main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Yeah: if you're at a complete stop and if someone rear ends you, it's their fault.

2. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    That's pretty much exactly what happened. I didn't call the police, but I'm wondering if I should have judging by what some have told me. Otherwise, I got all the info and did everything right.

3. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm glad your ok Heero, that sucks.

I'm a jerk. I publicly outted a Bestbuy employee trying to scam people whether intentional or not. II browsed laptops for the heck of it at Bestbuy. I recognize he is probably getting paid to do this. Some employee came up to me with his sales cap on mentioned I can get a Mobile Hotspot free with the purchase of a laptop from the cellular carrier I happen to work for. What pissed me off is whether intention or not that's misleading. First off the mobile hotspot feature for smartphones is included at no charge on share plans. This device would actually cost $20 a month for two years. Why should Bestbuy be trying to sell me on something that would end up coasting me $480usd over the course of a two year contract when the same thing is already available to customers for free? His answer was because using a smartphone as a hotspot eats up the battery. No, that's not a good justification for trying to rip me and who knows how many customers off sir. This is how I end up getting angry phone calls from customers. The only people who might need an actual mobile hotspot unit are business travelers.

EHT and Dark Lord Tarkas like this.
  4. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Seerow you're not a jerk, they had it coming. Imagine how many people he already successfully ripped off and how many people you have prevented him from doing so to!

5. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Would anyone here believe that the character in my avatar is supposed to be sexy?

6. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Is it made in Japan? If so, then yeah I totally believe that. Otherwise.... [face_plain]

7. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    The character in my avatar isn't supposed to be sexy. She is.

8. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Likewise.

9. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Unfortunately no. She is Lien-Da from the Lara-Su Chronicles, a completely original graphic novel project and upcoming motion picture made by the American comic book legend Ken Penders. I believe I mentioned him during my LACWAC member interview a while back. For those who aren't aware, and I'm guessing this is pretty much everyone, she originally was a character in the Sonic the Hedgehog comic book (this is what she used to looked like--a tough femme fatale echidna). Ol' Penders managed to win his characters back in a lawsuit so he could make his graphic novel, but he had to change his characters' appearances as to not infringe upon Sega's echidna design.

(Here's a link to the full version and another view of her.)

10. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    "Community Reacts…Not Very Well" Lol, what a lead-in. Well, I was half-right, since she's based on a Japanese character. ;)

11. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    Hah, 'a Sonic character' was the first thing that came to my mind when I saw your avatar :D.

12. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    I have dragons :) I believe that adds several points to my sexiness factor, right?

13. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
  14. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011

I'm digging the Manga look of the artwork and the faithful manga adaption. I had been hoping for a brand new anime story but I can certainly live with this. I'm not as much a purist for Sailor Moon manga as I am for Full Metal Alchemist but the Manga gets a bit deeper and darker, particularly if they make it to Stars. My biggest complaint would be the title. Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Crystal. That's 'Pretty Soldier' thank you!

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  15. ColemanKcajFTW

ColemanKcajFTW Jedi Master star 1

Jan 14, 2014
    Guess who just got the 1995 Special Edition VHS Tapes for the Original Trilogy? This guy!

Too bad my VHS doesn't work....now I'll never get to see Greedo shooting first, and horrible CGI Jabba.

16. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I still have mine that I got in 1995. I gave away my 1997 VHS SEs though.

My son, when he was 5 or 6, wanted to watch the original Star Wars (after I told him it was "different") so I got the 1995 VHS tapes out.

The poor kid put ANH in the VCR and said "How do you get to the menu?"

Millennials.

17. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Thank heavens for the nice little button called fast forward/super fast forward/whatever it is. Don't miss the rewinding thing though.

18. ColemanKcajFTW

ColemanKcajFTW Jedi Master star 1

Jan 14, 2014
    Oh wait, hang on. I forgot the SE was released in 1997. The box set says it was released in 1995. So, I guess I have the theatrical versions after all.
    Sweet.

19. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    Hey guys! Pretty new here, what am I supposed to do in this thread?

20. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Talk about whatever you want.

21. Darth Doop

Apr 24, 2014
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanything? [face_mischief]

22. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Without breaking the rules.

23. Darth Doop

Apr 24, 2014
    Don't worry. I was just kidding.

So what did everyone eat today? I had some turkey and a few slices of pizza + some other stuff.

24. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    [​IMG]

25. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.