main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Luke Skywalker's New (or Old) Jedi Order?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Dra---, Aug 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    We don't know if that's still true 30 years after Jabba's death. Iraq was a Ba'ath-controlled country in 1984.
    Yes. KJA written material about locations im Star Wars says that the spider droids in Jabba's palace were once monks and that they built the palace as a monastery.

rdhight likes this.
  2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I'm fond of the idea that that was Palpatine true face revealed by the Force lightning. I just like the thought that he was slowly decaying for decades from using the dark side but to everyone around him he looked like a normal Joe.

3. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    With Luuke no doubt out of the picture, I'd love to see a young Jedi wield Luke's ANH/ESB saber. I love how that saber has been passes on through the generations.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  4. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
  5. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    Have you read The Last Command?

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  6. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    Yes I have, multiple times.
    And I am overall a fan of that but "Luuke" was really lazy.

7. Scummy_and_Villainous

Scummy_and_Villainous Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2013
    If say, Luke is to have an academy on Tatooine what about the idea that Luke had converted Jabba's palace into Jedi temple?

8. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    I doubt that place would really give off good Force-vibes to train people.

Revanfan1 and Dra--- like this.
  9. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    Jabba's palace might not be a good place for an academy, but it might come in handy for training and trials. Similar to the cave on Dagobah, but not so much in the Dark Side sense of things.

10. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    A valid argument as far as the realm of speculation is concerned, but highly doubtful it will be used since there is no real reason to go back there. Tatooine has quite a lot to offer in terms of training and trials. If they were to go down that path I'm pretty sure an ancient temple, tomb or what have you will pop up somewhere on that planet.

11. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    I still have no idea if Luuke is supposed to be pronounced differently than Luke.

Revanfan1 and rdhight like this.
  12. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    Luuke is pronounced "Luick" if the audio adaptation of Heir to the Empire is anything to go by.
    Tatooine is the birthplace of the Jedi. [face_devil]

As to what the public will think of the Jedi, if TFN's view on things GL says are anything to go by, people ignore the words of people that they hate.

citizen 1: the Jedi engineered the Clone Wars and tried to overthrow the chancellor.
    citizen 2: how do you know this?
    citizen 1: Palpatine said so.
    citizen 2: Palpatine also said that he loves democracy and that he was reluctant to accept emergency powers.

13. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    I'm still confused. Lick?

Lou-ick?

14. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    yup

15. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    Damn. That's terrible.

;)

16. Dameron

Dameron Jedi Master star 4

Apr 8, 2014

Yuuck.

17. markdeez

markdeez Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2005
    It's a new dawn, it's a new day.

No need to revive the PT era Jedi. It's time to venture out into new territory. Go with the flow, Master Skywalker. Let the force guide you!

18. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Hello all,

Just wondering -How many Jedi do you think will be in the ST? And what is the right amount..?

For me, I loved the way the originals had a Jedi Master (Yoda) and a Jedi knight (Obi Wan) and the sith had a Master (Palpatine) and a Lord (Vader) ...and they were all fighting for Luke to be their apprentice.

The prequels had a million Jedi and IMO the mystique of the order + the lightsaber were lost...

I would like the ST to follow the pattern of the OT.

What do you think? When Luke builds up the Jedi (If it's not done already) what sort of numbers do you think would be right? For the record I think Luke will be the Jedi Master and his son (Dom) will be a knight who is training the Solo daughter. Pure speculation obviously...

Force Smuggler and purplerain like this.
  19. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    I'm with you, Anvar. As few Jedi as possible and as few Sith as possible. I agree that lots of Jedi and/or Sith destroys the all that there is to like about Jedi, Sith, and lightsabers.

20. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    When a lightsaber lit up in the OT it was awesome! Luke wasn't opening canned food with it though... Haha.

P.s "Purplerain" ..love the name!

purplerain likes this.
  21. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    Exactly!
    Thanks!

22. DarthScully

DarthScully Jedi Master star 4

Oct 30, 2001
    well its 30 years after the events of ROTJ, and even if the Alliance go about their business unimpeded (unlikely, there'll always be troublemakers and those struggling to seize power with the vacuum the Empire left) i dont think Luke wouldve been able to rebuild the Jedi to even a fraction of what they were before. maybe a handful at best. Should SW Rebels say something about this since thats canon?

23. Bluefox

Bluefox Jedi Knight

Nov 1, 2013
    Yeah, I think a handful at most, I'm hoping the new films go back to the jedi/non-jedi ratio of the originals. Jedis tend to be dull, and I think the prequels confused people into thinking that star wars is just about jedis, it's not.

purplerain likes this.
  24. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    I'd like there to be about 10 Jedi masters all with a padawan following an ethical code, while nowhere near as rigid as the PT Jedi. But they are scattered through the GFFA, and gather for an annual meeting to discuss the events of the year and say hi.

I'd like there to be 1 Sith master, but with around 10 apprentices. But the apprentices are also scattered, completing various tasks for their master, and vying for his aproval.

25. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    100's of Jedi vs 100's of Sith.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.