main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph A Song of Ice and Fire Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by -RebelScum-, Jan 3, 2006.

1. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

To be fair, in this one instance, I don't believe she was offering to be the meat. I think, at worst, she was offering to be a piece of bread.

2. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    ...surely she could only have offered clams, not meat?

3. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001

I suppose, but it makes little sense. It normally goes bread meat bread. Not meat, tarty bread, meat.

Either way, she wanted two penises that night.

4. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I was envisioning more three stacked spoons...

5. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    I spose. I mean, all three of them had an insatiable appetite for wang.

6. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    I think this last hour of posts has revealed that you all are projecting on sweet Margaery the diseased fruits of your own imaginations. We'll thank you for leaving both her and us out of it, from now on.

C. For a conventional person, perhaps. But Margaery has already shown she can rise about the social mores of the day. She is basically inventing the concepts of altruism and a social safety net. She is deeply revolutionary and progressive in her approach to governance, and I would expect the same in her family's theories of government.

B. Why they saved the king is immaterial. What matters is that they did so, which thereafter makes it absurd to claim that they are disloyal. They could've claimed many other positions that might extend their influence and protect them more effectively. If the series (show and novels alike) has proven anything, it's a position on the Small Council that allows one to best exploit the kingdom, gain influence, and shield one's self from injury. The Tyrells could've easily asked for this. But as great martyr as any saint, Margaery chose the path of self-abnegation, instead falling into a role where her life was daily in danger from "friends," assassins angled at her, and she had much public scrutiny with relatively little power given to her family in return. They picked the worst option, not the best one.

A.

[​IMG]

7. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    I swear by the gods both old and new that if the Wock is trolling on this one, it's an epic troll.

8. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    I don't like this whole idea of "trolling." What I am sharing with you all is what I sincerely believe about Margaery in my heart.

9. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    yeah but Margaery's all about what's in your trousers, Wocky.

10. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005

Well that and the fact that the marching orders she got from her dear grandmama included a story about how she ****** her grandpa raw.

Jabba-wocky Given your incredible (willful) blindness to what is readily evident to anyone else with a functional brain, might I suggest you consider the priesthood?

tom and Ender Sai like this.
  11. LostOnHoth

LostOnHoth Chosen One star 5

Feb 15, 2000
    [face_laugh] Wocky gold.

12. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    I'm a bit late to the conversation, but what about the possibility of a chapter from the POV of an
    Other? Even if it's just a one-off thing, like a prologue, it could be a very interesting way to delve into an unexpected perspective and their history without revealing too much of the mystery. Martin made it work with Melisandre in ADwD.

13. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Galbart Glover never best old, though the gif would've better been deployed in response to PG calling you out when you called Renly hateful for being gay. :p

Wocky strikes me as a R'hllor acolyte. There's something about the self-flagellation and unwillingness to stay dead that is just so Wocky.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

Ender Sai likes this.
  14. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    How did he reject that? By dying?

GrandAdmiralJello likes this.
  15. yankee8255

May 31, 2005

Are you sure about that? According the GOT wiki, Ghost refuses to go in and wanders off into the Haunted Forest.

I should add that I can totally buy Summer falling into the trap, since Bran has warged into him, thus overriding his natural instincts to a degree. But Ghost, or any of the others, falling into a trap on his own? Half the Riverlands are hunting for Nymeria and they haven't even come close to catchingher.

16. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    I think a better food analogy for the situation was Margaery was to be the cup, Renly the orange and Loras the juicer......

Ender Sai, New_York_Jedi and MistrX like this.
  17. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    That's a bit too reminiscent of Frank Zappa's Bobby Brown, thank you.

Of course there's no doubt it would not be Marge's first experience with either Tower of Power or a golden shower.

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Tapatalk

18. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Are they, or do they just keep getting royally f-ed up by her pack? And remember, she DOES have an enormous pack. Hard to go after a dire wolf when you're being assaulted by dozens of her minions.

Sent from beyond the Wall

19. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    In the books or in the show? Because the show certainly had it. Immediately.

Sent from beyond the Wall

20. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Remember when he called Mellisandre a "sex person".

21. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    He looked like he was on the verge of throwing her out of the tent, or that he was at least terrified and disgusted by her very presence. Even if he didn't want a romantic encounter, he might've treated her like a human being.

22. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    Renly the cow, Loras the farmer and Margaery the pail?

Ender Sai and yankee8255 like this.
  23. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Wocky, if I'm recalling correctly this was immediately after her suggesting getting Loras in there with them to help? To which Renly very well might have thought she was referring to what Ender suggested above, that she'd get into it with him (Loras) too.

Which, given why the Baraetheon brothers were rising against Joffrey, you know makes some amount of sense why he might have been repulsed right then...

24. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    No. He looked frightened and disgusted by her from the moment she entered. It was outrageous behavior.

25. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Some major issues with the last episode, for me:
    * Marg not being in on the assassination was illogical and very risky - she could've easily been poisoned. It also represents a backward step in her character - this is someone who is an able player in the game of thrones, as she said immediately after Renly's death. Also, considering LF didn't go to Highgarden in the show, when did he have time to formulate his plans go kill Joff if not through Margaery in Renly's camp? I was not a fan at all. Also, the nonchalant revelation was just awful.
    Conversely, the scene with Tommen was a great portrayal of Marg.
    * The uprising in Meereen was rushed and non-clear. Who opened the gates? How did the slaves overcome all the guards with just a few smuggled weapons? How did seize the Great Pyramid before the master realised his city had been compromised?
    * I thought the Wall and scenes north of it were great, except for the fact that Sam told Jon that his brothers are alive. That's a big change to his arc. I'll reserve judgement, but hope that by the end of next episode he's under the mistaken impression Bran perished in the skirmish.
    * Locke's inclusion is an addition to a NW story that is already too crowded this season: they have an election, mutineers to kill and a host of wildlings to face. That's enough.the last thing we need is another antagonist up there for Jon. God knows he's got enough already - Slynt, Thorne, Mance, Tormund, Ygritte, the Thenns, the Others, the mammoths, the giants. Locke should've wandered after Rickon, before being captured by men out of a White Harbor and then taking the place of Wex.

Yeah, really not impressed beyond the aforementioned Tommen scene (Ser Pounce!) and Jaime's scenes. I'm indifferent to Bran's stuff. Hopefully it gets better than this, IMO, low point of the show.

GrandAdmiralJello likes this.