main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW So this happened

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Ki-Bara-Mundi, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    I haven't been into much SW stuff since not long after ROTS, but I have a ten and a seven year old so I'm keen to relive it all again and watch the clone wars with them.

Might even try to get back into the EU novels

2. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    It kind hasn't stopped for me, always evolving. I think it be great for you to experience it through their eyes and see it all from another perspective.

I've just wrapped up a marathon of The Clone Wars and that was so good to do. I'm curious to know what you think of the series as you progress through it.

if you haven't got time for books, some of the audiobooks are great like Scoundrels and Kenobi to listen to on the iPod or something.

3. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    My books have been collecting dust, I think I owe it to them to read them again. Will also give me an excuse to buy all the ones I'm missing since I stopped reading

4. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I know what you mean, I've been meaning to give the X-Wing series and a few others another read. Have you been seeing the reference books that they have been releasing like The Jedi Path | The Book of Sith and the Making of Star Wars books? Those are worth checking out too if you get a chance. I did enjoy the Essential Guide to Warfare.

5. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    I was given the guide to warfare as a gift last year and bought the Jedi path, book of sith and a bounty hunter/Boba Fett one for my son for Christmas. I'm not sure who was more excited when he opened them.

6. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    [​IMG]
    April 29th, Pinewood Studios, UK - Writer/Director/Producer J.J Abrams (top center right) at the cast read-through of Star Wars Episode VII at Pinewood Studios with (clockwise from right) Harrison Ford, Daisy Ridley, Carrie Fisher, Peter Mayhew, Producer Bryan Burk, Lucasfilm President and Producer Kathleen Kennedy, Domhnall Gleeson, Anthony Daniels, Mark Hamill, Andy Serkis, Oscar Isaac, John Boyega, Adam Driver and Writer Lawrence Kasdan. Copyright and Photo Credit: David James.

Anyone else think it's funny that they brought Chewie in for a table read?

Corellian_Outrider likes this.
  7. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    What a photo...

They need him to make sure his lines makes sense and true to character :p

I see Artoo but what about Kenny Baker? Maybe he is inside already. Wonder if Billy Dee Williams be returning.

Looking forward to seeing what role 'Captain Haddock' would play.

8. I_am_Kooky

I_am_Kooky Sth Aust. Chapter Representative star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Still only one girl? . . . (and Leia)

The Clone Wars was Awesome, I thought it wasn't gonna be, but by the last season it made cry more often then I care to admit! it was well done. . .oh and QUI-GON!! YEAH!!! . . .
    I have the Jedi Path, that tool is awesome as well as the Jedi apprentice series. Was looking at getting the Darth Books. (Darth Bane/Sidius/Reven etc)

9. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002

There will be more casting announcements over the next few weeks. There definitely should be more female roles and here's hoping a surprise announcement for Billy Dee. I am curious about Andy Serkis as he has been famous for doing Gollum/Smeagol, King Kong, Captain Haddock, Caesar.. these motion capture performance characters but he has also acted as himself. Wonder if he would have more than one role in the film.

I agree with you about TCW. I wish it was still continuing!!

Jedi Path is great. I also have the Book of Sith (haven't read it yet) and The Bounty Hunter Code arrived in the mail today. Brilliant the way they do the presentation. Not sure how the Darth Bane books are but Darth Plagueis was quite good to read and Revan wasn't bad either. I've been listening to a lot of audiobooks lately and they are great! Got Razor's Edge to start listening to.

I_am_Kooky likes this.
  10. I_am_Kooky

Jun 28, 2004
    The Darth Bane was a really good book, couldn't put it down. . .which is weird for me. . . I hate reading. . .these audiobooks. . they sound like a good idea . . .(pun may or may not have been intended)

TCW - Like. . .its was SOO close so many times, the war could have gone the other way. . .its just painful. . .you realllllly believed the good guys could win, then by the last ep you remembered that they cant. . .its just so sad and distressing, but ins a deeply satisfying way.
    oh and QUI-GON!! !YEAHHHHH!!! IN YOUR FACE PEOPLE!!!

11. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Scoundrels and Kenobi in audiobook form are brilliant and worth checking out. The William Shakespeare's Star Wars: Verily A New Hope was a lot of fun in audio book form too. I get them off iTunes.

YES! Qui-Gon and Yoda… that story arc was unbelievable. It was sad about Ahsoka but it made sense and the way they did it takes things in a whole new direction. You can tell it had affected Anakin afterwards.

I_am_Kooky likes this.
  12. I_am_Kooky

Jun 28, 2004
    Ahsoka,
    how terribly sad! like. . .I was hoping for cameo or something later, we never found out what happened after. . .like did she survive the jedi purge or something? It shouldn't have gone down that way :(

ARH!! Like the Qui-gon/Yoda thing was just soooooo epic!!! like almost totally unbelievable, but like how else. . .and doesn't that then contradict the Ep 3 novel? but then ago, Qui-gon is the best and its been proven IN YOUR FACE!!! Oh I miss him. . .

Are you going to the movies marathon in Costume? or at all? I was thinking my Jedi, mostly because its comfortable to sit in for 6 hours.

13. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I might put spoiler tags for Ahsoka, just in case for those that are not up to there...

The way it ended was a good ending, even though it was a tear jerker. I always wanted her to live and to survive and the way they did it gives that hope that she makes a life for herself outside of the order and a chance she had escaped that purge. She is safe now and survived. She became so popular and an idol that it would scar a lot of children for life if she did get killed, like taking Mufasa's dead in The Lion King and times it by twenty. I know some people say she should have died, but I tell them she already had died on Mortis and Anakin/The Daughter brought her back.

If I have to guess where she goes afterwards… the first place would probably to find a place to collect her thoughts over a hot cocoa or some comfort food like ice cream/cake or something savoury. There was some concept art released that showed Ahsoka working with Bo Katan and talking to the Jedi Council. Would have loved to see more

With Qui-Gon/Yoda…. it contradicts the ROTS novel but the one in TCW is the definitive canon version of how that came to be. The series had always been G-Canon given how heavily involved with every step of it he had been. Wish they had time to complete it and end how they originally had planned.

I am going to both marathons but I wish I was going in costume. I don't own any. If I had a choice then Jedi would be comfortable. I could also go dressed as the Oceania RSA :p But there isn't a set costume for that, as far as I know… at least... I wasn't told there was a costume/uniform.

14. I_am_Kooky

Jun 28, 2004
    I agree so much with this!

Lol! I MUST see a Picture of that! . . .I wonder what it would even look like?
    THIS is the latest fashion on one of my SW groups, if it helps. or you know this
    [​IMG]

15. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I'll have to ask Addie about the uniform. Maybe it is like... Batman…!

Your group's fashion sense is awesome! That would make a great alternative! I might have something along those lines that I could wear that is just as awesome, will hunt for it in the morning.

Weird Al's could work but need time to organise it. Time goes too fast. Supanova is happening in June here in Sydney so maybe… though Comic Con in September probably be more likely as less worry of deadlines.

I_am_Kooky likes this.
  16. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Apparently there isn't a set RSA uniform… from what I have been told. So I ended up wearing this for one of the days. Still just as special. :D

As principle photography will be happening soon and news that they have plans for 3 secondary films… think we should keep this thread spoiler or spoiler free?

I_am_Kooky likes this.
  17. I_am_Kooky

Jun 28, 2004
    Well I took this too the movies as well, made for a good pillow. :)

I think it should be Spoiler Free around here. I went all spoilers for Ep 3 and found that it was not suitable for me, mostly because I found 93% of all the spoilers where wrong. So I am all for people who want spoilers, but as default it should be Spoiler Free.

18. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    That is awesome, I should have done something similar. I wish I had one of these
    I agree with you, Spoiler Free it is and we have the spoiler tags to sort that out too.

For now, I am not going to go out of my way looking for spoilers. If there is any major news, I just follow the official announcements and whatever Rebel Force Radio talks about. Redirected my excitement to the upcoming Jurassic Park-Jurassic World film so that there is no extreme expectations/ burn out/over saturation/etc for when the new Star Wars film does eventually come out in a year and a half time. Wow.. not long. Wonder if they are able to get it all done in time.

I_am_Kooky likes this.
  19. I_am_Kooky

Jun 28, 2004
    I think that it will be delayed so it comes out in May . . .in keeping with tradition (delays and the May releases :p )

20. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    May is traditional though TCW broke that when that film came out in August here. I really hope we get it along the same time as everyone else… no fair if they all get it on the 18th December and we have to wait till Boxing Day on our end. If there is a delay for the May after… anything is possible so far and I'm for that too.

Jurassic World was delayed too. Was meant to come out this June but be coming out next June. The delay was to polish off the script and to make sure it is done properly.

21. I_am_Kooky

Jun 28, 2004
    Awww *hugs* Well just think how much you can totally geek out next year!

I think that will happen for SW . . .they would not want to screw it up, . . .although review are already "Its not as good as the OT but better then the PT". . .and thats hurts! It just shouldn't be that way!!

22. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    *Hugs* Next year is going to be overwhelming with all these big films coming out. Jurassic World, Star Wars, Avengers, Assassin's Creed, etc...

They do have the right people working on the project. Kathleen Kennedy producing, J.J. was strongly recommended by Spielberg, Kasdan had a hand in the screenplay for Raiders and Empire. I agree that they do not want to screw it up.

I still don't get the hatred that some people have for the PT. They are an important part to the fabric of the overall saga.

23. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    At last, there is some information for the first of the secondary… or stand-alone films.

Release date is 16th December 2016 and written by Gary Whitta and will be helmed by the director of Godzilla, Gareth Edwards.

Speculation suspect that it will be a Boba Fett orientated film but we'll find out in due time.

24. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    More news, a little late posting here...

Josh Trank to direct a stand-alone Star Wars film. He is currently working on The Fantastic Four.

25. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Seems like production has wrapped on Ep VII and soon the first spin off film will be heading into production.

Not to mention John Williams is creating new music for the trailer and soon be scoring for the production.