main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Official Sequel Trilogy / Legends / Expanded Universe discussion thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by YoureNotJonesy, Nov 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Yeah, be like Marvel and don't recycle characters and plots to attract tens of millions of fans and make billions of dollars... Oh, wait, never mind, that's exactly what they did. Uh, maybe Star Wars should consider copying what they did by adapting the best of the EU into the new canon.

2. Fastback

Fastback Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 12, 2014
    I don't think they should re-do a Bane trilogy and maybe when they get to a point of doing his stand alone movie maybe. I can see them deciding than to just use what was in LEU of the bane trilogy and adapt it to the big screen.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  3. Lord_Anzeroth

Lord_Anzeroth Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2013
    That.would.be.brilliant :)

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  4. Fastback

Fastback Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 12, 2014
    Yep I can see Bane becoming a well loved bad guy like Vader if they do a movie on him. I would love to see this come to life great characters in the Bane trilogy and the battle scenes of the Sith and Jedi armies fighting and than the force bomb.

5. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    They better de-Karpyshanize Bane if he appears in a movie. The Rule of Two should be about saving the Sith, not weeding out the weak, Bane should be a Sith Lord before the rise of Kaan, and the Rule of Two shouldn't have anything to do with Revan.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  6. Jair Crawford

Jair Crawford Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 3, 2012
    That being said, I think Revan should be revived too. His story could make for a good spin-off trilogy as well.

7. Lord_Anzeroth

Mar 2, 2013

One of the best IMO :p

If this happens it will be the happiest day of my life; as long as they don't ruin the movie

8. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Well you mean thought bomb not force bomb, two very different powers. The thought bomb destroys bodies but traps minds for all time in a hell within its blast radius for all time, where as the force bomb is just a concussion wave created in the air by the force.

At any point, I hope neither make it into canon, the first Drew k bane book was hindered by a comic of bane that came up with the idea but Drew just made as good as he could within the confines of the idea. However thats kinda the point, the comic was kinda weak and far removed from what lucas implied. Id love elements of the Drew k bane books adapted in though but only bits as much as i loved them, like Zannah being a small blonde girl or Bane being a miner etc...

9. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

Well, not quite. After these next films come out, we will all have a better idea of what the situation is between trilogies. Once that's established, any spin off that's done won't affect the EU too much unless it's a character origin.

10. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    With the now blank 30 year canon gap between ROTJ and Ep. 7, post Ep. 7 release I can see some of that stuff being filled in "Ultimate EU". I'm not saying remake every single story, character arc, canonize every old novel, etc. But, damn skippy, I could see the Thrawn trilogy major beats and shape (Blue Alien Imp genius admiral named Thrawn leading Imperial strike, crisis that arises at the time of Leia's pregnancy, maybe Mara Jade / Talon Karde) being adapted in some way. Assuming Thrawn isn't introduced (again, for the first time) in the ST era and content. Which he may be. That is a character I could see pop up again and not die this time.

I would totally read an "Ultimate Waru" story, it could be freakin' genius.

11. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    So we are now going to have 100 novels to tell the story of the blank 30 yr cannon era........

12. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    30 novels! one for each year!

Seriously, though, I get the feeling they'll do the entire 30 year ep. 6 to ep. 7 gap in between the release of ep. 7 to 8 but I doubt they'll fully scrub in every single year and dot every single I or T. We'll get a few novels and comics to give us the "broad strokes" of what happened and I can see that content cribbing a few elements from the "Legends" post ROTJ EU but molded so it doesn't conflict with Ep. 7. We won't see adaptations of every LEU post ROTJ story ever, and those stories won't suddenly become canon, but I can see a few characters and elements from the original post EU era popping up again with a shiny new coat of paint and rebooted to fit into the new canon cleaner.

Borrsk Fel'ya will live again! But slightly differently this time.

13. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    BigAl6ft6 I think Thrawn looks absolutely silly and his art strategy makes no sense. I could see those aspects of him being modified.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  14. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Visually, it's a hook for Thrawn, they'd keep that. The art thing is dicey and that could go, but, once again, it's an easy hook. "This badguy is so supersmart that he looks at a friggin painting and blows up entire fleets!" There are much sillier conceits in the Star Wars universe.

15. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004

Yeah. Some times all he needs to knows the species of the enemy commander and that's it.

16. Dameron

Dameron Jedi Master star 4

Apr 8, 2014

I think they'll walk carefully at first. If Disney wants to make its "The movies happened, the books happened, there are no levels" policy stand up, they need to figure out how to write books in such a way that we don't have mass bannings every time the next film is released. The new film in theaters telling some EU books "You're in my seat" is something that's been happening since before many of us were born, but always in the past, the levels of canon warned us that could happen. Thinking ahead, they're now representing that we'll be able to read a lot of novels between VII and VIII that will not be contradicted by VIII.

That means a lot of tight focus on single characters or small crews and some times and places being off limits to the EU. I expect we won't see many Tom Clancy-type storylines that cross-cut between the all the big players in big galactic events.

17. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
    Whenever the word Thrawn pops up, the first thing that comes to my mind is this.
    [​IMG]
    A guy painted blue is just not intimidating at all.

Mystery Roach and purplerain like this.
  18. Lord_Anzeroth

Mar 2, 2013
    How about a guy painted in Blue and have red eyes? :p

In any case, it is not his appearance that makes Thrawn terrifying, it his ingenuity and cunning.

Nevertheless, this picture gives me the chills everytime I look at it. They just nailed Thrawn's posture and look on his face.
    That's an original villain right there :p

[​IMG]

BigAl6ft6 and Force Smuggler like this.
  19. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
    I'm more intimidated by the Sam Elliott looking guy in the background. Sorry.

purplerain likes this.
  20. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    That would make Ruusan canon. Then they just have to canonize a certain other character :D

[​IMG]

21. Lord_Anzeroth

Mar 2, 2013
    Don't worry :p

We are all different and thus find different villains more or less suited to be villains (if that made any sense :p).

Also, the "Sam Elliot guy" is Gilad Palleaon :)

purplerain likes this.
  22. Lord_Anzeroth

Mar 2, 2013
    Qui-Gon is already canon, you silly :p

(irony)

23. ScorpionJedi

ScorpionJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2013
    The more I think about Revan and his back-story, I think he'd be better off in an expansive live-action TV series with the scope and scale Game of Thrones successfully accomplished only bigger with spaceships, lightsabers, aliens and the Force etc.

Just imagine Season 1(and maybe 2?) of KOTOR would be the Mandalorian Wars. We could see Revan as the central character with a supporting cast including Malak, Treia, The Exile, Carth Onasi, HK-47 and maybe other original characters as well as antagonists such as Mandalore The Ultimate and occasionally teasing The True Sith who'd show up much later.

Seasons 3 to 5 could be the Jedi Civil War where we could see Revan as the Dark Lord to the amnesiac we first saw in the first KOTOR game, and introducing the game cast including Bastilla, Mission, Zaalbar etc. Season 6 onward could time-jump forward to The Exile as the central character gathering a crew looking for Revan as the True Sith assemble for their invasion in a later season. Well I'll stop here as I'm getting carried away with this lol.

While I still have Game of Thrones on the brain, what do you all think of Richard Madden aka Robb Stark as Revan?
    [​IMG]

Anzeroth2112 and Fastback like this.
  24. Lord_Anzeroth

Mar 2, 2013

This.is.perfect!!!

I think you nailed it. If I wanted Revan to be reintroduced to the EU, that would be the way to do it.
    Now I'm gonna replay KOTOR again and re-read the novel. Too many feels :p

Fastback likes this.
  25. ScorpionJedi

ScorpionJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2013
    Only problem is that the budget for a show like this would be unimaginably huge that no studio in their right mind could pull off or want to even try, even if it has the Star Wars brand name slapped on it or if it says JJ Abrams is producing it or something. The average Game of Thrones episode is $6 million, I'd say the average episode might be $10-12 million unless someone smarter than me in this sort of thing can say otherwise. I mean it's the Star Wars Universe with all the features that come with it, especially the visual effects.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.