main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Agents of SHIELD Discussion Thread (and Slingshot)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Sep 21, 2013.

1. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    We may see SWORD after GOTG heads in, but realistically I think people need to think of SHIELD like Paul Walker.

Too soon?

2. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Tony Stark restart SHIELD privately. I certainly would be surprised if it wasn't back by Avengers 3.

pronker likes this.
  3. SithSense

SithSense Force Ghost star 4

Sep 29, 2002

Popping up in unnecessary remakes and sequels? :p

4. SithSense

SithSense Force Ghost star 4

Sep 29, 2002

Well, when talking to Pepper in that clip, Hill did make a callback to Iron Man 2 with the "Privatizing world security" line...

5. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    The government already lets him do whatever he wants as Iron Man. Doubt they'd do much if he created his own private army and spy organization.

6. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Finally. After almost an entire season I can finally say I watched an episode that I thought was truly good. Not above average, not just decent, but good.

7. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    I thought it was pretty weak.

jk

That stinger. Man, Nick Fury is even worse of a @#$% that we thought, huh?

8. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Well that reveal about Project Tahitit had the twist I've been expecting all along.

I guess Tony Stark is so powerful his employees can beat up special forces soldiers and assist fugitives in their endeavors. Then again he probably has the president on speed dial.

Loved Skye calling Ward a Nazi, lol. And like I thought it seems most current Hydra guys are all 'we aren't nazis!'

Coulon realizing Deathlok was the on plane was priceless, poor Lola though...

Also I was 99% sure May was digging up Fury's grave just to put her 'I'll believe it when i see it' to the test.

9. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    And next week: Ward's origin.

10. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    "If i come out, will you shoot me? Cause then I won't come out." [face_laugh]

11. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Phil Coulson is my favorite super hero.

s65horsey and GenAntilles like this.
  12. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    Best episode yet! 9.5 out of 10. Felt like one of the movies.

Also...

Coulson behind TAHITI!!! :eek:

13. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    "Who or what is a 'Man-Thing'?"

Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
  14. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    I honestly would love a Marvel One shot of Hill, Carter, etc... briefing politicians on the Marvel Universe. I mean when real life hearings show their complete ignorance and incompetence on subjects their on committees for one in the MCU would be comedy gold.

15. Moviefan2k4

Moviefan2k4 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2009
    Fury's definitely an extremist in several ways, but so far, he hasn't done anything for arbitrary reasons. His current status is only known by Coulson and Hill, to protect those still loyal to SHIELD while Fury investigates the full extent of HYDRA's corruption.

16. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
  17. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    PS - the Lola sequence was possibly the worst green screen they have ever used on the show, which makes it pretty bad! lol

(the rest of the ep was pretty awesome though)

"... huh."

s65horsey and JoinTheSchwarz like this.
  18. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Agreed. I felt like I was watching a 1980's music video as Lola was falling.

19. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah that wasn't their best FX work- though the before and after the freefall wasn't bad.

20. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    The end with Coulson paying for parking was pretty good though. Also somewhat sad as it looks like that might be the last time Lola flies for quite a while. And given how things are going, I won't be surprised if the bus is destroyed before the season's end. Even if it does survive, it'll cost too much to repair and maintain unless Fury is just going to privately fund it or something.

I still think there's a Secret Warriors angle that we're going to get next season. Fury's one good eye and his team of now vetted and trustworthy agents covertly taking down the threats Garrett and HYDRA have unleashed. No official sanction. No government support. Operating in the shadows. Basically what SHIELD was trying to do in the first half of the season but really didn't do as successfully.

pronker likes this.
  21. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

Well, the government isn't letting him get away with it. If they had their way, all of them would be locked away. It just hasn't gotten to the point where registration is required like in "Civil War". Which could be Phase IV.

22. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Except,

The Chair of that committee turned out to be HYDRA

And the President owes his life to Tony and Rhodey so...

Yeah. I could see him doing what he wants or even being appointed by the President.

23. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    I'm still super happy that the minute the show stopped sucking, Ward was like "I think I'll grow my facial hair out".

THE WRITERS KNEW.

24. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    God damn but Nick better show up and be all "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. I HAVE HAD IT..."

dp4m likes this.
  25. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

The President only has so much power. Congress itself probably isn't 100% happy with the Avengers regardless of HYDRA's actions. Stark protecting Maria probably doesn't help matters either. That's why I said that Phase IV could adapt "Civil War".