main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Lando possibly in Episode 7 (or 8) after all?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by JediKnightOB1, Apr 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    You can make light of it, and it is funny, but the fact is that you've hit onto something: the sheer, unmitigated sense of entitlement that fans seem to be having when they have neither the right nor the cause to have it. Disney/LFL provided us with a fantastic cast, including the Big Three and some other HIGHLY experienced actors that are virtually guaranteed performances. But if Billy Dee Williams isn't in the picture, suddenly the long knives are out and the whining begins: "Where's Lando? We want Lando! Just give us a Lando cameo so we can be happy! Don't worry about what's good for the picture; just give us what we want, when we want it, BECAUSE we want it!"

There's a word for that kind of sense of entitlement: DISGUSTING.

jbyrd1245, HanSolo29 and Jobertus like this.
  2. Ichthyocentaur

Ichthyocentaur Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 25, 2014
    When I saw Boyega's name I was like, "Hey, cool, there will finally be more than 1 black person in a Star Wars movie".

I guess that's too much to ask.

Yes, wishing Billy Dee was in the sequel trilogy is exactly like murder.

3. littlewaves

littlewaves Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2008

What do you reckon everyone? Should I say something about this or let it go?

jedinightwing and Dak Oolron like this.
  4. littlewaves

Apr 19, 2008

yeah like maybe the Boyega character doesn't actually HAVE to be related to Lando?

jedinightwing and Dak Oolron like this.
  5. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Maybe we aren't supposed to know of his involvement at all before the movie premieres? It could be a surprise cameo - think Nimoy in Into Darkness.

6. Dave Hoffman

Dave Hoffman Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 24, 2012
    I don't go to movie sites at all, so I don't know how reputable they are, but Film Buff Online reported that BDW did say that he hasn't been contacted at one point, but at a later convention, said that he was asked... but hasn't decided if he'd do it or not yet.

Do with that what you will.

http://www.filmbuffonline.com/FBOLN...ether-hell-be-back-for-star-wars-episode-vii/

7. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Symmetry, he always shows up in the second and third of the trilogy

jbyrd1245, Dak Oolron and Palpatine77 like this.
  8. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    I'm actually satisfied with the cast so far, all the people you'd have expected to band together after all these years. Though two reoccurring, important characters that are missing are Lando and Wedge. While it'd be nice to see a cameo of Wedge, maybe being promoted to some form of command at this point, Lando really was an iconic member of the main cast, and it doesn't seem like he'd just drift away and never come in contact with his friends again after everything they've been through.

9. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    it's easy enough to write Lando out if they need to. Just say he died at some point in the last 30 years off-screen, maybe in an attack by whatever new threat was starting out at the time.

10. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
    I'm sure he'll be in it, guys. Remember, this is just the principal cast. And even if he doesn't make it into this one, theres episode 8 and 9 too. I'll be genuinely shocked if he doesn't show up at some point in the trilogy.

RobShanti likes this.
  11. Dhammer1

Dhammer1 Jedi Padawan

Nov 12, 2012
    Come on guys, he will be showing up in one of the later episodes.
    He was originally cast in episode VII, and one of his roles was to dance with Han & Leia's daughter at her wedding. But we all know what happened to Billy D's back during DWS,
    so they had to leave him out of episode VII to mend.

Ryus likes this.
  12. Lurknomore

Lurknomore Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2014

I think you're right, but I hope they don't wind up going overboard with this symmetry thing. It's one thing to pay homage to the OT, it's entirely another to just rip it off.

Darth Punk likes this.
  13. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Hasn't the EU spent decades largely ripping-off the OT? I doubt JJ & co will go down that route if they've just gone to great lengths to discount the EU.

14. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    This was released a month after your article... its of TMZ (imho pushing scum) but Billy seemed very honest and polite back in his replies. He states he hasn't been contacted yet for seven but is willing to return and very confident that Lando will show up again somewhere in Star Wars (implying if not VII than maybe VII, IX, or spinoff). TMZ tries to blow his not being contacted out of proportion and into a controvecy but Billy played it cool in reply stating the franchise is in great hands with Disney, KK, & JJ.

But anyways, straight from Billy Dee's lips to your ears...

15. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    He's alot older than even Harrison Ford. He'll be 80 for Ep8

16. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Max von Sydow is 85, so that doesn't necessarily rule him out though. But yeah, he's not getting younger, that's for sure. I very much hope they find a way to have him appear in Ep7.

17. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Honestly, I'm fine with him not being in it. I've expressed my thoughts on this elsewhere, but to keep it short, I don't want this film to turn into one big Star Wars reunion. Things already seem to be on the more crowded side with the Big Three, Chewie and the droids back for another go (not like I'm complaining about them :p). You have the all-star line up from ANH, which works fine in this instance. Anything more and it starts to feel contrived and unnecessary. But hey, if they can find a way to bring Lando in that doesn't feel shoehorned and a blatant pandering to fans, I'm all for that.

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  18. TtheForceHurts

TtheForceHurts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2010
    I could see them handling it like Marcus Brody in Indy VI, giving him a memorial on Coruscant ( though I could see it being similar to the memorial at the end of Californication Season 2[face_laugh])

19. Palpatine77

Palpatine77 Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 28, 2010

A Wedge cameo would be awesome, but keep in mind that Denis Lawson was offered a cameo in Revenge of the SIth yet he turned that opportunity down. He's probably done with Star Wars at this point, but that shouldn't stop JJ and co. from asking......

20. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004

Don't let the Lando lovers hear you say that ;)

Momotaros likes this.
  21. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    You bring up a good point. Though the difference is in that case, his cameo was just a tribute for the fans, whereas his original character of Wedge could still further the story in the sequels. Or at least I'm hoping, but if he just is done with acting in Star Wars, then I guess that's the end of it.

Palpatine77 likes this.
  22. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Exactly. It's not like Billy Dee's going to be asked to do anything too physical, but at his age I don't think it's a good idea to take a "We'll see if we can get him into the next film." approach.

Like I said a page or two back, everything is subservient to the story, but I make an exception for Lando. He may be the Ringo of this particular Fab Four, but he's still in the band.

Sarge likes this.
  23. littlewaves

Apr 19, 2008
    Why would not wanting Boyega to be playing his son mean I wasn’t a Lando lover. Lando is one of my favourite characters not least because with only Nein Numb and some cockpit controls to act against Billy Dee gave pretty much the most heartfeld and convincing performance in Jedi while the big three at least partly seemed to phone theirs in.

Anway I’m getting off topic. I’d love to see Lando back and I don’t require Boyega to be related to him

24. Skellybobs

Skellybobs Jedi Knight

Sep 15, 2013
    I'd love to see Lando back too, but given BDW's health, would the travelling involved be worth it for a cameo role?

25. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    As late as last year he travelled across the pond just to partake in a scifi convention in Sweden - on his 76th birthday even. So unless his health has seriously deteriorated in the last year, I don't see how that would be a problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.