main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Obi-Wan in Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth Downunder, May 4, 2014.

1. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Here's the link: http://www.jedinews.co.uk/news/news.aspx?newsID=16647

Here's the content:

Obi-Wan Kenobi Is In Star Wars Rebels

Amid the fun and excitement derived from all the stories that have been posted over the past few days, one deserves to have its own dedicated post:
    Obi-Wan Kenobi is in Star Wars Rebels.
    [​IMG]
    The enlarged image shown above (apologies for the low quality) was taken from Dan's earlier Rebels Disney Store Hasbro Sneak Preview report and as you can clearly see, the description listed beneath the figure reads "Rebels Obi-Wan Kenobi." I think this is as close to an official confirmation as you can get without actually getting an official confirmation. If this is indeed true, it will be interesting to see if James Arnold Taylor continues his voice work for Obi-Wan as he did in The Clone Wars.

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    If there is substance in this report and he will be appearing... surely for him to get his own figure in that wave, he would need to be a prominent character?

3. Why_So_Serious

Why_So_Serious Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 27, 2013
    Kenobi should be on Tatooine. Much as I love our favorite Jedi Master's sarcastic wit and perpetually snarky attitude, he has a job to do that doesn't involve these kids or Lothal. He should stay where he is and, at most get a brief cameo or something. Not come out to face Vader or the like yet.

I swear to God, if Kenobi/Vader duels become the next Anakin/Dooku or Kenobi/Grievous duels...

4. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011
    I swear if he becomes an "I sometimes turn up to help when things get tough" character I will FUME

Twain, TrandoJedi, JackG and 2 others like this.
  5. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    If the Ghost crew go to Tatooine then no problem. Else-wise? No. If Obi-Wan and Vader duel? Then no! Emphatically no!

TrandoJedi, mes520, Revanfan1 and 2 others like this.
  6. Why_So_Serious

Why_So_Serious Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 27, 2013
    "I sense a presence. A presence I haven't felt since... last Tuesday, when he defended some group of kids from me and also we went out for burgers."

TrandoJedi, Dra---, TKT and 5 others like this.
  7. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Until there's actual confirmation of his appearance, Obi-Wan doesn't need his own thread. As of now, it's just a rumor. Please stick to the general Rebels thread for further discussion of the toy line.

EDIT: On further reflection, leaving this open, but retitling it, considering we have an Ahsoka in Rebels thread as well.

8. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    I think before we start to moan about this we should wait and see what capacity he plays in it IF he will be making an appearance. I always find waiting and seeing is the better thing to do when it comes to appearances.

Trebor Sabreon and Darkslayer like this.
  9. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    Exactly. I have enough faith in the group to not have Obi-Wan going out with the Rebels on adventures and fighting Vader. I'm sure if anything it will be an arc where we have Kanan and Ezra looking for Jedi to join up with or something. They find Obi-Wan or he reaches out to them and tells them to go into hiding or something along those lines etc. Maybe he teaches them a little bit, maybe he makes Kanan a Jedi Knight for his accomplishments or something along those lines. Who knows? If not that, maybe an episode or two just starring Obi and having an adventure on Tatooine.

Trebor Sabreon, Cevan and Revanfan1 like this.
  10. WampaSwamp

WampaSwamp Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 27, 2011
    I'm thinking that the Ghost crew probably stops by at Mos Eisley and meet Obi wan there, though probably don't know who he really is.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  11. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    If the opening of the ROTS novelization has any canonicity (is that a word? who cares) to it at all, that wouldn't work. Anakin and Obi-Wan were the most famous Jedi of the war.

Unless Obi-Wan is really well-disguised and Kanan can't sense him through the Force.

I'm hoping any Obi-Wan appearance is a brief cameo and that he doesn't meet either Ezra or Kanan. And definitely not Vader.

gmiller2233, QuangoFett and Revanfan1 like this.
  12. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    14 years later though? And being on Tatooine? I highly doubt that they would recognize him.
    Still a cool scene in ROTS though.

13. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    An episode where Sabine's down in the dumps, feels like quitting, and she runs into Obi-Wan and he convinces her to stick to it? Now that I say it...that's pretty corny. :p

In all honesty I'd prefer it be a brief appearance, in a holo-call with Bail Organa or something.

14. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm thinking if his role is enough to get him a Rebels figure, then he must appear a few times or be a semi-regular. But this is all exposition of a poster. And for all we know, we could all be reading it wrongly.

15. SeinEwigerSchatten

SeinEwigerSchatten Jedi Padawan star 1

May 10, 2013
    Oh cool that someone mentions Obi-Wan.

With OT there was no problem when Obi and Vader met on the Deathstar. Vader was relaxed and cool. No problem, he just met his old master once again.

But with the PT nonsense, i must ask Mr. Lucas the following question, "Why is Vader so relaxed to see the man who turned him into a cripple and pushed him into a life full of pain?"

[​IMG]

16. PMT99

PMT99 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 23, 2000
    Deep down, Vader knows that it's his OWN fault that Obi-wan made him a cripple because he ignored Obi-wan's warning to "not try" to jump after him. Vader also knows that it's his OWN fault that he's living a life full of pain since he foolishly believed all of PalpSidious's lies and it cost him everything including Padme, Luke, and Leia. Too bad Vader is unwilling to accept responsibility for his actions because like a spoiled brat, he blames other people for his mistakes when the only people he should really blame is himself and PalpSidious. The real question you should be asking Lucas is: Why is Vader still serving PalpSidious even after realizing that the whole "dark side can save Padme" nonsense is all a lie?

17. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I had the idea in the 80s that Vaderkin fell into lava during a duel with Obi-Wan.

Trebor Sabreon and Jedi_Kenobi32 like this.
  18. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    They won't make Obi-Wan duel Vader, it is clearly stated in ANH that Vader hasn't sensed him since the duel. I wouldn't mind Obi-Wan making a few appearances now and then, I'm sure he wasn't just sitting around Tatooine for 20 years. Just don't make him a semi-regular or someone who appears each season.

gmiller2233 likes this.
  19. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    The ANH statement wouldn't stop them from making Obi-Wan duel Vader. Not under the old rules. Hopefully this show does have more respect for what we know from the films.

TrandoJedi likes this.
  20. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    SOMEONE SHOULD HAVE TAUGHT JUDE WATSON THIS.
    "Sure Ferus, I can help you; it's not like I'm supposed to be looking after the son of the Chosen One on a dangerous and nigh-inhospitable planet or anything."

TrandoJedi, Revanfan1 and Togruta like this.
  21. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Maybe we'll see him secretly meeting with Rebels in shady locations in Anchorhead & Mos Eisley. Also perhaps communicating via holgram.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  22. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Who knows what this will end up being, if it happens. However, we should all be prepared for Rebels and the ST to retcon the OT; we should prepare to have our perceptions changed, and we should be open to them changing. But hopefully when the retcons do happen, they're worth it. I'm sure the writers would love to concoct a legit reason to bring such a great character in.

And anyway -- I hate the idea that Obi-Wan and Yoda simply gave up during the years between ROTS and ANH. Sure, maybe Kenobi thought his main duty was watching over Luke, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't occasionally help pockets of resistance when he could.

Oh wait, I'm supposed to believe Yoda and Obi-Wan just sort of symbolically died like Padme died when Anakin and the Empire took power. Sure.

23. AdmiralScreedFan

AdmiralScreedFan Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2014
    Is the picture of Rebels Obi-Wan real or is it fan-made? I hope it is real! I would really like to see Obi-Wan on the Rebels show!

24. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Under no circumstances should Vader or Obi-Wan meet; in fact, Obi-Wan cannot encounter the rebellion, either. It would undermine ANH. He's meant to be in exile and Episode IV is when he becomes active in the rebellion. Anything prior to that undermines the whole PT.

Of course, there is nothing stopping Rebels briefly showing how Obi-Wan was watching over Luke. But that's it.

25. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

It's real as it was a photograph taken at a toy stand for Hasbro.

I don't think Obi-Wan encountering a small group of people who are rebelling against the Empire would count as Obi-Wan encountering the Rebellion. So it would not undermine ANH, however he clearly does have knowledge of a Rebellion against the Empire however so he must come by that knowledge in some way that people are starting to fight back.