main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canderous and Cade's Crazy Cantina: a shiny new fanfiction social thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Horses or goats would be nice, except that I live inside those dang city limits. :p And if the city didn't come down on us for it, the drug dealers next door would complain to their homeboys in the police department until somebody did come down on us for it. *sigh* I wish I could afford to move, but I don't have room in the budget for a rent or mortgage payment (this house was paid off by my dad 14 years ago, and its already low value took a nosedive directly into the sewer when the drug dealers moved in).

2. Lunarcat

Lunarcat Jedi Youngling

Apr 20, 2014
    I have no doubt, the little dudes can jump pretty high! We got an invisible fence for our dogs, and that thankfully keeps them off the road, and out of the horsey's area. (Otherwise I think we might wake up one day with a hoof shaped print in my husky:oops:)

Hey, uhh... n00b question![face_pig] how does one send pm's exactly? Sorry!

3. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Click on the person's name and that will give you a pop up menu. Then click start a conversation. Or go to your in box on the top right and click on it and then start a conversation. Then type in the person's name. I'm not sure if you have to put the @ before the name or not.

4. Lunarcat

Lunarcat Jedi Youngling

Apr 20, 2014
    Ah! I thought so, but just wanted to make sure that wasn't doing something wrong, like maybe there was a button I had completely overlooked. Thank you! :D

5. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Get pygmy goats. They're small and cute.

And you are all getting sleepy... veeeerrryyy sleeeeepyyy...

[​IMG]

Findswoman , Goodwood and jcgoble3 like this.
  6. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Interestingly, I am getting sleepy... :)

...but only because my dad dragged me out of bed at the ***-crack of dawn (well, OK, 7:30 am, but it feels like the ***-crack of dawn when you're used to getting up around noon) because he needed me to follow him to the repair shop so he could drop his car off and have me take him back home. Of course, once I've been outside and away from the house, I cannot go back to sleep, even though I stayed up until 3:00 am last night to upgrade my computer to Windows 8.1 just to solve an issue with the speakers. So it feels like 5:00 am right now, even though it's only 11:30 pm. I sense a relatively early bedtime tonight.

7. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    Just get Kick-Ass and Hit Girl to come over and beat the snot out of the drug dealers until they leave.

8. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    So, barring anything going south with a home inspection, I just bought a house (with my sister). I is adult now?

Goodwood and TrakNar like this.
  9. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Yes, ur adult nao.

10. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Poopie. Don't want to. Can't make me.

However, in reality, it feels soo good to know I'll (most likely) have my own place, and I'm not renting some hole in a wall. Yes, I have friends getting married this summer, but I'm not being left behind in the whole growing up business, by being that butt in my parent's basement. NOW I'LL BE THE BUTT IN MY SISTER'S BASEMENT! But seriously, I hate living on the outskirts of town. I'll be able to walk almost anywhere I need to when we get this place..

11. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    I'm glad you're looking forward to it, Briannakin!

It's really a whole new realm of awesome to have your own place, even if you're still living with a family member or roommate (essentially the same thing though, right?). It's great to be able to go where you want when you want without too much trouble...unless you can't drive and/or live in a city without public transport. I hope you have fun!

12. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Yea! My car has a bad ABS wheel sensor. It is not the transmission! It is a $150 repair! Thank goodness!

13. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Whew! What a relief that it's nothing more than that. Hope it's back to working order soon.

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  14. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Welcome to the land of paying bills, Bri.

Gemma and Jedi_Lover like this.
  15. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    I feel like I just buy cars that are on the verge of collapse. My first car took about 7 months before the rear main seal failed and it just started puking oil everywhere. Then I bought a Saturn coupe, it's so aerodynamic so it's great because I spend so much time on the highway, but now after almost a year, both front wheel bearings need replacing. Since I'm still out of work, I can't afford the repairs.

16. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Thanks! :D
    Don't worry, if it were to happen I could only be gone for around 2 weeks. I think you guys could maybe be good that long, but if not there are others in MS who have or do hang around these parts sometimes that would be willing to help.

Congrats on the house, Bri!! That's awesome!

17. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Hooray, Briannakin 's all grown up now! :D Enjoy your new digs, m'lady. Being a homeowner (or at least part of one) has its own very specific kind of excitement attached to it. As in, if stuff breaks, you have to either fix it yourself or pay to fix it yourself. But that can still be kind of fun—seriously, it can! Will you have a garden or yard, by the way?

18. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    There's a front and a back yard. It's not tiny, but it's not huge either. No garden, but none of us are really gardeners. But I think I might get some house plants. My mother kills anything green, but my dad always had plants.

So, can I rant about bridezilla for a sec. So, two days after the wedding (which is my birthday just btw - I told her she was the worst friend ever for leaving on my birthday) her and her hubby are going back-packing around England, Scotland and Ireland for a month. Not exactly the most romantic thing (and they aren't even history nerds or anglophiles), but I am rather jealous, just because I LOVED England and would love to see Scotland and Ireland. But I feel as though they are going to either love it, or get a divorce right after. And I dont get how they can afford a trip like that, and yet when they get back they are going to have to live with her parents for the foreseeable future. Her parents kinda have a basement suite, but there is no separate entrance/exit, so no privacy. So, I guess it's kinda SWEET justice for me. Yes, she gets to get married and have a great honeymoon, but she's the one still living in her parent's basement (with all her siblings still in the house) when it's all over in August, where as I'll be living on my own, in my own house (kinda).

Also, I hate her so much for what she is making us wear (as does her sister and the one other bridesmaid that lives in town). Our dresses came (she ordered them online) so I went over to pick it up and to try it on for her. I honestly didn't know whether to laugh or cry. The dress isn't that bad (thank god it's not pink) and I'm able to pull it off, but when you add the shoes, the lace gloves [which are hilariously small on my Marfan syndrome hands (I dont actually have Marfan's, but I do have crazy big man hands)], the parasols, AND the cat-eye glasses, it just looks ridiculous. It has gone from 1950s inspired, to just 1950s costume. Her sister and I were talking and yes, it would be the last thing we would ever want to wear, but it all makes her happy, so for the sake of a day, we are going to do it for her, then burn everything.

19. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    I can only shake my head at bridezilla.

Make sure you take pictures when you burn the costumes, so you can remember the glorious moment you were freed from the wrath of bridezilla forever. :D

20. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    So, apparently the new trilogy is going to completely ignore all post-ROTJ expanded universe material. Now, there are those who will (rightly) say that for some items, this is a good thing, but there was so much good about that period that it's really like throwing the baby out with the bathwater!

And I suddenly find myself less interested in Ep. VII.

21. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I'd rather hear more about Bridezilla. I spent the greater part of the night in Lit. Rants about Bridezilla are a welcome change.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  22. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    I'm glad I already expected that, so it doesn't hurt so much, and I don't consider myself spoiled.

23. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    What? I knew there was some big EU announcement, but was too busy to read it. We want to avoid any potential spoilers here, but I'm not all that surprised. Some stuff I'm not sad to see go (*cough* NJO, Darth Poop Solo, Christal Star *cough*), but there are other elements that I hope they keep.

More about bridezilla? OK? I think, any mature person who thinks that they are mature enough to get married would say, hmm, we are broke and poor. My fiance doesn't have a steady job and never has had one, and I'm a student. Maybe it ISN'T the best idea to go to England for a month (I don't care if you are back-packing, it's expensive to travel over there) if it means that we will have to live with my parents for the next year, at least. And who goes on a month-long honeymoon. Their first fight will be hell, because they will be tired, cranky and she will have no one to turn to.

Call it schadenfreude, or justice, or just being a butt-hole, but I'm kinda glad that she will have that kind of humiliation of being married and living with her parents, while I'm a 100% free woman, in my own place.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  24. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I think it is the perfect time to backpack around England. They probably will ask for money for wedding gifts, they don't have jobs to worry about, they are young and in love and they have no kids. They probably would be living in their parents basement until the job situation is stabilized anyway.

Once you get bogged down with 9 to 5 jobs, have a house payment and two kids then it becomes a struggle to do anything. This year my vacations will consist of a trip to Disney World and being a scout leader on a one week camp-out surrounded by 2000 obnoxous teenage boys. :rolleyes: Don't get me wrong, Boy Scouts are kind and polite, but at that 6th-10th grade age range they are naturally irritating and they don't know it.

25. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    As someone who lived with their parents from the age of 23-26 in order to save money (totally my parents idea, I was willing to get an apartment), I don't see anything wrong with that, though I guess it does depend on your parents. Mine were pretty cool and treated me like an adult. The job market is such that many people are living with their parents much later because they can't afford to do anything else. My parents keep asking if I want to come back and live with them again, I think they miss it. ;) (I told them if they would move to Boston, I would totally live with them, I'm just not moving back to WV.)

While I see your point about saving money, Bri, I agree with J_L that it's a pretty good time if you are going to do something like that. I would have loved to have done so!

26. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    The bride and groom will have the rest of their lives to be responsible adults. They are at a natural transition point in their life when they can do something like this. Just tell them to stick to the roads and stay clear of the moors.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.