main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Official Sequel Trilogy / Legends / Expanded Universe discussion thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by YoureNotJonesy, Nov 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    i love the force unleashed games but i guess they're no longer canon.

will that lessen my enjoyment of them? absolutely not.

Jedi Merkurian and jaqen like this.
  2. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003

maul, savage oppress , asajj ventress?

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  3. Vastor

Vastor Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    T
    Thats super canon and takes place after S6 of the new clonewars.See George Lucas interview.

4. SnaggletoothPaste

SnaggletoothPaste Jedi Grand Master star 1

Aug 19, 2002
    All eye-rollers, but none of them make me laugh like "Durge"! ;)

Gallandro likes this.
  5. EternalHero

EternalHero Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2014
    Ha ha, I've always thought the same exact thing!!
    "He's big and hard to kill and he's called Durge."
    Uh, okay. What's his motivation?
    "He's big and hard to kill and he's called Durge!"
    What's his backstory?
    "He's big and hard to kill and he's called Durge!!"
    How is he interesting?
    "He's big and hard to kill and he's called Durge!!!"

6. KevinM1

KevinM1 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 15, 2012

Good.

Don't get me wrong, I like TFU on the whole (even though the second game was woefully unfinished), but I wasn't a fan of the way it made Starkiller this immensely important character in the flow of things. It's okay to not have things tie directly into the main narrative, and I think the story works so much better as being just a Vader side story instead of that and "Oh, yeah, he saved the brain trust of the Rebel Alliance by sacrificing himself, and his family crest is now the Rebel's symbol. And now we will never speak of this again." That's not how martyrs work, and it made for a really weird disconnect between the games and the movies.

I do hope that Sam Witwer gets more Star Wars work. The guy is a solid actor with a unique look and solid voice acting chops as well.

jediknightleia and Gallandro like this.
  7. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998

[​IMG]

CAN the X-MEN Stop the POWER OF DURGE!!! Ooops... Cable

Jesus the resemblance is almost... dare I say Uncanny???

Yancy

8. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Also try "astonishing".

Gallandro and SnaggletoothPaste like this.
  9. SnaggletoothPaste

Aug 19, 2002
    And after all that strap and pouch-fastening, he still had time to pop his collar! It's like he's screaming, "My gun shoots upwards at a 30 degree angle, and I've got 3 katanas but only 2 hands!" So, so extreme.

KevinM1, Gallandro and EternalHero like this.
  10. Gallandro

Jul 8, 1998
    God those were certainly dark days for the X-Men. it's like everything Liefeld puts his hands on turned to... well let's just say it's a four letter word that contains the word "hit" in it..

Yancy

11. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    I think its better that the show is non canon now

Dra--- and Gallandro like this.
  12. SnaggletoothPaste

Aug 19, 2002
    Don't worry, at least on the big screen, they're in the very able hands of Bryan Singer! [face_nail_biting]

13. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    If they only got over their Wolvermania. *sigh*

14. Darth Doop

Apr 24, 2014
    Durge would've died in a battle with Cable only to come back as Duurge, who is a genetic clone of the old Durge, who was actually a clone of the real Durge,

15. Gallandro

Jul 8, 1998

Edit: Inappropriate.

Sorry, clearing my throat there.

16. Darth Doop

Apr 24, 2014
    I actually forgot about that incident for awhile. Thanks.:p

We should really get back on topic.

17. Gallandro

Jul 8, 1998
    Yes, no doubt. Sorry for the brief derailment.

18. Darth Doop

Apr 24, 2014
    A Chorus Of Disapproval appears in 3.......2.....

19. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    It's been taken care of.

Dra--- likes this.
  20. Darth Doop

Apr 24, 2014
    =D==D==D==D=

21. vypernight

vypernight Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Just like Corruscant, I'm sure some tidbits here and there will show up in the ST. I still think Thrawn, or a character similar to Thrawn, will be the villain in Ep 7. He probably won't survive the movie, but being there will draw in both existing and possibly new fans.

22. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Now, a few requests:

- Everyone please play nice in here. This can all be discussed in a civil and friendly manner.
    - Some posters in here seem to be asking lots of questions or making inaccurate assumptions. Please re-read the announcement. The answers are there.
    - Please also make sure you're familiar with our updated canon policy (the thread is stickied at the top of the forum).

23. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Even if this new canon only lasts 15-20 years, I'll enjoy it much more than Legends since it will not only be a more coherent narrative, but organized more tightly around Lucas's vision of Star Wars than ever before. We could, in fact, consider this the golden era of canon -- the Disney-Lucas canon.

I would argue that the Disney-Lucas era will be the dominant canon for longer than 20 years even if it is rebooted at some point with all new TCW, OT, PT, and ST films/TV. Even if that reboot is well done, it will never have the authority of the Disney-Lucas era simply because it will be altering GL's foundational work (TCW, PT, OT).

So let's say the new canon 20 years from now is all purely Disney's vision. It might be great work, but the one thing it will be lacking is actual work from GL. As a fan of the Disney-Lucas canon, I can always enjoy that content and ignore Disney 2.0 canon or Legends. With 20 years of books and movies, I'll have a ton of content that I can always feel satisfied that my canon is the most authentic deal, the best canon that could be made.

Even if fans have multiple canons to choose from 100 years from now, the Disney-Lucas canon will always have a special status.

Of course, I'm just guessing that the next canon will reboot the GL films. It could be that new canons are formed around the OT or PT. But even then the Disney-Lucas canon might be superior.

So I'm not worried at all about new future canons. I might enjoy them all, or I might enjoy this era's the best.

Mystery Roach and Krueger like this.
  24. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I think the new canon will be alright. Basically, any new films and TV projects will always come first (as they should), but I think the new canon will be safe mainly because steps will be taken to make sure the new canon works around the films and TV shows, as appose to the other way around (which is what a lot of people wanted for the ST). I think that's the "Story Group's" job, to make sure the new canon from here on out adheres to the films and any television shows, so as to make sure we don't end up in this same situation twenty or thirty years down the line (although I doubt I'd care by then).

25. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    The idea seems to be supplementing and complementing the films and TV, rather than the other way around. Added depth and detail sounds great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.