main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Stuff you wish the EU had gotten to?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ackbar's Fishsticks, Apr 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ackbar's Fishsticks

Ackbar's Fishsticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 25, 2013
    As part of the general mourning for the EU, I thought I'd post this (and hope it doesn't trip one of those "no favorite threads" prohibition): what are some stories from the classic (okay... sigh... "LEGENDS!") expanded universe that you wish you could have read? They can be stories that had been announced by authors, or just things that were never explored and you wanted someone to get around to.

Mine;

More X-wing novels. Mercy Kill was the bright star of the post-NJO. Make an actual series out of that and I would've gotten a lot more interested in that era.

Hal Horn's story (yeah, I know, Corran Horn is disliked by many, but what the hey). Jedi heritage hiding in plain sight during the entire Imperial era (before there was a Rebellion to give anyone hope?) Policeman trying to enforce law and order under an evil government without becoming evil himself? That would've been a great little series. (It's a wish of mine, to my knowledge neither Stackpole nor anyone else suggested it).

The Empire of the Hand. Shown from at least three points of view - Thrawn, the Hand of Judgment, and eventually Baron Fel. For those who like "good Imperial" stories, this would be gold.

The early years of the Empire as it asserts its authority, moves into the Outer Rim, etc - with people like Pellaeon and Rogriss on the front lines. Show them fighting ex-Separatist warlords, pirates bands, and other kind of scum, bringing law and order instead. Don't sugarcoat the Empire's dark side, but do show us why people embraced it.

Stories from the early years of the Rebellion (pre-Yavin) focusing on Winter's work as a spy and Bria's work leading Red Hand Squadron. That, at least, I have a vague hope - or maybe just prayer - that it'll get worked into the Rebels era with respect for the original continuity, especially with Luceno and Miller at the helm.

2. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    As Nick's not got here yet....

Pellaeon vs Ackbar!

3. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I was hoping that a Clone Wars story (comic? Novel?) would have shown us the Bpfasshi Dark Jedi Insurrection, that The Essential Atlas confirmed occurred then.

4. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    More Pre-republic era stuff. I wanted to see a comic deal with the actual force wars, and end with the dark jedi getting exiled.

purplerain likes this.
  5. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011
  6. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Books on the Imperials, Empire, and Sith that showed there were more than a mere handful of individuals outside the 'cackling' villain camp.

Books without a heavy Jedi/Rebel/NR/GA slant. Stuff apart from that. It's getting old. There's other issues and beings in the Galaxy.

A proper concluding series set after NJO.

Zorrixor likes this.
  7. werpudel

werpudel Jedi Master star 2

Dec 4, 2008
    Closure

Son of a Bith likes this.
  8. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The gap between Crucible and Legacy, specifically SOTJ,
    History of the Yuuzhan Vong,
    History of the Republic from Creation to 5000 BBY,
    Every Sith from Bane to Palpatine.
    The Separatist Crisis before AOTC,
    A Tie Fighter series, Heck a starfighter pilot series set anywhere.
    The Dark Times.

Envoy of Solanus and Iron_lord like this.
  9. Ackbar's Fishsticks

Aug 25, 2013
    Sort of. I'm not asking about stuff we want transferred to the NEU, I'm asking about the Legends universe if it had been continued. The NEU seems irrelevant given that some of these wishes are highly dependent on preexisting EU material. (Hal Horn getting a book series in the NEU? I'll be shocked if the Horn family even exists at all, let alone in its present form).

10. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    -King Adas
    -Ajunta Pall

11. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    A final answer to whether Cad Bane does he contra... okay, okay, I won't go there.

Things that immediately spring to mind?

Many of the ones already mentioned, like the Empire of the Hand, the history of the Yuuzhan Vong and the original war on Yuuzhan'tar, a proper followup to the NJO and what happened to them and Zonama Sekot, a book about Vergere to finally address that problem, a Dooku novel (though that one I hope we still get from Luceno -- even if Plagueis is not canon, STAR WARS: DARTH TYRANNUS could ultimately bring a lot of Plagueis back into canon again, even if the original novel itself forever carried the Legends tag).

Clearly, there are also a lot of series I wish had been finished, mostly from the comic books, though their closure was probably never going to be done reboot or no reboot. Invasion, for a start, and the future story of Kerra Holt and how things got from the fractured New Sith Empire and private fiefdoms to Kaan's union into the Brotherhood of Darkness...

...speaking of which, Darth Ruin and the New Sith Empire itself. Ever since Abel very first hinted at Ruin, the character has intrigued me.

There is tons of Old Republic gaps that I wanted filled one day as well -- even if only in historic writeups in future guidebooks, e.g. the Hundred-Year Darkness has been alluded to many times, but I wanted to know much more. Book of Sith touched on it, but left it mostly open in case a story was ever told in the future... but now that is very unlikely, and so I wish we'd got the chance to find out more.

There's also KOTOR3, and a proper conclusion to what happened after KOTOR2... but I guess that was a goner back when TOR started. But I still always held out hope that maybe JJM would revisit the era in another KOTOR spin-off, now that Revan and Meetra had been canonised appearances, which had meant he could have now written a comic without needing to beat around the bush, and could have filled in so many of the loose ends and unanswered questions.

12. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011

Its not asking about anything getting transferred dude, which is itself another thread entirely. It's specifically what would you have liked to have seen in the LU? (Legends Universe/EU)

13. cronedoggy

cronedoggy Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 3, 2012
    I wanted sword of the jedi trilogy to be a sprawling epic wrapping up the EU. If the trilogy spanned until jaina is 90 we'd be at 99ABY, 30 years before legacy.

This could touch on:
    Allana solo growing up and being queen
    Ben's wife and kid, which would tie into kol's parent
    Founding of the imperial knights
    death of the big 3, peacefully of old age perhaps?

14. Trisdin Gheer

Trisdin Gheer Jedi Master star 2

Jun 18, 2013
    Not knowing Danni Quee's reaction to the events of DNT/LOTF is a pet peeve of mine.

15. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    What happened to the Widowmaker?

16. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    In general:

1. Birth of the Fel Empire and its Imperal Knights

2. The true story of Vergere

3. The heroes encountering Mngall-Mngall and the Sorcerers of Rhand in the Unknown Regions

Post-Legacy stuff:

4. The post-Legacy redemption of the Yuuzhan Vong, and the healing of all ruined worlds (not just the Ossus Project worlds, but also Dac and the others poisoned by Vul Isen)

5. Hogrum Chalk being exposed as a traitor

6. The fates of Nihl, Maladi, Eshkar Niin (and his backstory with the Empress)

7. The mystery of Konrad Rus

Story Ideas:

8. A plotline where there's a Force virus which makes strips all Force-sensitives of their sensitivity for months/years

9. A plotline where the Jedi are seen as the grayish antagonists to a non-Jedi main character

And I'd still like some short story like this to be published too:

17. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    The Jedi are grey antagonists to the Empire but I like what you're saying on that last one. =D=

18. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    I'd like to see what some of the Imperial propaganda of the Jedi and clone wars were like.

purplerain likes this.
  19. Ackbar's Fishsticks

Aug 25, 2013
    It's "what would you like to see IN THE EU [a.k.a. the new one] that you would've liked to see in the LU." That's why I didn't post my things in that thread, it didn't seem relevant since it's not something I figure would fit into the new EU.

20. Ackbar's Fishsticks

Aug 25, 2013
    I thought the Imperial museum in Wedge's Gamble was a great look into that. Not that I'm not eager for more.

21. Ackbar's Fishsticks

Aug 25, 2013
  22. Ackbar's Fishsticks

Aug 25, 2013
    (Or should that be "Forum Masters?")

23. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006

Battles of Anx Minor and Gravlex Med.

24. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    I always thought it would have made for sense to have kept Danni as a Jedi in DN, and then have her be the one Jacen killed in Betrayal, rather than some new character no reader had any knowledge of or connection with but just happened to be really close to Jacen.

25. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    More details on what happened between The Old Republic period and the Darth Bane trilogy. Also would have liked to hear more about the Bannite Sith.

Jobertus likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.