main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Could Dooku issue Order 66?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Vialco, May 2, 2014.

1. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Tarkin was originally supposed to shoot Sobeck?

2. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    Yup. It's in the featurette for Citadel Rescue.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  3. The Shadow Collective

The Shadow Collective Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 21, 2013

Yeah but since then we've seen that some of the clones do have close relationships with the Jedi, evident from Rex and Ankain, and even in ROTS you see Obi-Wan & Cody are quite close. There are probably other Jedi from The Clone Wars i'm forgetting that were close to the clones as well. I'm sure the point was even elaborated on in one of the earlier seasons of The Clone Wars that it was because everyone just looked at the clones as just that: Clones, not even people, they were just cannon fodder, there to mindlessly fight a war and be killed if necessary, they were just numbers. But the Jedi treated them as individuals and gave them their own names and showed that each individual life meant something to them, that's why they came to respect and appreciate the Jedi.

Perhaps he only contacted specific Clone Commanders directly in person, possibly the ones whom were alongside the Jedi he considered the most dangers/important to eliminate - to make sure the message was properly delivered. After all I would assume that he considered Obi-Wan & Yoda the most important Jedi of all to be eliminated, and Gree was with Yoda & Cody was with Obi-Wan. Plus we see him appear holographically in the starship that shoots down Plo Koon as well, so there were likely other Jedi at the top of his list - likely other masters.

4. SeinEwigerSchatten

SeinEwigerSchatten Jedi Padawan star 1

May 10, 2013

Yep and than Mr. Feloni decided that it would be a fun to see Ahsoka save the day one more time by backstabbing Sobeck "Force unleashed style". Oh yeah!

[​IMG]

purplerain likes this.
  5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Nah, Force Unleased style would be lifting him in the air, zapping him with lighting, and then stabbing him with her lightsaber before slamming him into the surrounding lava. :cool:

6. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Agreed, the clones are not acting trance/brainwashed like in that video. And Palpatine's mentioning, "the time has come" perhaps means that Cody knew about Order 66 all along.

I do miss the days in when the clones actually made a choice to commit a horrible evil......

7. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    My theory is that Sidious contacted Cody personally, as a little bit of revenge against Obi-Wan, and recorded the transmission, which he then mass broadcast to every single Republic military group. As for the clones hearing it, what we see in the films is that the clones hear Darth Sidious say "Execute Order 66" and their inhibitor chips immediately activate and they go into Kill Jedi mode. The clones just need to hear Sidious say the key phrase and their programming activates. So all the clones probably hear Sidious say that key phrase,neither via hologram or just audio transmission into their helmets. As soon as they hear "Execute Order 66" spoken by Darth Sidious, they are compelled to kill the Jedi. And since every clone has that chip implanted in them at a very early age, there's no way for them to resist, making Order 66 extremely effective.

8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Quoted because I can't "like" it twice.

I hate ROTS anyway but ruining a good, chills-up-the-spine scene made it that much worse.

I wonder if all the inhibitor chips came in a box labelled "cop out".

rdhight likes this.
  9. Couq-DK

Couq-DK Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 16, 2014
    Well, GL idea with TCW was partly to show the more human side of the clones to the audience, which he failed in the movies. To allow them to pick the option to do the horrible deed would ruin all what GL wanted for the TCW show, so he gave them no choice in the matter. I would see the movies as the story of Anakin, while the clones' story should be that showed in TCW.

10. Dameron

Dameron Jedi Master star 4

Apr 8, 2014

THEN WHY DID IT MAKE THE CLONES' STORY SO MUCH WORSE?! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  11. Couq-DK

Couq-DK Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 16, 2014
    That's your opinion, I don't share it.

And kind reminder, you might wish to quit the capslock it makes it really hard to read your replies.

12. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    He had already picked the option of having them do the horrible deed in the movies.

Backtracking on that, retconning the plot for the purpose of clone character showcasing, was stupid.

I assumed that the idea of TCW show was to demonstrate what happened throughout the galaxy during the time frame between AOTC and ROTS. It makes sense that certain aspects of the overall story were hinted at in the films but not elaborated upon until the show, such as Obi-Wan and Anakin's friendship.

It does not make sense to completely retcon what we saw in the films because Lucas wanted to make characters look good when they did not in the films. And as the clip above showed, there was no brainwashing.

Want the clones to be good guys from start to finish? Should have thought of that while making ROTS, George. The last time you were able to retcon your own story without the retcon looking stupid was 1980.

TrandoJedi likes this.
  13. SeinEwigerSchatten

May 10, 2013
    Lucas was a good director. But a horrible writer. Non of his stories make sense.

TESB was written from somebody else and it is the best of the OT.

ANH is a random young hero saves world story. Heavily influenced from Flash Gordon. Only the new effects and the surroundings (created from artists like Ralph MacQuarie.) + The Music created from John Williams makes it so great. The space opera feeling.

Todd EDIT: Unnecessary.

14. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    SeinEwigerSchatten I'm getting a little tired of all your drive-by PT bashing, since I'm also seeing some Rebels and Lucas bashing alongside it. It's like the old saying, "If you have nothing nice to say, you're better off not saying anything at all". Keep that saying in mind, or you'll see some time off from the boards.

15. SeinEwigerSchatten

May 10, 2013
    Mod edit: Not acceptable

16. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    The Order 66 sequence from Ep. III is not inconsistent with TCW's Order 66 arc at all. TCW's Order 66 arc depicts what can happen when the inhibitor chip malfunctions, while in the film we see it functioning properly. Important difference.

Vialco and The Shadow Emperor like this.
  17. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    This has been discussed several times and the bottom line is this:

I don't like the idea that "it's not inconsistent if one looks at this explanation or this point if view."

I want any post-2005 depictions of Order 66 to mesh exactly with what I saw in ROTS, period, without explanation.

I don't want to be told to view the scene differently due to "new information". I liked the information I already had just fine.

And "new information that makes the viewer watch the scene differently" and "retcon" is just potay- toe, potah-toe to me.

Especially given the reasoning behind this change. Those of us who thought the clones voluntarily turning on the Jedi made a great story, can't be expected to enjoy a revised version with "oops, they actually didn't do that" added.

18. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Let's just hope that Order 66 doesn't turn into the multiple find the Death Star Plans or Vader finds out Luke's identity.

19. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    If Ahsoka finds the Death Star plans, you all will need an asterix translator for my ensuing posts.

TrandoJedi and Revanfan1 like this.
  20. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Unless I colossally misunderstood what the arc was showing, the Kaminoans were lying when they said these chips inhibited the independence of the clones and made them follow orders. Thus I don't understand why they are still being referred to as "inhibitor chips." The only thing these chips seemed to do is trigger - by whatever means - anti-Jedi sentiment in the clones. to the point of wanting to kill them on sight.

EDIT: I guess I did kind of assert that they aren't inhibitor chips, but then follow up explaining how they are inhibitor chips, but I find it counter-intuitive to call something an inhibitor chip when it inhibits independence, but only on a single order.

Instead of obeying any order without question, it is only a single order that they must obey. Seems more like a compulsion chip or something.

21. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I'm not asking you to look at my personal explanation or point of view. It is a fact about what is presented to the audience that TCW's Order 66 arc depicts what can happen when the inhibitor chip malfunctions, while in the film we see it functioning properly. That is an important part of the story they present, not something that needs to be added by personal explanation afterward, so it does mesh perfectly with Ep. III with zero further explanation required.

22. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    It was an addition to the story that was absolutely not needed.

Order 66 in ROTS worked just fine with no additions whatsoever. There was nothing wrong with having the clones obey Order 66 because they obey orders.

23. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    In your opinion, perhaps. I, for one was always curious about how the clones turn on the Jedi at the drop of a hat. The addition of these biochips was the perfect answer, in my opinion. TCW shows the clones and Jedi as friendly and comrades in arms. The fact that the clones had a chip in their brains that compelled them to turn on the Jedi makes it much more believable. Plus, the fact that every clone had this chip implanted in them, makes it impossible for any or them resist Order 66, making it the perfect tool to destroy the Jedi.

24. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    What about the idea that they were genetically modified to obey any order, and they got an order?

That's all the explanation I ever needed. The clones were not like you or I. They were genetically modified not to be. That was kind of the point.

Revanfan1 and Force Smuggler like this.
  25. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Experiences might impact things a little bit but the chips feel like nitpicking details to the N-th degree.