be released, much, much after Ep. 7 (maybe after the ST!). And it might even include a retcon twist that somehow crams / destroys the post ROTJ EU into the ST making it a final OG postROTJ EU story.

17. Tom Cahill

Tom Cahill Jedi Knight

Jan 26, 2014
    Me too, vong, me too.

18. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    I've been looking forward to it since late 2003, though around 2006 or so I stopped.

19. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    So after all the news we have heard today...what about this? 100% dead?

20. Zorkel567

Zorkel567 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2010
    Most likely. Really, though, I'd love to see it released under the Legends banner, as futile a dream as it may be.

13977 and Revanfan1 like this.
  21. Clone_Cmdr_Wedge

Clone_Cmdr_Wedge Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2006

From the looks of things, I'd say that it's at least 99%. I guess there's a small chance they could publish it as part of the whole "Legends" line, but I wouldn't count on it.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  22. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    There is still, officially, no answer other than Del Rey has no plans at this time to release any new Legends books and everything they will release on their current schedule will be a part of the new continuity.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  23. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    So the new "Legend" books are from now on going to be linked to the movies and such? Kinda confused....

24. Zorkel567

Zorkel567 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2010
    Basically, all exisiting novels as of this moment will be moved into the 'Legends' line, while all new novels starting with New Dawn launch the new line of Expanded Universe novels. So basiccally, the 'Legends' universe will be the pre-established EU, and all new novels will be in the 'True Universe.'

25. Darth_Garak

Darth_Garak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    Legend covers all the EU we know and love. It's all a legend, for people in universe ...... or something like that.

EDIT: Got ninja'ed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.