main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    I know I am. But just as with every Mercs season I know I am in for bitter disappointment.

[​IMG]

2. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    So you're banking on ruining a carefully plotted storyline that is dependent on the Mercs aboslutely tanking it by having a spectacular, Galactic Cup winning season, right? :p

Also, I can already tell that Kaitlyn is onto Lilly. She makes her adopted daughter a scout and then is all, "You know what, who cares about draft picks. Let's trade all of them except the very last pick in the Draft! Hooray! I'm Kaitlyn Vehn and I do whatever I want!" :D

Vehn and jcgoble3 like this.
  3. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    That's the hope. Though I know that they'll just blow it in the playoffs. :p

[​IMG]

4. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    WWL is highly entertaining as usual. :D

Speaking of features like that, are we going to get draft grades?

Transmitted from Wild Space via my datapad's DROID brain

5. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Maybe if you ask in a nice manner. :p

School is kicking my ass right now, so I will try to get grades up soon, but no guarantees.

6. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    If/when the Miners next beat the Monarchs...well, CPL_Macja knows what's coming now. And he has only himself to blame for it. :p

7. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    Bring it... Trieste

Sent from a Galaxy far away via my comlink

8. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Draft grades are up. Make of them what you will.

9. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Actually, pretty fair with Bakura from my view!

10. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I think Vhett must have threatened the draft graders on her way out the door. The Mercs grade was a tad high in my opinion. :p

[​IMG]

11. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Don't complain. This might be the first time I've ever complimented the Mercs. :p

12. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Trust me... take it when you can get it... it may not happen again.

Jedi Gunny likes this.
  13. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    [face_laugh] hey my new owner is trying to move the team. Compliments are no longer welcome. :p

[​IMG]

Jedi Gunny likes this.
  14. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Yay, I tied for top of the class! :D

On a different note, I want to point out some breaking news in real-world sports. To summarize: The owner of the NBA's Los Angeles Clippers, Donald Sterling, has just been fined $2.5 million and has also been banned from the NBA for the rest of his life for making racist comments. That ban includes being "barred from attending any NBA games or practices, be present at any Clippers office or facility, or participate in any business or player personnel decisions involving the team", and the NBA commissioner will move to force him to sell the team.

This seems eerily similar to the original punishment that was issued to Manda'lor Taab in this game two or three seasons ago, except that the fine there was 1 million, not 2.5 million; Taab was only suspended for one season, not for life; and no attempt was made to force him to sell the team. Yet Sterling's punishment is simply for making racist remarks; Taab's was for executing a captured enemy leader in front of a live audience of millions and cameras broadcasting in real time to trillions or quadrillions across the galaxy.

Given the seemingly universal support for Sterling's punishment and the difference between the two offenses, Taab's punishment seems rather more like a slap on the wrist to me now.

15. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    :D Obviously, deep down, the former commissioner was too afraid of Taab to hand down a sterner punishment. :p

[​IMG]

jcgoble3 likes this.
  16. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Or she was a weak commissioner who was too beholden to the Board of Governors. Good thing you all voted in such a subservient Commissioner to ensure that you've got another one. It's not like you had a Commissioner forced upon you who would throw out a team on a whim. I mean, what would this game be like if that was the case? ;)

17. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    I knew Donald Sterling, Taab, was specist :p. Says the guy whose assembled an all-human roster for a team that used to, and may still, pull talent from the Vertical City of which humans are undoubtedly in the minority.

The Silver Age of Limmie is going to end with a bang......literally. [face_laugh]

jcgoble3 and CPL_Macja like this.
  18. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Ha! Nah, Mandalorians are least likely to be speciesist (specist? Whatever :p) given their liberal adoption policies. If we were going to look at anyone for that, I think we'd be turning our eyes on a club that...oh, I don't know...once objected to a future rookie of the year on the basis of his species. :D

Vehn and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  19. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Who would have done that?

20. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Is that a serious question because you weren't here to remember or a rhetorical one?

21. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Little of both actually :p

22. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    In 265, the Nar Shaddaa Smugglers signed a Ssi-Ruu as a player. The Miners' general manager, Dana Roslyn, had a typically Bakuran freakout over this and filed a formal objection with the League citing the rule that says "dangerous species" are not allowed to play in the Elite League (I believe at the time I established that the Elite League had adopted the rule with the Dathomir team attempted to field a rancor during a game). The League denied the objection and the player, Ankylo, went on to win the Ingbrand Award that year.

So, who'd object to a player on the basis of his species and has got two thumbs?

THIS GUY! :D

Vehn and jcgoble3 like this.
  23. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Yup... before my time ;)

24. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    At least she didn't try to behead him.... [face_whistling]

[​IMG]

Vehn, jcgoble3 and Trieste like this.
  25. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    I remember that. IIRC, one of my players got into a fight with Ankylo the week after the Smugglers–Miners game. Fun times. :D