main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Pre-Timeskip CW vs Post-Timeskip CW

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth Doop, Apr 27, 2014.

?

Pre or Post? Which do you like better?

1. Pre

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  2. Post

18 vote(s)
    64.3%
  3. A bit of both

9 vote(s)
    32.1%
  1. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    What seasons do you like better? Pre (1-2, a bit of 3) or post (3-6) timeskip? I personally like pre better not only because I haven't seen most of post, but it has a SW feel to it. (S1 especially). But post introduced us to big arcs like Umbra or Mortiss, both of which are some of the best this show has ever given us.

So what are your thoughts?

2. SabineFett

SabineFett Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 17, 2014
    I feel I really need to get around to watching this show already, I didn't even know there was a timeskip, haha.

3. Darth Doop

Apr 24, 2014
    You never saw TCW!!??!? You are missing out!!!

4. yodafan1031

yodafan1031 Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 15, 2014
    I didn't vote because I didn't know there was a time skip either. I'm currently watching TCW for the first time on Netflix. I'm near the beginning of season 4 and it's awesome. Just didn't know there was a time skip. How can I make sure I"m not missing anything without subjecting myself to spoilers?

5. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I assumed this was referring to the micro-series... I pretty much know TCW like the back of my hand by now (other than a bunch of minor character names) and I'm not sure what the "timeskip" is referring to either. Perhaps when the character models for the main three changed? Or the inter-temporal adventure on Mortis?

6. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    I'd assume they're referring to the change in the character models. Definitely there was an indication that time had past. Though how much is still up in the air I think.

Cevan and Force Smuggler like this.
  7. Vader'sGoodHand

Vader'sGoodHand Jedi Master star 3

Apr 1, 2014
    Take a look at Snips before season 3 and after. Perfect example of time shift.

8. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Yeah Ahsoka definitely aged a few years mid-way through Season 3. At a guess, I'd say two years at least passed. She was supposedly 17 by Season 5, and 14 when she was introduced.

9. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    ^ Has ever been confirmed officially? I mean, that's what I guessed, but I'd always assumed it was conjecture.

10. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Is there really that big a difference storywise?

11. Vader'sGoodHand

Vader'sGoodHand Jedi Master star 3

Apr 1, 2014
    Not really. It would just be missions that they went on. Anakin still had the same Jedi status as did Ahsoka

12. Darth Doop

Apr 24, 2014
    Sorry for not detailing this. I'm talking about when the outfits changed in s3, I assumed a year had passed.

13. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    It is true that around halfway through Season 3 the show began to go a much darker/serious route, as well as beginning the Nightsisters/Maul/Ventress arcs that were sort of like what the Ziro the Hutt arc was to Seasons 1-3. It's also when the show began to not have any more timejumps.

It's also a character shift for Ahsoka, for good or bad is argued to this day (I say it's good), and a few other changes.

I personally think Post had stronger episodes, though I will forever cherish the "3 part" Domino squad arc, Ryloth, the Boba arc and quite a few others.

14. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Definitely pre- overall, although I did like the Nightsisters arc and a pretty good bit of season 4.

15. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    It's about halfway through season 3. The physical appearance of Ahsoka Tano is the most obvious barometer of the timeskip, her being a growing girl and all that. After having looked more or less the same from the start of S1, in the middle of S3 from one ep to the next she is suddenly taller, more womanly proportioned, her head tails and horns are longer, and her standard outfit is different. The tube top is gone, in its place is a sleveless smock with a boob window and a pair of tights with cutout holes in them. And she gets a shoto - an offhand parrying sword slightly shorter than her primary, and which she first uses while briefly
    turned to the Dark Side
    on Mortis.

16. Werebazs

Werebazs Jedi Master star 1

Mar 20, 2013
    With a very few exceptions I equally liked the show all the way through.

As for the "timeskip"...I never really considered it as such, at least not as a significantly long one. I mean, it was obvious from the start, that the events shown are not always told in a day-to-day pace. and there could be up to a few weeks in-between the different storylines. Or even between the episodes of the same storyline, such as the Ryloth-arc. It pretty obviously took place over a longer period, and we were only shown it's key moments.

So I always thought that Ahsoka was constantly and slowly growing as time passed in-universe, but because of technical limitations it couldn't be shown in progress. Then when she shows up after skipping a few weeks in "Heroes of Both Sides" she appears with all the growth, that previously wasn't shown, applied to her.

Yeaah, sorry, if my grammar and meaning is murky. English is not my mothertongue and sometimes I have problem phrasing my sentences....

17. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Let's not forget that Ahsoka was a teenager. I know human biology and Togruta biology might not match 100%, but IRL teens always go through a spurt in a very short amount of time, especially teenage girls. Ahsoka started the series at age 14, so she could still conceivably be 15 for most of the "post-time skip" part of the show, edging into 16 around Season 5 or so. We still don't have a definitive answer on just when everything takes place relating to AOTC and ROTS. I think it's safe to assume it's still 22 BBY-19 BBY or so, and if the Battle of Christophsis was somewhere around 22 BBY, Ahsoka would be 17 or so by ROTS.

18. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I definitely prefer post time-skip. Don't get me wrong, there are definitely some episodes before the jump that are better than some episodes after the jump, but after the jump Ahsoka is a lot less in-your-face annoying and they do more ambitious stories in areas I very much wanted to see explored like the nature of the Force, more about the Sith, and filling in holes in the story left by the PT.

19. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    Post. No contest. Before was full of silly episodes. After the timeskip, even the silly episodes were either visually stunning or cute/charming. And I actually like post-timeskip Ahsoka a lot.

20. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Post, not even worth talking about the pre.