main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Official Sequel Trilogy / Legends / Expanded Universe discussion thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by YoureNotJonesy, Nov 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009

Do not forget Earth 8311!

[​IMG]

2. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998

Go read this:

http://www.thewrap.com/movies/artic...rights-killed-jj-abrams-grand-ambitions-91766

JJs not simply on board to direct... he's here to control the franchise. Kathleen Kennedy is a film producer, she's a money person... she gets films made. She's not a creative type like JJ. JJ is not uprooting his family from his home in LA to bring them to London to oversee something he's going to be done with in a few months.

This is JJs opportunity to put his stamp on a beloved franchise and make sure he controls the message from beginning to end. Even if he doesn't direct another Star Wars movie he will be at the helm shepherding the franchise for better or worse.

Yancy

3. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    I stated that a few pages back. Its a good idea.

4. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000

I will if you don't! =)

markdeez33 likes this.
  5. Lurknomore

Lurknomore Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2014
    I think that's what they did, but simplified: Legends is the alternate reality, everything else is the movie reality.

6. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013

I like to think of it as a beach bonfire with copies of Kevin J Anderson books being stacked at the bottom.

7. markdeez33

markdeez33 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 25, 2013
    In the immortal words of Rocky Balboa, "Go for it"

8. ScorpionJedi

ScorpionJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2013
    So it's just Post-ROTJ that's getting the boot?

9. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I take it to be as simple as this.

10. Darth Doop

Apr 24, 2014
    I'm tempted to beat everyone by putting It there first. [face_laugh]
    Nope, its everything that isn't TCW, Rebels, the new books, or the films. But things will be "Adopted" from the EU in future works.

Dra--- likes this.
  11. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Mar 8, 2000

Too late.

12. Lord Tuvitor

Lord Tuvitor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 27, 2003
  13. Darth Doop

Apr 24, 2014
    Next time Big Bad Yoda Daddy, next time.......

14. ScorpionJedi

Jun 19, 2013
    Great :( They're not even green-lighting anything in the Old Republic era as a sign of good faith that they're not discarding that era. :(

15. Darth Doop

Apr 24, 2014
    I think TOR era will be getting a reboot of some sorts in the near future.

Mystery Roach, Ryus and Dra--- like this.
  16. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Mar 8, 2000

Yeah, but I doubt anything in Ep VII will contradict much if anything in that era. They're probably just playing their cards close to the vest until they decide to move into that direction.

17. Lord Tuvitor

Lord Tuvitor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 27, 2003
    They've already done that somewhat, by giving Revan and the Exile an actual canon face in SWTOR.

18. Darth Doop

Apr 24, 2014
    I mean a full on reboot considering that the EU is done for.

19. ScorpionJedi

Jun 19, 2013
    I doubt it. I think they just want to milk the movie era and eras surrounding the movies. The closest I think we're getting to an "Old Republic" will be a Yoda origin story starting with a birth scene and a story that's copy/pasted from Batman Begins and every other origin story ever made in the last 10 years.

20. Momotaros

Momotaros Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2013
    THR is reading are coments on here... http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/new-star-wars-expanded-universe-699082

Overall, the attitude of many hardcore Star Wars fans was one perhaps best summed up by one member of TheForce.net’s forums, who posted that “the fact that a Disney executive doesn't consider the EU to be canon doesn't alter the books in the slightest, and doesn't make them less enjoyable to read. The Star Wars EU was always about selecting your own material, about deciding which of the storylines to admit into your own 'universe' so to speak (you had to do that, because a lot of the stuff contradicted other stuff!).”
    “Ultimately it doesn’t matter what’s [canon] or not,” went another message on the site. “The fans will still accept and reject whatever they choose.” That line of thinking was taken a stage further on Twitter, with someone suggesting “Disney can say the Star Wars EU isn’t canon anymore, but if these movies aren’t amazing, fans will always say the EU is what really happened.”
    If all else fails, there’s always fan fiction -- or, if fans get truly desperate, Star Trek.

mavjade likes this.
  21. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I so hope I'll never have to see Yoda being born. [face_plain]

"Push, you must"

22. Darth Doop

Apr 24, 2014
    Yoda birth scene?

DONOTWANT
    DONOTWANT
    DONOTWANT

Ryus and Dra--- like this.
  23. Darth Archimage

Darth Archimage Jedi Master star 3

May 28, 2013
    I'm very excited about the Tarkin Novel.
    Luceno gave a little background on the Tarkin family in the Plagueis book, I am interested to see how much overlapping there may be between the two or if there will be any contradictions due to the Story Group.

Dra--- likes this.
  24. Ichthyocentaur

Ichthyocentaur Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 25, 2014
    This gives me a great idea for a plot outline.

The new main universe heroes get sucked into some sort of Space Opera Plot Vortex and land in the Post-Post Legacy Era of the Legends universe.

Meanwhile, back in the regular Legacy Era (of the Legends universe), the Legends Big Three get sucked into a Space Opera Plot Time Rift that appeared in their nursing home and also land in the Post-Post Legacy Era.

Still following? Okay, so now, it's revealed that the Biggest Baddest Evillest Sith EVER has resurrected (and hybridized) PalpaThrawn, who has built the biggest, most explosivey superhypermegaweapon of all time, the Universe Defenestrator, and his plan is to send it through the newly discovered Space Opera Plot Vortex and destroy the main universe.

The two Big Threes destroy PalpaThrawn and prevent him from sending the Universe Defenestrator through the vortex. However, while the new Big Three escape, the entire Legends universe (along with all Legends characters) is fatally Defenestrated.

I think that would be a fitting finale.

The Revanchist and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  25. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Now if they want to they can make Darth Plagueis another species. He's still canon via ROTS, but the "facts" in his novel can be changed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.