main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Mini Series The Inquisitors (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by nld3, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Just because it's happened before and likely will happen with SW does not mean a reboot is always a good thing. In most cases I'd say it isn't. Most of the time it merely seems an attempt to beat a dead horse for profit when sometimes you should just leave well enough alone.

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  2. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    I'm all for the "degeekization" of Star Wars. The fans have burdened and held back the franchise.

3. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    What's your opinion of the reboot of Star Trek? Was that good or bad in your opinion?

(Actually IMHO the ST reboot was something special, Abrams managed to pull off a reboot without it strictly being a reboot, in that it's still tenuously connected to the original and acknowledges that timeline, by way of time travel and the "creation of alternate realities when you change the past" theory. It doesn't actually preclude the possibility of future tv series or movies set in the prime timeline.)

Iron_lord likes this.
  4. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    Actually, further to the above, it's also not a total reboot due to the existence of the Enterprise prequel series. The reset point, where the timelines branched, is chronologically after the end of Enterprise and before the start of TOS. So the events of Enterprise are common to both timelines.

Gamiel likes this.
  5. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    It's a lot easier to accept because as you said it's not really a reboot.

Is that official Star Trek canon? What source declared this? I'd be really happy about that because Enterprise is probably my second favorite ST series.

6. Dameron

Dameron Jedi Master star 4

Apr 8, 2014

I'm sure that a lot of the stuff we are about to see in Rebels and Episode VII will have similarities to old EU stories. Star Wars is too well explored for it to be otherwise.

I just want to say (politely!) that I don't consider something "already there" because it happened in a comic book from 1986 or got printed on the packaging of some collector-catnip toy. The movies have smashed a lot of canon over the years, and I don't expect that vintage EU Force-trained inquisitors are going to stop the Rebels crew from doing their own thing. So yeah, I'm going to go on discussing it as if this is the first time it's happening. And I'm sure there will be other things introduced soon that bear a resemblance to some very old stories, and I'm also going to treat those like brand-new revelations. I enjoyed some EU books, but for good or bad, right now they're in the landfill and they're just waiting for the trash masher to roll on over.

7. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    Rebels hasn't even started, and yet we already know that inquisitors, Sienar Fleet Systems and COMPNOR are all in it. And all of those come from the EU.

IMHO and especially with GL gone, Rebels may have more EU in it than any onscreen SW to date has ever had.

Trebor Sabreon and DanielUK like this.
  8. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    You mean my masterpiece, the Canon Steamroller:

[​IMG]

QuangoFett and rdhight like this.
  9. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I was actually thinking of Jerec

10. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Dave Filoni always tried to accommodate some aspects of the EU into Star Wars.

11. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    I wonder if any of the inquisitors survived past ROTJ. It could give us some insight into the ST, whether it be what the villain is or the state of the Empire.

Dra--- likes this.
  12. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    This is one of the speculations for a potential villain for EPVII

Dra--- likes this.
  13. CommanderColt

CommanderColt Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 2, 2013
    I think Sienar was mentioned in a TCW episode in the Onderon arc when Hondo brought the shoulder fired rocket launchers to the rebels there. Something like "the latest from Sienar" or something like that.

Anyway, agree with the point, there were plenty of nods to the EU in TCW. They took concepts, places and organizations but never named characters. Expect that to continue.

As far as whether the Rebels Inquisitor is "the" Inquisitor (likely) or just "an" Inquisitor, I think we'll have to watch the show to find out.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  14. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Whether or not the Inquistorius division will be mentioned remains to be seen, but I'm sure the Inquisitor will be quite different from EU counterparts.

15. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    I'd like it if The Inquisitor is the only inquisitor. It makes him more imposing.

16. Dameron

Dameron Jedi Master star 4

Apr 8, 2014

Oh come on. Once you make him the only Inquisitor... a year or two later? Out comes Vader's double-secret inquisitor, so secret even the main inquisitor didn't know about him!

Just admit there are going to be more and save future writers the trouble. This kind of thinking is why we're stuck with an Inquisitor in the first place and not a Sith.

purplerain likes this.
  17. KINGKONG83

KINGKONG83 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 22, 2004
    The showrunner(/Dave Filoni) did say that the cast of this show is too insignificant to warrant Vaders attention,hence the empire/Vader send an errand boy whose job it is to look into these matters.

18. KINGKONG83

Nov 22, 2004
    One of the truly great things about this whole deal is that silly things like that mass effect 3 crossover fan fiction will remain..just that...:)
    I just hated that part of the EU so much I cant bring me to say its name..:p..

19. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    May I ask why you hate it?

20. KINGKONG83

Nov 22, 2004
    Its strange,its the one part of the whole EU thing I really ever had a real problem with,its like for me theres a line where Star wars crosses over into generic sci fi and that storyline passes well beyond that line..I dont really know how to put it in other words on the spot.

21. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    Is it possible that the Inquisitor is a product of Palpatine's Force-sensitive kidnapping plot?

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  22. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The possibility has been raised. Maybe Mustafar wasn't the only base - and Bane wasn't the only kidnapper.

Dark Lord Tarkas and purplerain like this.
  23. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    Or maybe Vader retrieved the holocron when he marched on the Jedi Temple.

24. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    That also works.

The Inquisitor would be rather young in Rebels if he was on the holocron (but not yet taken to the Temple) as of RoTS.

Maybe he's the Ahsoka of the villains?

purplerain likes this.
  25. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    So, yeah, about this thread, the Inquisitor, was it? Here's actual info on his personality:

"N: One of the forces they’re going up against is the Inquisitor. Tell me more about him and creating a villain in this universe. It’s got to be a challenge.
    DF: It’s always hard. It’s not just about giving someone a red lightsaber. You have to have such a good reason for doing it. And you have to figure out what makes them tick. To me, the Inquisitor, where he’s different is -maybe this is a big spoiler, you get two good ones today – he’s the kind of guy that can just look at you and from the way you stand, from the way you talk, he can tell where you’re from and what your tendencies are. He kind of analyzes you, takes things in, and knows how to defeat you.
    N: So he’s rocking a little Sherlock.
    DF: A lot like that. In swordplay, depending on how you counter him, he’ll know where you studied. He understands things. I find that Maul was a very physical villain. He would cut you down out of sheer ferocity. Vader is a villain who’s unique because he’s almost like this indifferent pillar of anger and fear and hate, and the only thing that breaks that is Luke, through love. He’s completely unique in that way. The Inquisitor is more in the intellectual realm. He’s a combatant, yes, but he’s actually somewhat elegant and he likes to dissect you down almost like a game because he’s learning. To him knowledge is power. The more he learns about you, the more he learns about how to defeat you and your friends. And that makes him a particularly nasty kind of spider to trap."

podjazd, Cevan, Darth_Pevra and 6 others like this.