main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Oscar Isaac (Poe Dameron) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Lurknomore, Apr 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lurknomore

Lurknomore Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2014
    [​IMG]

What do you think his role will be? I personally think he will be one of the "New 3" and Ridley's love interest (though he looks kind of old for her, IMO).

2. Jobertus

Jobertus Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    Perhaps I am mistaken on this point, but I thought it was indicated he would be a "Han Solo" type figure,

3. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    A new Han Solo type.

Dra--- likes this.
  4. Momotaros

Momotaros Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2013
    Acording to an article the Wrap posted a few days ago. He was one of the main heroes with Boyega.

AlbiSquare and Satipo like this.
  5. Bran Kenobi

Bran Kenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 1, 2012
    I never heard it indicated but I thought that would be his role... force connection?! [face_hypnotized]

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  6. Frank_TJ_Mackey

Frank_TJ_Mackey Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2000
    20 years from now.....this guy will rival Harrison Ford/Han Solo as the most beloved SW character in every polls.....

Unless he's a villain !

7. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I think he's the 40 year old military man. I'd guess he'll be a part of the Republic military and possibly a protege of Han Solo. I think like Han in ANH he'll be the character who has to get the heroes off planet when we have our inevitable escape sequence and becomes one of the new Big 3.

jbyrd1245, Satipo and Trebor Sabreon like this.
  8. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014
    I'll go wayyy out on a limb:

3rd generation military man serving as a New Republic fighter pilot squadron leader. His grandfather fought in the Clone Wars for the Old Republic, and his father perished in the Battle of Endor. His father was a skilled Tie Fighter pilot & a good man by all accounts; just happened to be on the wrong team.

Han Solo is the closest thing he has to a father figure. His personality traits have obviously rubbed off.

Ridley's character has had a crush on him since childhood, and Isaac's character is aware of this, but he regards her as a "baby sister" type.

Adam Driver's character resents Isaac's character and is always quick to bring up family past as a personal attack.

9. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    interesting theory. could work.

10. jedinightwing

jedinightwing Jedi Master star 3

Aug 4, 2009
    I actually really like that idea

Jo Lucas likes this.
  11. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    I still have no idea whether him or Gleeson will be one of the trio, but I do think it's likely he'll be Ridley's love interest. Han Solo type fits, but military type makes a lot of sense to me. Possibly both? I don't think he'll be an actual Solo as some have speculated regardless though.

12. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    If a clone had a kid which gave said clone a grandkid, it could look rather close to Oscar Isaac in the above pic.

13. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    It would be interesting if he were playing a military officer with a clone in his family background. There's actually some dramatic potential there.

DL44Jo likes this.
  14. Corvax855

Corvax855 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 23, 2011
    Judging from the rumor and casting call info, I'd say he's going to be the Han or Lando of the new trilogy. Not part of the central trio of characters, but close enough to them to be a main hero. Remember, one of the characters on the casting call was a physically fit, military type around 40 years old, and Oscar Isaacs seems to fit the bill. He might be an Alliance officer/commando, or a smuggler/scoundrel similar to Han and Lando that gets caught up in the adventures of the new trio of characters.

Satipo likes this.
  15. markdeez33

markdeez33 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 25, 2013
    I'm guessing either:

1. A smuggler/pirate like Han
    2. A Bounty hunter
    3. An imperial officer

I'm not sure what side he's aligned with, but I'm guessing that he's gonna be the new Han type character

16. Wace_Mindu

Wace_Mindu Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2014
    The best pilot in Rogue Squadron and Wedge Antilles son.

17. H-BOMB

H-BOMB Jedi Master star 3

Feb 21, 2009
    He's got a bit of a 'Fel' vibe going for him. I could definitely see him as the military man, but I could also seem him as a Jedi/Sith.

D'an likes this.
  18. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    And they said Star Wars couldn't win an Oscar... so it cast one instead. :p

And a damn fine actor at that.

19. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Given his age (35) and the age he looks to me (well, older than thirty-five), I'm not pegging Oscar as one of the "young trio," but I know the guy is a talent, so I hope he plays a beefy-enough role.

But which role? As with some others, I'm thinking Isaac looks rather like he could be descended from Jango Fett in some way. I won't go so far as to say "Boba Fett's son," but grandchild of a clone? Why not?

I have to say, I wouldn't mind that type of connective issue to the PT.

Six and Graphic like this.
  20. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Han's protege sounds good.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  21. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Jarren_Lee-Saber Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2008
    This one is the worst cast of the whole bunch. *aaaaand that's as far as we go...

22. markdeez

markdeez Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2005
    Some writers in the blogosphere are saying that Isaac is going to be a villain, possibly an Imperial the likes of Thrawn. And that Boyega will be the new "Han Solo" kind of character, but will also be a Jedi. Thoughts?

23. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    My guess is Isaacs is the Han type (other than Han obviously). I think Boyega will be a padawan but with a bit more edge/ cool than we're used to.

24. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    CoolyFett and Lurknomore like this.
  25. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I'd like to know if the Huffington Post has been given word that this is so, or if it's their supposition?

Boba Geek likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.