main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Yes I did. And loved it.

credar, Revanfan1 and Trebor Sabreon like this.
  2. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    I'd really like to see a realistic Sabine.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  3. Darth Doop

Apr 24, 2014
    ....(Or more Sabine for that matter [face_tee_hee])

4. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I joke about Hasbro being the problem, but as I recall, they admitted that they actually wanted to deliver some SA realistic Rebels figures, but were, for whatever reason, denied by Disney/Lucasfilm.

Hasbro did hint that they could be on tap for "later." Maybe.

Doop likes this.
  5. Darth Doop

Apr 24, 2014
    I don't care if their realistic (except Sabine, who I want in RL and Animated) or animated. Just give us some tcw style articulation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Yeah, but at least the animated TCW figures could kind of believably stand with the other figures in a collection.

But these new Rebels figures? They've such an overly animated look about them, they stick out like a sore thumb and will almost certainly look out-of-place next to any other SW figures. In a vacuum, that's not really an issue, of course. I'd just like them to stand with the rest of my modest collection.

*But I absolutely agree about the articulation. Don't get me started. SA or go home!* :)

7. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    I don't mind the lack of SA. If I buy the figure, I buy it for display. Sure, a high-POA figure is easier to display in action poses, but I don't mind having them stand there.

8. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    I display them, too, but I like to do so (especially for figures like Jedi/soldiers) in different dynamic poses I just can't achieve with lesser articulation.

But that's cool. It's not as though I've never enjoyed 5 POA figures (my days of playing with those vintage Kenner figures from my youth can attest to that!). :)

Revanfan1 likes this.
  9. Darth Doop

Apr 24, 2014
    Yeah, it'll be terrible to have a collection of figures in a boring "awaiting orders solider" pose.

10. KINGKONG83

KINGKONG83 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 22, 2004
    Does the animation shown in the trailers strike anyone else as "raw"/very clean/smooth i.e lacking that degree of grit /"lived in universe" factor
    'I also got a somewhat disney-y vibe from it(zooming to Kanans seat to reveal hes gone,aforementionened clean animation,one caracther having an "aladdin" look") This could go either way I feel tho,I reserve judgement.

11. KINGKONG83

KINGKONG83 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 22, 2004
    OK is it me or does this look more Disney then Cars or Aladdin?

Also I have a concern with them going overboard with the silly disneyesque type humour(ala Shrek in space,"tangled" being the inspiration and all)
    also she does look a little like Kermit...ironically the fear they had for Yoda in "Empire strikes back"..well well this is the surface impression,could still be very cool when they finish the animation and TCW was pretty silly at times in the start.

12. Darth Kickass

Darth Kickass Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2013
    I had the thought before that Petro might be Kanan and was shot down by the eye color. Kanan's eyes are clearly green on the book cover and Petro's eyes are clearly green on his SW.com character encyclopedia entry...I'm just saying I wouldn't put it past the writers to bring this on...I'm also saying I wouldn't mind.

13. Darth Doop

Apr 24, 2014
    This guy? http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Petro_(Jedi_Initiate)

Maybe. That would be cool to see.

14. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Kanan's eyes are definitely blue, sorry. The book cover might not be perfect. Look at the length of the lightsaber blade (or lack thereof).

[​IMG]

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  15. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    If he's a grown Petro...

Ugh. Oh hell.

I'm not even going to go there right now.

16. Darth Kickass

Darth Kickass Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2013
    I'd seen promo pics of his eyes where they were both blue and green. The close up pics of the book cover have his eyes definitely "petro" green....

17. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Well, we'll see...I hope he's not Petro, personally.

18. SabineFett

SabineFett Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 17, 2014
    Can I ask where you've seen this close up pic of the book cover? I can only find tiny copies of it.

19. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
  20. KeithyT

KeithyT Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 17, 2014
    I've just seen the Disney XD commercial for the May 4th weekend on UK version of the XD channel (presume it's the same worldwide?), and no sign of anything Lego Star Wars or Rebels on there. Just SW themed "other" shows, and it was hard for this 43 year old to stomach even a trailer for those haha!

I hope they do show the Rebels snippets and that latest Lego Yoda animation at least

21. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I don't remember there being as many as five tie-in novels prior to the release of the film, but still, it feels like Rebels is getting more attention as a whole, especially as early as it did.

Dra--- likes this.
  22. KeithyT

KeithyT Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 17, 2014
    Ah! This is obviously "not the channel I was looking for..."

http://www.jedinews.co.uk/news/news.aspx?newsID=16516

23. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    It would be so lame if Kanan is Petrol all grown up with a name change. Come on, be an original character dammit, just some random young Jedi who happened to escape and has all that baggage in him so he is a messed up mentor to Ezra.

24. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    And if they have to do something so lame as "let's take a TCW character and give him a name change," they should at least use a likable character.

I could live with such a character arc for Gungi.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  25. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    Seeing that cover, it makes me wonder how old Kanan and Hera are. Are they going to be in their 30s in the show? If that is the case, I think my opinion on a romance would be changed. If they are adults and are being adults about the relationship I will be fine with it. Plus I might have sensed a bit of flirty in Hera's voice when Chopper enters in the clip and says whatever Kanan said.

Just no episodes where we hear about how Hera doesn't like sand with the line being poorly said while the entire episode is them snuggling up in the grass plains of Lothal

Revanfan1 likes this.