main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Casting Rumors 2.0 - Nothing but casting rumors... or else.

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by mavjade , Mar 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lurknomore

Lurknomore Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2014

One of these rumors is wrong. I guess we'll see which one.

2. Lurknomore

Mar 18, 2014

I feel like a DC fan coming to terms with Batfleck. =((

3. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    As per the rule of thumb - does anyone think Han is going to be the lead of episode VII?

4. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008

I really hope not. I'm going to hope that his role is "gigantic" in the sense that he's pivotal to the plot, but not in the sense that he's the main focus of the film.

Dewback likes this.
  5. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
  6. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    Of course that's not going to happen. He may have a key/ important role, Han is not going to be the lead.

Dewback and Lurknomore like this.
  7. DarthWilliams

May 29, 2008

If I take anything from that story, it's that Efron is not in the film. He wouldn't at this point be saying that "there are irons in the fire" or that he doesn't "like to talk about anything too early, because it takes awhile to get these things done right." If there's a table read today, casting is nailed down, and he'd know whether or not he's in.

8. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    I've never seen this Zac Efron in anything and judging from his IMDB filmography I can see why. On the other hand, he would not be the first actor to begin as a "pretty boy teenage wet dream" in crappy musicals only to turn out to be a good actor when given proper roles. Wait and see, I guess.

Krueger and StoneRiver like this.
  9. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    I hope you're right. I think it at least means he won't have any role of significance, if any at all.

EDIT: nothing against him but he's too overexposed & too much of a "celebrity" for SW IMO.

Dewback and Lurknomore like this.
  10. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    I think its safe to say Han had a pretty gigantic role in ESB, which is easily the best Han movie of the OT. That being said, Luke was still the central character of ESB and his story about training to become a jedi and his struggle against the darkside was still front and center. Lets hope the same holds true for Episode VII.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Trebor Sabreon and Satipo like this.
  11. DarthWilliams

May 29, 2008

You're right, I just find myself wondering how they can fit in a gigantic role for Han while having Luke be the focus but also fit in this "trio of new leads." Could potentially be a mess.

Luukeskywalker likes this.
  12. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    A "gigantic role" does not necessarily equal screen time. It may refer to something he does that drastically alters the course of the story in some way.

T-R-, Dewback, Juke Skywalker and 4 others like this.
  13. Luukeskywalker

Jun 23, 1999
    Just read that JJ hosted a dinner last night for the cast ahead of today's table read. Also word is that Andy Serkis is also apart of the cast, which would be exciting if true.

14. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    I agree.

And I bet he won't even get top billing above Mark either. It will be the traditional 'Mark Hamill - Harrison Ford - Carrie Fisher...."

T-R- likes this.
  15. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    Carrie looking good!

T-R- likes this.
  16. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Where did you hear that?

17. Luukeskywalker

Jun 23, 1999
    http://www.starwars7news.com/2014/04/rumor-adam-driver-and-andy-serkis.html?m=1

I know its starwars7news.com, but it really isnt from them. They are just linking the article from list.co.uk. From what they said, that isn't the most trustworthy of sites, but they quoted a source on it and all...

18. robo_obi

robo_obi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 15, 2002
    I wouldn't be surprised if they had Andy for some mocap work, or who knows he could even actually be on camera...I like the move either way

Lurknomore likes this.
  19. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    Has anybody considered that they could be doing preliminary casting for the first spin-off, and that some of these actors like Zac Efron could be up for that?

Satipo likes this.
  20. Lurknomore

Mar 18, 2014
    Does Richardson-Sellers still have a Twitter account? Any hints there?

21. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    So we've now completed the tribeca of Big3 spottings in London. The circle is now complete!

22. DarthWilliams

May 29, 2008

Possible, but I get the sense that these interviewers are asking specifically about Episode VII since that's coming down the pipe first, so that's what he's responding to.

23. Luukeskywalker

Jun 23, 1999
    Yes she does. It is private. I actually was one of the lucky few who was following her before she made it private, and I am still listed as a follower of hers. She only has like 30 followers because its private. She hasn't tweeted in about 10 days.

Lurknomore likes this.
  24. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    Usually the interviewers just say Star Wars. They probably assume that Episode VII is the obvious implication, but if an actor was in talks for the spin-off (or a later episode for that matter) it's not like they would be inclined to volunteer that information. That would explain how someone like him could still have "irons in the fire" while so close to PP on Episode VII.

RobShanti likes this.
  25. EffieGray

EffieGray Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 25, 2013

That's too big an assumption! I don't think Harrison Ford's going to be the single, one and only, "LEAD" , but I do think it's likely he's going to be a co-lead in the first film only.

And I think the "gigantic" rumour (still rumour as well), only refers to the role just being bigger than still presumed by many in spite of the info that JJ's script was focussing more on the original 3 to start with. And the further detail that the new story is picking up the threads from the end of ROTJ, and starting 30 years before the main timeline, obviously supports that too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.