main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

1. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    We'll see jcgoble3 ;)

Sent from a Galaxy far away via my comlink

jcgoble3 likes this.
  2. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    Why not just create a new position instead? :D

Also, I am seriously waiting for the first one of you to try playing 15 goalkeepers and just build a giant wall in the net.

Mainly because I hope you do it against Bakura so Glencross continually kick midfield points over the bar all game long. :p It'll be like a game of golf, but with a much bigger target. ;)

--EDIT--

Ack, forgot the hyperlink to the "new position". :p

jcgoble3 and CPL_Macja like this.
  3. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Been there, done that last season, Trieste ;)

Hm, a new formation. Looks like the Sens might have to pull out a few old formations this season as counterpunches. [face_whistling]

4. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010

Fixed Jedi Gunny! :p

Jedi Gunny likes this.
  5. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Absolutely brilliant, Vehn

Too bad the follow-up piece to that from Adanna's POV would probably be her hiding in a corner in the visitor's box sucking her thumb hoping that the beginning of her tenure as GM won't suck. :p

jcgoble3, Trieste and Vehn like this.
  6. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Hapes is relevant again! HOORAY! :D

7. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Good start for Hapes.

Not so much for the Senators.

Well, at least I can get a positive out of what otherwise is a **** gameday. :D

8. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    [​IMG]

The ladies are all right. They're all right. [face_laugh]

Way to go Hapes!

Tag: Jedi Gunny

Trieste and Jedi Gunny like this.
  9. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Yes, I remember the "Cheifs". In fact, a young Tendra got one of those balls IIRC. She might even still have it... ;)

And the Antilles Formation trumps the Lynd Formation, exactly as I had predicted. CPL_Macja :D

Assuming that we go with an end-of-season All-Star Game, the LFL season will begin next week. The announcement of the schedule, which will come later this week, should be assumed to take place IC a couple of months prior to the season.

10. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Vehn did you just force my hand into making Morgan Alesh have a really good day against the Smugglers? I think you did. :D

--EDIT--

jcgoble3 Let's go with end-of-season All-Star Game this season since that's easier for you.

Bardan_Jusik and jcgoble3 like this.
  11. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Given how this week went for me, the end of the season may not come quick enough. :p

12. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Actually, since someone raised the fact that an end-of-season ASG may not be that interesting, does it need to be a game? What if it would be more like college football All-Americans--an honorary "team" that never actually plays? Hollow honor or good idea so no one's playing a game where they could get accidentally injured?

13. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Honestly that would work for me. :p

[​IMG]

14. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Hollow honor, IMO. I'd rather see them play the game and show off their skills, show why they were selected. Plus, with the end-of-season game, there's less need to worry about injuries since you have the whole offseason to recover instead of just one week.

Runjedirun likes this.
  15. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I like the game, if nothing because it gives us something to post about.

And this is Limmie. Injuries apparently don't occur even when players beat the living crap out of each other.

16. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Never! :D

Since we're talking about All-Star Game changes, here's another idea I'll throw into the mix: going back to the 270 ASG scoring format where I do a score for each 15 minute segment. This would alleviate the chances of a blowout by one side and provide more of a storyline to post to. Just something to think about.

17. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I like the idea, but I'm just not sure how we'd implement it. Would all four quarters be posted on the same day? Because the offseason is already long enough as it is (too long, IMO), and adding several days of All-Star scores would push the Draft back even further.

18. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    I personally like the current length of the offseason. Rolling the ASG score in quarters would be great, as long as they are all posted simultaneously. The 270 game where they were posted one per week was a special case where we were trying to kill time on the temp boards.

19. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    To quote Tenel Ka, "Fact." I'd do all four scores in one day for the sake of time.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  20. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I definitely think we should play an all star game. Rolling 4 quarters would make the game and the write-up more interesting.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  21. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    I like having a game, for sure.

If the game is at the end of the season, when would voting happen?

Sent from my X-wing via R2-J6

22. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I think we'd likely do the nominations by Week 7 and voting by Week 8. That would give three more weeks than we currently give.

23. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    I'd like the All Star format to be like 270 but with a slight modification as four quarter scores posted simultaneously. And my vote goes to nominations Week 7 and voting Week 8.

Star Wars physics, anyone? :p

24. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Trieste likes this.
  25. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008

Now that I think about it, the NFL has the "All-Pro" team as well as the All-Stars, so we could have that as a hollow honor and the All-Stars for a game. That would take the best players at each position, so we'd have only eight All-Pros per season compared to 24 All-Stars . . .

And that gets me to thinking about other awards, kind of like what I do with the college season. Best Goalie, Best Interior Back, Best Exterior Back . . . stuff like that. Complicated, but do-able.

jcgoble3 likes this.