main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. superstardestroyer-1

superstardestroyer-1 Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 20, 2002
    In most ways, I'd say his prosthesis is more advanced than anything Vader had. Anakins original replacement hand looked like a droid arm. Then, everything Vader got was again very synthetic and droid like.

Luke's replacement hand was a fully realized bio-mechanical hand that had sense of touch, skin, etc.

Even if they had to take a little more off than Vader, I'd rather have what Luke has any day of the week.

2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011

Probably sometime in the fall if a Bonus Content blu-ray is going to happen.

KeithyT likes this.
  3. Darth Kickass

Darth Kickass Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2013
    Anyone notice Darth Bane has been added to the SW.com character encyclopedia?

4. Lord_Anzeroth

Lord_Anzeroth Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2013

Bah! Just read his entry...It does not do him any justice. But then again this encyclopedia is for the more casual fans.

Revanfan1 and podjazd like this.
  5. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    At long last. I've been waiting for the encyclopedia to be updated.

6. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Actually I think it was pretty good. It laid it all out on the line: Sith were destroyed, Bane saw their error, created the Rule of Two. Sure, it didn't go into details about the EU stories about him, which is disappointing, but expected.

Anzeroth2112 likes this.
  7. Lord_Anzeroth

Mar 2, 2013

It was a good summary. But I think the character will not be fully appreciated by someone unless he/she reads his EU stories as well.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  8. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    I loved reading a Karpyshan-free description of Bane. I much prefer pre-Karpyshan Bane over Karpyshanized Bane.

9. superstardestroyer-1

May 20, 2002
    well, we finally have confirmation that clone wars is safe from the Disney/Lucasfilm Canon axe!

http://starwars.com/news/the-legendary-star-wars-expanded-universe-turns-a-new-page.html

Lucas always made it clear that he was not beholden to the EU. He set the films he created as the canon. This includes the six Star Wars episodes, and the many hours of content he developed and produced in Star Wars: The Clone Wars. These stories are the immovable objects of Star Wars history, the characters and events to which all other tales must align.

10. Lord_Anzeroth

Mar 2, 2013
    So TWC is canon. What about the rest of the EU?Specifically the post-ROTJ EU. Does it mean it is not canon?
    I read the article and it seems to me that producers can now create new EU content that will be considered Canon. But some elements of the "original" EU will also remain canon.

In essence (correct me if I am wrong) that means that (for instance) Mara Jade marrying Luke is canon if Disney choses to keep her story, but if Disney does not want the Thrawn Trilogy, then their encounter (Mara and Luke) during Heir of the Empire is not canon.

Also, is there an thread about this?

11. superstardestroyer-1

May 20, 2002

It's all non canon now. It's being rebranded as "infinities". So, an alternate universe. It's like the old Marvel What If books now as far as I'm concerned.

I'm taking it literally. The only stuff that's canon are the movies, and The Clone Wars.

The only thing that possibly seems up for debate would be the Tartakovsky series, and I'll consider it canon until they produce something that contradicts it. That's just me though.

12. Lord_Anzeroth

Mar 2, 2013
    Really?!
    Dammit Disney! They just threw 30 years of EU out the window.
    Really disappointed

13. superstardestroyer-1

May 20, 2002

I agree to an extent; however, I expected something like this ever since Episode 7 was announced, honestly.

It's like the Marvel cinematic universe now. Disney and the filmmakers don't want to be beholden to hundreds of books and comic books spread out over 25 years. I get that to an extent too.

For as much as I loved the EU and I read literally dozens of novels, some of the stories were convoluted messes, and just not very good. Some were great, but it'd be hard to parse the good from the bad going forward if they were going to keep everything canon.

I'm just glad Clone Wars is still Canon. Would have been happier had they mentioned the Tartkovsky series in this. Heck, I wish they'd mentioned the Droids cartoon series as canon, but I'm weird like that. Ha!

Vader'sGoodHand likes this.
  14. Lord_Anzeroth

Mar 2, 2013
    I understand what you mean superstardestroyer.

Some of the stories were indeed a mess and not good. Some of the TOR novels were only made to give some backstory to the Characters of the game.

However the Malgus novel was such a novel, but I really liked it. It gave us insight into some pretty interesting aspects of the Era, and highlighted a very original Sith.

And that is only a fraction of what the EU had to offer. I just hope that they don't completely disregard the good stuff; Thrawn, Bane, Revan, Krayt, Mara etc.

15. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    The one thing I look forward to about the ST: the death of the ****ing canon discussions, both on the "neener neener" side and the "Disney sucks side."

Maybe I'll create a "neener neener, Disney sucks" paradigm.

I've always liked AU/Infinities type stuff so I don't care, if it's good I'll buy it.

But damn, the "Lucas said/Disney said" back and forth is getting old.

So TCW "really happened" I guess.

...oh.

16. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

I rather have a badass looking mechanical arm than a realistic hand :p

cwustudent likes this.
  17. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    [​IMG]
    "...the book features Vader and Palpatine. It also features a character who I’m not allowed to name just yet, but who appeared in The Clone Wars animated series. In terms of where it fits in the timeline, Lords of the Sith is set after the Revenge of the Sith film and before the forthcoming Rebels television show."
    http://paulskemp.com/blog/my-next-star-wars-novel-announced-lords-of-the-sith/

Is it Maul, Ahsoka, Bo Katan, or Rex... or a bounty hunter?

18. Lord_Anzeroth

Mar 2, 2013
    NOT AHSOKA

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  19. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    Vader: Darth Snips?

Ahsoka: . . . Yes, Master Skyguy.

Vader: Riiiiise!

20. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Roo Roo Page, duh.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  21. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Gah! You got me to look that one up, well played.

22. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Oh hell.

23. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    You don't know who Roo Roo Page is?

CASUAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    [​IMG]
    Maul. I want Vader to take out Maul.