main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Cue The "Super Friends" Theme! - DC "CW-verse" Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarkEagle, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Well, Ollie's relationship with Slade is basically Nightwing vs. Deathstroke from the Teen Titans. Deathstroke's really had a bigger profile in the past few years, which is odd, because he's not really big bad material - he works well pitted against the Titans, and he's great as a hired gun (which is his entire shtick - he's a mercenary and a very good one), but as a master villain? It's odd. It works well in Arrow because again, they're cribbing from the Deathstroke/Nightwing archnemesis thing, and that's a rivalry that's become so intensely personal to those characters.

2. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Yeah, Deathstroke's stock has risen probably ever since the cartoon Teen Titans. He's a main character in the new DC Animated Batman movie as well.

3. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    I'll definitely have to watch that! I guess he's not specifically a Teen Titans villain any more, since he's been one of the main villains in Arrow and Arkham Origins. I'm really glad that they're starting to use him a lot more, and I hope they continue to do that.

4. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Finale News:

Those of us who were speculating that the League would be fighting Slade's army are indeed correct.

Per io9, Nyssa returns with the League to aid Sarah, Oliver, and Roy against Slade and the Mirakuru army. Here's a shot of Nyssa from the finale:

[​IMG]

Please, please, please let Ra's Al Ghul show up. How awesome would that be.

Penguinator likes this.
  5. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    I read the first sentence of that and am really excited. I seem to have gotten a spoiler for nearly every episode so far, so I'm gonna try and avoid Stephen Amell's Facebook page and anything else Arrow related as much as possible. Bring on the final episodes!

6. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    If Ra's shows up, they really need to stop with the "Raysh" pronunciation. Other than that **** YEAH muh league of assassins

Lord Vivec likes this.
  7. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    I thought they still had pronounced it "Rahz"? Moira definitely did when she spoke to Merlyn.

8. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Yeah since Denny O'Neil confirmed it was Raysh on the Fatman on Batman podcast, I'm going with that.

9. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Denny O'Neil intended it that way, but it doesn't mean it's the proper pronunciation :p

Lord Vivec likes this.
  10. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    Christian Bale says "Rahz." Therefore I default to "Rahz."

11. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001

I believe though that they had it confirmed to them.

But if Denny more or less created Ra's (they didn't come up with the name) and intended it to sound that way, I'd go with hiim?

12. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    I say it differently all the time because it's said differently everywhere. I prefer Raas, but think that Raish is the correct way. Either way, it's still a fun name to say.

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  13. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Clip from tonight's episode:

Laurel confirms that Blood and Slade are working together, essentially.

14. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    It seems to be a case of whether you believe that Denny O'Neil gets to determine the pronunciation. Most of the stuff I've seen around (and fits with most of what I've heard of Arabic) is that is is closer to "raas" rather than "raish". Supposedly the translation of '"raish" al Ghul' would be 'feather of the demon' rather than 'head of the demon' or "Demon's Head" which is what it is supposed to be.

15. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002

Which is funny because Liam Neeson pronounced it as "Raysh". And he literally did it right before Bale says "Rahz"

"But is Raysh Al Ghul immortal, or are his methods supernatural?"

"Or cheap parlor tricks to hide your true identity Rahz"

The fact the actors couldn't even get it straight is hysterical.

16. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Minch, Neeson says Ra's. Not Raysh.

17. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Ah. my mistake.

18. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Yeah, at no point in the Nolan films is the name pronounced as "ray-sh". Didn't Lord Vivec settle this issue awhile back anyways?

Regardless, what a sad bunch of nerds we are that we're arguing over the pronunciation of the name of a fictional character all over again.

19. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    I'm going to be in denial of Ra's al Ghul shows up and the role isn't being reprised by Liam Neeson.

20. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Then prepare to be dissapointed. Me, I'll be genuinely surprised if the guy actually makes an appearance in this show.

21. Penguinator

May 23, 2005

I much prefer the Batman Begins pronunciation, myself, but at this point it's honestly just up in the air.

22. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    I've been really doubtful that Liam Neeson would reprise his role as Ra's in the show. I was certainly hoping he would, but I reckon if Ra's ever does show up, it'll be a different actor. If it's just a cameo, then I could see Liam making a short guest appearance, but not if Ra's gets a big role.

23. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Why would Neeson stoop to the level of this show?
    Don't get me wrong; I love Arrow. But it's not a premium, Tier 1 show like an AMC or HBO drama.

24. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    But he did do that thing with Key and Peele.

25. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    Hoo boy, this episode. Building to the climax!

I really hope it doesn't go this way, but I think now that Sara's not going to survive much longer, and that's going to thrust Laurel into the role of the Black Canary. And maybe we'll see Thea as Speedy next season?

They opened a can of worms with the statement of running out of snake venom, I think next week it's gonna run out and Roy's going to fight...someone.