main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I don't think they've ever mentioned it, but I'm sure Filoni, Weisman et al are taking at least some inspiration from Firefly, so I can see Kanan and Hera being kinda similar to Mal and Inara (minus their roles on the ship), especially if they go down the romantic path.

Dark Lord Tarkas and credar like this.
  2. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    I would hope not. Inara was really annoying.

Sir Chem likes this.
  3. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Like I said, they won't be carbon copies, but as far as friendly banter goes, I can see them having a similar dynamic.

Darth_Pevra and Dra--- like this.
  4. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    Choppers beeping and noise he makes sound like "What the ****" just listen to it.

5. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Has anybody seen this?
    [​IMG]
    I see Hera, Kanan, Ezra?, R2-D2?, Emperor Palpatine, Darth Vader, and Tarkin

Cevan and Revanfan1 like this.
  6. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    The guy next to R2 is Luke. These are simply all the protagonists of the new novels.

7. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    Petro not Petrol. Petrol is a fuel.

cwustudent likes this.
  8. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011

I'm doing that on purpose Bro. You should have been here when that arc aired.

That's not supposed to be Luke next to Kanan is it? Ezra doesn't seem that tall. It just looks like a cool image to me.

9. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  10. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    it is Luke. i think this is supposed to be a banner for A New Dawn, Heir to the Jedi, Lords of the Sith and Tarkin.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  11. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Great interview. I think some of my fears about Ezra have been assuaged but we'll see just what Dave means by him maturing as dynamically as Ahsoka. I hope it doesn't mean that after Season 2 everyone automatically looks to Ezra for ideas. However, I do have this pretty cool image of a Season 3-or-so Ezra, wearing an all-black version of his outfit, his hair cut short. It could be pretty cool.

credar likes this.
  12. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I concur but they got their scale of height wrong.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  13. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    My thoughts on the interview:

1. I stopped counting the Ahsoka mentions in the first paragraph after three.

2. Yes, Anakin did get great development in TCW.

3. I like the idea that this group of Rebels is one of the "pockets of resistance" that the Empire isn't worried about. I hope the Onderon reference doesn't play out too much though.

4. I also like the idea of Palpatine expanding Imperial rule to the Outer Rim where there had been no Republic rule, and that's where the rebellions come in, as opposed to Core worlds that had Republic rule and probably don't give a **** about Palpatine taking over as long as there is no war.

5. The level of "darkness" of the original movies is a good thing.

6. The way he addresses "Disney-fication" made me smile. Snow White scared the hell out of my sister when we were kids.

7. That was pretty much a non-answer about Kanan. A lot of people are "a different kind of mentor than Obi-Wan was." And the armor--over one shoulder speaks to a bygone era? OK.

8. So the Inquisitor is hunting down Force-sensitives. This could be a good thing if Ezra and Kanan have genuine reason to be afraid of him.

9. Pretty much a non-answer on Hera, Sabine and Zeb as well, although this back story on Zeb has potential.

10. "Dynamic" is not the word I would use for Ahsoka's "growth" and the comparison did not endear me to Ezra.

11. On that last paragraph, I give him credit for being willing to address fan skepticism to some extent, whereas I thought Lucas just complained about it.

I'm still cautiously optimistic about this show and overall that was a good interview.

Just don't promote Ezra too much, Dave.

14. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    I love that Ezra gets forced on Zeb and they have to share a bedroom. Hijinks will ensue I'm sure. Hope Zeb gives back as much as he gets!

15. Calintz_Neos

Calintz_Neos Jedi Knight

Jan 27, 2014
    Well Ezra is the main character, kinda hard to not promote him.

16. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    It is possible for a character to be a "main character" without other characters going on about how "ZOMG the galaxy as we know it would cease to exist and everything we know would be a complete disaster without this character!!!"

Character promotion involves sacrificing other characters' storylines as well as the overall plot for the sake of making that character be Teh Ultimate.

TX-20 likes this.
  17. Rebel Alliance Pigeon

Rebel Alliance Pigeon Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 1, 2014
    Wait, where's the picture?

18. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    It's especially obvious with Vader who is way too short.

19. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Tarkin's wrong as well.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  20. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    It's a promotional image for a Facebook page, I doubt height accuracy was one of their priorities. ;)

21. Rebel Alliance Pigeon

Mar 1, 2014
    where's the picture???

22. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
  23. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm on my iPhone and can see it just fine in the thread.

24. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    With how funky Xenforo software sometimes likes to act I expect any and every irregularity. ;)

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  25. Rebel Alliance Pigeon

Mar 1, 2014
    lol for some reason i cant see it...