main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Spider-Man & SSU Films (Madame Web, Venom 3, Kraven, Beyond the Spider-Verse)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Spiderfan, May 20, 2008.

1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003

See Iron Man 2 and 3, total garbage. Popular superheroes sell, regardless of the quality.

2. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    Man of Steel barely made a profit with better reviews than ASM2.

DarthMane2 likes this.
  3. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Considering the so-so reviews I've read so far (with "bloated" and "uneven" being common denominators) my zero interest in the movie has moved now to -10. Still, I foresee that this movie will have one good weekend, two at the most. Then it'll plunge and be flushed out of memory faster than the offering I gave to the porcelain throne this morning.

4. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003

Production budget: $225 million
    Worldwide ticket sales: $668 million

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  5. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Has anyone seen this yet?

Dumb question - any reason to stay after the credits?

6. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    exactly. Given it's marketing budget, it might have needed about $700 worldwide to really turn a profit on theater revenue. Obviously, there were other revenue sources, and it probably did ok in the end.

Amazing Spider-Man had 73% on RT, Made $750 million worldwide on an alleged $230 million budget.

ASM was more profitable than MOS, probably, but both created the same franchise problems by squandering a lot of whatever good will remained for the characters after SM3 and Superman Returns, respectively, with such mediocre reboots.

7. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    I have seen it.

Unless you would like to see a very quickly cut, short scene from X-Men: Days of Future Past you can leave.

8. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Is it at the VERY end of the credits?

9. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Nope its s midway thing.

10. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Wait, so is it a promo for DOFP, or does this heavily imply that both of these franchises now take place in the same movie universe?

11. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    It's just a promo. Webb was in a deal to make a Marvel film for FOX, but then he signed on to do "The Amazing Spider-Man". As part of a settlement between Sony and FOX, ASM 2 would feature a teaser for DOFP.

12. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    So, I'll ask...

Does Gwen die in it?

13. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Indeed she does.

14. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Black Cat was in the movie, that was cool[/SPOIL]

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  15. Moviefan2k4

Moviefan2k4 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2009
    I really enjoyed this sequel, even coming really close to crying at a certain point. Its a more than worthy successor to the previous one, and all in the cast did a great job. I'm not a big fan of the ridiculously huge Rhino armor, and thought Harry's story arc progressed too fast...but otherwise, a great film all around. Solid 8.5/10 from me.

Souderwan likes this.
  16. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Should have called this film The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Transformer Rhino

17. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    They should've called this movie stupid.

18. Moviefan2k4

Moviefan2k4 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2009
    Actually, the design reminded me more of Raphael's Nightwatcher suit from "TMNT" in 2007.

19. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Well it looked stupid

And we have to see that in Sinister Six? Ugh

20. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Odd to have Rhino in the Sinister Six, he's not exactly a major villain. Could have retained Electro instead, he was good.

I liked the references throughout the movie to other known Spider-Man characters.

Souderwan likes this.
  21. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Hated that they needed the video game to resolve Uncle Ben's killer, should have done that in the movie.

22. Volderon

Volderon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2007
    Just saw it. I really enjoyed it, it was a worthy successor to the first one. Even though it was long it kept me entertained and never felt slow at all.

23. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005
    I thought it was brilliant good fun. Loved every minute of it! The opening sequence alone in IMAX 3D was absolutely thrilling to behold!

The comedic timing in the movie was great--I laughed out loud way more than I expected. But even better were the dramatic moments--I was actually brought to tears at the end. Definitely a better film than I expected!

24. SithSense

SithSense Force Ghost star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    it was...okay. i didn't hate it.

pros:
    - well acted by everyone, especially garfield and stone. think they've got the best chemistry of all of the superhero relationships we've seen thus far.
    - glad to see how colorful it was, as is the norm for most marvel character movies. it's bright and vibrant and a real beauty to watch.

cons:
    - dammit sony stop trying to shoehorn in every goddamn villain you can. you ruined raimi's spider-man 3 with that crap and you're lucky you didn't ruin this one as well. should have gotten rid of the goblin entirely and just focused on building up harry for future installments. also, cut the mecha-rhino completely out of the film.
    - the fact that they gave electro the same "obsessed fanboy can't take rejection" story as batman forever's jim carrey riddler and iron man 3's guy pearce riddler.
    - electro's design is still terrible. like dr. manhattan knocked up emperor palpatine.

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  25. SithSense

SithSense Force Ghost star 4

Sep 29, 2002

"amazing spider-man 2: horny iron monger"

Legolas Skywalker likes this.