main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    That's hilarious

[face_rofl]

Revanfan1 likes this.
  2. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    I saw a better one where the caption said "Kids these days be like, this car has a cell phone holder!" But I couldn't find it. :p

3. Darth Doop

Apr 24, 2014
    Are you the same Revanfan1 from Rebelscum forums? Because if you are, guess who I am.......

Revanfan1 likes this.
  4. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    I am and I'm pretty sure I can guess. [face_laugh]

5. Darth Doop

Apr 24, 2014
    If you guessed doop I think you're right!

I think....

Revanfan1 likes this.
  6. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011

Damn this hits close to home. xD

7. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I just spent a good part of the morning dancing Gangnam Style and the Biker Shuffle with kindergartners.

My day was better than yours. :D

8. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm off work today so can't complain about my day. =b

9. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    You're right, because all I got to do was have my dad take graduation pictures of me and then went toad hunting (there's a huge toad festival here in town) and caught nothing. Yes, that sounds better than my day. :p

10. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010

Undoubtedly, considering I listened to people complain about their software most of the day. :)

But reading your post made me think of this, so I just have to share...

11. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Bummer Bob Hoskins died. =(

RIP Eddie Valiant.

12. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    "Get this straight, Meatball. I...don't...work...for...toons."

:( @};-

RIP. Parkinson's is a really ****ty disease.

13. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Yeah, he was great fun in a bunch of classic films. Didn't know he had Parkinson's. :(

14. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    On a related note regarding song parodies, I just found this hilarious spoof of a rather familiar recent song. NOTE: I won't embed the video directly because it's NSFW for language.

For those who don't want to listen/watch on the link, here's a part of the chorus, which should help you identify the song (bloody starring out every letter rule...):

**** it all, **** it all
    Don't give a **** anymore
    **** it all, **** it all
    Flip that table, screw you all
    I don't take this bull**** anymore
    I don't give a ****!
    My grades never bothered me anyway.

My day wasn't so great, but this song really amused me, lifting my spirits. :p

15. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Today was the first day of operation for SunRail or the Orlando commuter rail. Trains were packed although it seemed like there were just alot of people out enjoying the novelty taking their kids on the train. Here's a crappy video I took and bonus an Amtrak train which I found more exciting. Forgot to turn my phone sideways...

16. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    That's what happened the first day light rail opened in Charlotte. People drove to the I-485/South Blvd station just to take the train uptown, often with their kids.

Of course the trains are still pretty well jam-packed, likely because the odds of finding a parking space in uptown Charlotte are about as good as navigating the Falcon through an asteroid field, only more expensive. Especially for a Panthers or Bobcats game, and now the Knights are playing uptown too.

Last time I took Amtrak was when my oldest was a baby; I was going to visit my parents, and Hurricane Katrina had just hit so we had a gas shortage (our pipelines come from that area). It was a good experience; Amtrak is easier than a car with a three-month-old anyway.

17. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    The trains were absolutely packed. I'm not convinced. The big problem with Sunrail is it doesn't go enough places people want to go as I see it. It can get someone to Florida Hospital or downtown but that's about it. You can't get to the attractions, or to the airport, or to University of Central Florida without transferring to a but. It also doesn't run weekends of after 9pm so you still need your designated driver. I was going to take one for the fun of it North of Orlando to meet the Amtrak Autotrain which is one of my favorites but there was just no getting on that train.

18. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Yeah, the LYNX runs until 1:30 a.m. Unfortunately funding delayed construction on the Northeast corridor (to UNCC) but construction finally started on it so we'll have it in a couple of years.

19. Darth Doop

Apr 24, 2014
    Toad hunting?

:confused:wat

Revanfan1 likes this.
  20. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    Apparently my dentist hasn't seen blood pressure so high in someone my age. It was so high that I'm dangerously close to a stroke.

I'm good since I got my prescription today, but it's frustrating how many issues I've been having. Kidney failure, vision issues, and now this.

Maybe that means I should quit drinking, but I'm too weak for that.

21. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Damn, that sucks. Glad they caught it before it got worse. I've been on blood pressure meds for three years myself.

And kidney failure?? Reversible I hope?

22. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    Yeah, I had an operation on my kidney a few years back. Due to a birth defect I've a conjoined kidney, but I've only started to have issues when I hit my 20s.

23. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    It's a local thing. I live in Arkansas. [face_laugh]

*Braces for hillbilly jokes*

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  24. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    So, a new addition to the desk in my girlcave. My mate and I went out this morning for breakfast and Free Comic Book Day at the local comic book shop. While we were out, we dropped by Toys 'R Us, just because. I saw it on sale, and here it is! it's just the cutest X-Wing fighter ever, and I think it fits the space quite nicely. I haven't bought LEGO in a long time. It was so much fun putting together!

[​IMG]

25. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Aww... I want one of those.

Senator Kelberry likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.