main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The Acolytes of Darkness v.2 - Welcome the new Dark Lady of the Sith!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by darth_nemisis, Apr 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    Ooh I like early promotions. :D:cool: *goes off to update signature*

aalagartassle likes this.
  2. aalagartassle

aalagartassle Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2011
  3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I would like a short discourse on what you consider to be a legitimate Sith and an illegitimate Sith and why.

4. aalagartassle

Jan 11, 2011
    As you wish master.

...and master, better change the banner of the AOD :p

5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Oh yes, apprentice. Perhaps I shall.

Or perhaps I shall elevate you above the mortal plane? Hmmm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Or you could hire that really awesome Mando to do it.

Has anyone seen him around lately? :p

[​IMG]

7. aalagartassle

Jan 11, 2011
    My elevation needs no special favours. It is to be earn't, the hard way. I will become the Sith I, and the AOD needs. It will take along time and I am prepared to have set backs and triumphs alike.

8. aalagartassle

Jan 11, 2011
    But I do know what your talking about ;)

Bazinga'd Note: Watch Double Posts please.

9. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    Darth Furio walks in the dark and silent citadel of the AoD and wonders if this so called "Sith Order" will rise again.

"The Jedi have risen Acolytes." Darth Furio yells while hearing only echos of his own voice. "Will you supposed Sith respond? Pathetic."

10. aalagartassle

Jan 11, 2011
    I suggest Furio your ire is what you wrought upon others at your last attempt. See the history, see your place.

I hope you have grown...

for your sake.

You hold your destiny in your own decisions.

If you come here to gloat

you fall into the same trap as your previous Febraysis master

Sinrebirth likes this.
  11. aalagartassle

Jan 11, 2011
    In umbris potestas est “ "In the shadows, there is power

I believe that there are many forms of legitimate Sith, whether it be from the rule of two, one or a brotherhood. I firmly believe in the ‘true Sith’ tenants and am guided by their aims and philosophy. Although there are many dark siders, beings that possess the Force and use it for their own means without control of themselves or for the purpose to control for interior purposes, there is a difference between what is a legitimate Sith or an illegitimate Sith. I even believe you can have two different Sith philosophies working at the same time, for example Darth Banes rule of Two ran on the same time line of the Lost tribe of the Sith.
    However, Nightsisters, dark Jedi, sorcerers of Tund and Rhand, Phrophets of the Dark side, mercosa, the black guards, Kro Uar shapers and others are not legitimate Sith. To be a legitimate Sith a Sith Master must formally acknowledge an apprentice into the Sith way, not just the dark arts. Ventress for example was a nightsister and or Dark Jedi but was never a true Sith in acknowledgement, Dooku was but a apprentice when he apprenticed her and therefore not a Master, therefore Ventress was not a legitimate Sith. Maul a nightbrother was a true Sith apprentice however, taken from the nightsisters to a Sith Lord is an effective way to cross pollinate to get into a True Sith. If a Sith Lord excepted it freely.
    Legitimacy comes from the Master. Legitimacy comes from the powerful. There are many diverse core tenants that the Sith believe, but for a True legitimate Sith it must be acted upon and used properly.

Baz Note: Second Warning. Watch double posts.

dragonsith13 likes this.
  12. dragonsith13

dragonsith13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2005
    Well done on keeping this going young Sith, well done indeed.

13. aalagartassle

Jan 11, 2011
    Thankyou dragon sith,
    I await my masters response Sinrebirth

14. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Interesting, Apprentice. A question for your thesis. If Ventress was an illegitimate Sith, what of situations where the legitimate chain is broken, such as with Lumiya, the Lost Tribe or Darth Krayt? Was the reborn Emperor a legitimate Sith?

Can legitimacy be reacquired?

15. dragonsith13

Apr 3, 2005
    You are welcome. The progression of apprenticeships and continued teaching is a necessary. Looking forward to observing and easing back into things here perhaps.

16. aalagartassle

Jan 11, 2011
    When the legitmate chain is broken a new order is in foundation. The Sith of Lumiya was self appointed as none could take the mantle, such also as Darth Krayt. Theses two destroyed factions that could have rose and taken the mantle. The lost tribe of the Sith order was not broken for milennia and has not been since. They are a form of Sith that exist within a doctrine. The Rule of one or two has not been lost, but just the attempt to usurp or prove who is True Sith has not been engaged.
    Was the Emeperor Reborn a true Sith, yes. It is apparent that it was the new faction that took the Sith of old away [Lumiya's apprentice] . It does take time for a showdown, but generally it will always happen.

Can Legitimacy be reaquired..
    Of course, if one is strong enough to take it and use it wisely.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  17. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Interesting perspective. I would argue that Lord Sidious lost the mantle when he could no longer hold it. His death at Endor was only avoided by the help of Marka Ragnos, who guided him back from Chaos. Equally, other Sith rose in his place and he did not strike them down. In-fact he allowed them to undo him... More concerningly for me, he allowed the Prophets to co-exist with him, another Sith faction.

Is co-existence possible for Sith without surrendering legitimacy?

18. aalagartassle

Jan 11, 2011
    Sidious wanted to end the rule of two, he had many Force users around him and utilized them very well. He consolidated and advanced his version of the Sith, though the rule of two was fracturing with Darth Plageius.
    I will need to think about your last question, straight off the bat I think not, but it is a question that needs more attention.

19. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    It is interesting in that each Plagueis and Sidious believed they could go beyond the Rule of Two. And also interesting that in doing so they undid themselves.

20. dragonsith13

Apr 3, 2005
    I've never heard anything regarding this... then again I have been out of circulation for a bit. Where are you reading/seeing this regarding Sidious and Palagueis?

21. aalagartassle

Jan 11, 2011
    It is found in the Novel Darth Plageius, and the book of the Sith.

22. dragonsith13

Apr 3, 2005
    If I might and in respect of the current masters of the forum... offer to lend my services.

23. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    Marka Ragnos?

This is new to me. I had thought Palps was guided back to life by the Sith spirits dwelling within the Great Temple, which did not include Ragnos...?

24. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    The lead Sith in Empire's End looks exactly like him, thus conjecture but there you go.

25. aalagartassle

Jan 11, 2011
    I await another warrior task Master Sinrebirth

And if I got any points for the last assignement?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.