main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Official Sequel Trilogy / Legends / Expanded Universe discussion thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by YoureNotJonesy, Nov 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fastback

Fastback Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 12, 2014
    I would love to see a Star Wars tv series set up like game of thrones. You already have Disney who has the networks, money and power to set it up like Marvels Shield. I would love to see a KOTOR or TOR tv series.

Anzeroth2112 likes this.
  2. ScorpionJedi

ScorpionJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2013
    Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. isn't exactly the best example...

3. Fastback

Fastback Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 12, 2014
    ^ Yea it has not lived up to what we thought it would be but has gotten better lately but Disney has showed that it can and will support big block movie like avengers with a tv series. I can see them doing that with Star Wars because there is so much to come out of Star Wars that a Trilogy can't do all of it.

TKT and Ryus like this.
  4. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003

that's not irony. that's sarcasm.

5. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002

6. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    stil not irony.

7. Jair Crawford

Jair Crawford Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 3, 2012
    Great idea. Although I would start season 1 with the Amnesiac Revan, and then go back to the beginning in the next season. To preserve the surprise.

Anzeroth2112 likes this.
  8. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010
    Let's just agree that Revan, Thrawn, Kyle Katarn and Bane have to come back. Maybe that will stop all the: "Haha, the EU is dead, serves you right for liking all that stuffXD" comments from the so called "true fans".

9. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Filming season 1 with amnesiac Revan to preserve the surprise then flashing back (from Bastilla, Carths, & Cancerous POV and fake memories of Revan's too fool the audience with) to the war is a horrible idea since it would take many seasons to get back to the present. Better to film it like Arrow with 20% of almost every episode set in the past, so you train the audience to love both time periods. Still start season 1 with amnesiac Revan but thankfully due to Revan's mask in the past (throw in masked voice) no one not already in the know will see it coming. After the reveal set season 2 up with way more flashbacks that show Revan w/o the mask and slowly start having Revan regain his true memories as he goes to Korriban (Moraband or whatever still sounds dumb) so he can use those memories to free Bastilla while having visions of her falling to the dark side due to endless torture so you have that nice synergy between the stories characters with Bastilla now following Revan's old path but Revan breaking free of his but while the events of it play out in his mind.

Setup Kotor II closer to I with more actor crossover so they tie into each other better... And so dropped the 300 time gap between those and SWTOR since losing almost all the actors just due to a time jump would kill the viewership. Maybe even have the surviving cast of the first few seasons training the TOR cast, so 15ish year time jump max...

10. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010
    Or have about we don't retcon out the 3000 year old past anyway. I doubt Disney will need that time period.

11. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    [​IMG]

TKT likes this.
  12. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    When the True Sith do show up, they better be de-OTized. I think that the bendu symbol and Vitiate are worse than Moraband.

13. Vastor

Vastor Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Actually i can see Sam Witwer as Revan, just imagine

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121211220520/starwars/images/6/6b/RevanTOR001.jpg
    [​IMG]

14. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

Back in 2011, Lucas was talking about working on a way to make a big budgeted film and television series work on a smaller budget. Taking something that would cost $180 million and getting it down to a more reasonable number like $90 million, but still have the quality that's found in a higher budget film. He said that was the hurdle that was keeping the live action film in limbo.

15. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012

Yeah, that is interesting because the novels and comics have to tapdance even more delicately around what the movies might or might not do. But the basic framework of "what happened in the last 30 years" will be established in Episode 7. Probably the novels and comics will get like a "birth of Han & Leia's daughter" story, with maybe some nods to the Thrawn Trilogy or maybe something like "What Luke did literally the first year after ROTJ." Things that wouldn't seem like Disney would flat-out make a movie about but interesting reference points that will emerge in Episode 7. Gaps in the Ep. 6 to Ep. 7 will probably be filled in but not every single moment, the post ROTJ EU didn't have many gaps. There were gaps, but I'm assuming the new post ROTJ era that emerges from the ST will have many wider ones with small, intense, moments of focus at certain reference points.

Krueger likes this.
  16. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    What Lucas implied was a "Great Sith Purge" in which the Jedi hunted down Sith. It would be an interesting parallel to the Great Jedi Purge.

17. Smile_youS.O.B

Smile_youS.O.B Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2014
    As Revan is one of my favorite Sith Lords as well as Star Wars Characters, I'd welcome his story being told again. At least I still have the books and collectibles.

18. ScorpionJedi

ScorpionJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2013
    Darth Bane's fine as far as I know

19. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    I actually think that TOR would work better as a different universe from the movies because that would free it from a predetermined ending. People on swtor.com have complained about the predetermined ending.

Ryus likes this.
  20. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    It should have avoid a predetmined beginning too and been something original (like how a mere 40 years seperated Exar Kun and Revan but they where far removed plot wise, however 300 years seperated the kotors and TOR yet they tried to make TOR kotor 3-527) and we should have gotten a single player KotOR 3 that completed Revan and Exile's story seperately.

Jair Crawford and purplerain like this.
  21. Nak

Nak Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2014
    The star ships in star wars as always been a big part of the experience for me, and I'm pretty curious as to how JJ is going to approach this. In Star Trek he re-imaged the ships to give them a more "modern" aesthetic and I wonder how much of the original designs he'll retain. Or, given the time gap and how much change has taken place during that time, if we'll see mostly new designs for big space battles. Unfortunately, I'm not really expecting much love for the EU ships, I don't think we'll be seeing any of the other TIE variants, or New Republic fighters.

TheBBP likes this.
  22. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Definitely the starship design is going to move away from the "smooth line" PT aesthetic towards the more clunky OT designs under JJ's direction.

TIE Defender is a sweet design, that might be stolen. Once again, the overall point is all the LEU content is still there, I'm sure we'll see bits and pieces of it pop up.

TKT and Ryus like this.
  23. I know

I know Jedi Knight star 3

May 4, 2014
    I'm sure the Disney top brass are already thinking four steps ahead so, what happens to this new young trio in the trilogy after this one?

Can you really see them only making three new movies? They won't be waiting another 30 years to do another trilogy. Who will they pass the torch to? Will we have more than 3 movies starring the same actors. In a similar way that Marvel Has movies planned until 2028, did Lucas lay out a road map for several trilogies to follow thus one?

So many questions ...

24. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Well Personally a KOTOR Trilogy would be nice. But yeah be interesting where they go next trilogy wise.

25. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    I would expect TIE Fighters to become much safer without Palpatine. The unsafety of TIE Fighters seems to reflect Palpatine's priorities.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.