main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit What things would you like to see in the EU that you would've liked to of seen more of in the LU?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Grievousdude, Apr 26, 2014.

1. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    I would like to see more books about Anakin and Obi Wan. We didn't actually get very much in the LU novels (I know there was plenty in the Jedi Quest series and the comics though) which I am surprised at. I love their master-apprentice/ good friends relationship and their amusing banter in combat. I would also like to see a novel with Ki Adi Mundi in a leading role. He is one of my favourite Jedi and he has been in TCW so he is officially canon.

2. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    I'd like to see Luceno novels that don't take place in the prequel era. I'd love to read Luceno's take on the OT and ST eras.

3. Odolwa

Odolwa Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 12, 2013
    Sith!

4. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Are you serious? "Same old Sith all over again" could have practically been the old EU's motto.

5. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    The Battle of Orinda? :p Well, we never actually saw that, but something like Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor book. More novels of that quality would be welcomed of course, but what I mean is large battle stories, and not just stories focusing on Jedi and Sith.

TCW, which unfortunately makes up the bulk of official canon at the moment (since there's only six movies compared to six seasons of TCW), had a few naval or ground battles in the first few seasons (the Malevolence arc, the Ryloth arc, the Geonosis arc) but later seasons focused more Ventress, Maul, the Nightsisters, that kind of thing.

The Warfare guide touched on a lot of those kinds of battles, but most of that is no longer in canon but one can hope they can base future post-RotJ timelines on Warfare's version of events. One of my favorite aspects of RotJ was how there was that fleet battle going on during the climax, it wasn't just all lightsaber dueling on the Death Star... too bad there hasn't been that much balance between "mundane" and Force matters since.

Vthuil and purplerain like this.
  6. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Anything other than Jedi or Sith.

Literally, anything.

The Accountants of Coruscant? I'm there.

7. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    More filling in of plot holes and less creating new ones. For example, instead of creating Vitiate, tell us how Ragnos was the reigning dark lord after Kressh died.

DurararaFTW likes this.
  8. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Never gonna get over the Vitiate thing, are ya?

9. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    Why would I get over Vitiate? Me getting over Vitiate would be like Luke suddenly thinking that Palpatine is a good person.

10. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    The novel Tyranus, written by James Luceno.

A Padme novel. Or perhaps that novel would probably be called Amidala. Also I'd like to see more of her family.

More Obi-Wan and Anakin.

More on Anakin's padawan years. During TPM and AOTC.

11. Ackbar's Fishsticks

Ackbar's Fishsticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 25, 2013
    More Jedi, yea.

More Sith, nay.

IMHO.

12. Odolwa

Odolwa Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 12, 2013
    QQ

13. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Multiverse crossover events. Disney Luke, old EU Luke, and old action figure Luke with a yellow lightsaber built into his arm could all team up.

14. DelRiego

DelRiego Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    more underworld and frontier-like stuff, adventures without force users.

15. TheJediBrah

TheJediBrah Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 6, 2013
    definitely

Please no.

16. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    The EU? You mean the thing we aren't going to get any more stories in? You may be thinking of the Post-Expanded Universe, or PE-U (the hyphen travels).

17. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    More non-Sith villains.

darklordoftech and mes520 like this.
  18. Qel

Qel Jedi Master star 2

Jan 8, 2007
    Novels written from an Imperial perspective but I guess that depends on how far towards cartoon villain Disney want to go with the Empire.

19. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    As above. Give us some proof the Empire has *people* in it, not shallow nothings that it's supposedly good and fine to cheer the deaths of when the 'Rebels' or Republic murder them. I'd like a Gilad novel, a Tyrannus novel, a Tarkin novel (yes, I *know* there is one and it'll be 'cannon' but I am wary it will be too TCWy and will likely discount it). Show there are other perspectives that matter *outside* the Jedi, Rebels, and Republic. Novels with character depth and growth, not simply shallow 'action'.

Abadacus, Shadow Trooper and mes520 like this.
  20. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011
    In general, less epic "This is the greatest war/confrontation in galactic history and nothing will ever be the same!!!!!!" stories, and more self contained, planetary events. Let's see more of Jedi just doing their jobs and keeping the peace in various places. Some corrupt governor who's been taking advantage of his citizens, a royal family with too much power, slavery, a dispute on some backwater planet between two different species, pirates raiding a system time and again, etc. That Zekk novel they cut after LOTF would've been the perfect thing. Jaden Korr's adventures in Crosscurrent and Riptide were both good as well. Writers need to get it through their heads that the entire galaxy doesn't always have to be on the brink of collapse, what's more, if the Jedi are always out taking care of incidents like that, who exactly is taking care of the little guys? Honestly, there are hundreds of thousands of planets out there, and each one has its own story that could receive some focus. Let's try to get some diversity as well, and focus on a few more female Jedi (Kerra Holt people....One of the single best things to happen to the EU in its final years.) and some Jedi that aren't human. Finally, let's also not place too much focus on the Jedi. For every story featuring a Jedi, I want one featuring a smuggler, or a soldier, or a bounty hunter, or a politician, etc. Let's try using our imaginations and making these others character shine, let's remember that one doesn't have to be a Jedi to be important in this galaxy.

21. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    The slave rebellions

22. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    Tales from stories that make sense. Instead of stories about IG-88 being the Death Star core and Momaw Nadon working for the Rebellion, how about stories about the Peculiar Hat Crew and IG-88 hunting bounties?

23. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What slave rebellions?

Why not?

mes520 likes this.
  24. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Stories explaining with this or that system is hostile towards Jedi in the prequel era. I want a Grievous backstory novel where the Kaleesh really are the victims in the war okay.

I wouldn't mind a Padme novel :p
    Is it because she's not an uber-powered Force user, huh?

25. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    How the planet (not the moon) Endor was destroyed.