main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Star Wars Omnibus/Graphic Novels Kindle Sale

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Zorkel567, May 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zorkel567

Zorkel567 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2010
    Dr. Steve Brule and Gorefiend like this.
  2. BoromirsFan

BoromirsFan Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2010
    Tempting yes, but I prefer dark horse digital because you can read the stuff over desktop and iphones, etc.

My dads kindle won't even load the darn DH app.

GrandAdmiralJello likes this.
  3. Riven_JTAC

Riven_JTAC Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2011
    Other than the Kindle stuff, there are a lot of great deals today for Star Wars stuff. I'm currently in the process of dropping a lot more money than I expected to spend today (which was approximately $0 when I woke up).

I'm grabbing Blueprints for $45, the BluRay boxset of the Family Guy parodies, and a Storm Trooper Academy shirt (yeah, should be one word, but I don't care... I like the design).

4. Zorkel567

Jan 20, 2010
    I know some people prefer Dark Horse's digital site, but I figured since the omnibuses were less than half of Dark Horse's price ($3.99 vs $7.99/$9.99), I would make sure people were aware.

With Dark Horse losing the liscence come end of the year, I bought both Wild Space omnibuses, Droids/Ewoks, and the five A Long Time Ago ones digitally. The others inthe sale I have in print. I only have the first A Long Time Ago one, the others I didn't own so I figured I would scoop them up.

Now to decide wether or not to go for the Legacy trades...

5. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    Yeah, thanks for that. I picked up all five of the Long, Long Time Ago books, and the two Rogue Squadron ones they've got. A lot of their other stories are on sale as well, I picked up Darth Vader and the Ghost Prison for $1.99.

6. johnboy3441

johnboy3441 Jedi Master star 1

Aug 14, 2007
    Wait, the Kindle can read graphic novels? I never knew that. Does it have to be one of the "Fire" models?

7. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    Dunno. I read mine on my NookHD+, which happens to support the Kindle app. 8-}

8. Zorkel567

Jan 20, 2010
    I think you can load them onto a regular Kindle, but they'd be black and white, and I doubt easy to read, though never tried it. I read them on my Kindle Fire.

9. yodafan1031

yodafan1031 Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 15, 2014
    I would imagine so. Though I have no experience with the paperwhite, I was under the impression that it didn't load pics in the book itself.

10. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    The second Blood Ties was never released as a single volume in print, was it?

11. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Yeah, I'd normally be all over a $1.99 deal and I love kindle, but I am unsure about how it'll work for graphic novels. There's a PC and phone app that could do colors just fine, but I imagine it's a lot of pinch-zooming? I prefer Dark Horse Digital's panel-zoom function. DH Digital is a lot more expensive though but eh... I'll support DH directly anyway, esp. if they have the better app.

12. Mind Riot

Mind Riot Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 25, 2013
    Boba Fett is Dead? It was collected as a TPB awhile back. Reasonable price on Amazon, too.

13. Zorkel567

Jan 20, 2010
    I just tested out my Kindle Keyboard, and the omnibuses work on it fine. Black and white, but it goes panel by panel so you can read it fine.

14. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    The Kindle app works fine on my iPad, I've bought a few TPBs from Amazon, depending on the price. And with those prices, I'm tempted to go on a buying spree. It maybe doesn't look quite as good as in the Dark Horse native app, but close enough for me.

By the way, was Amazon allowed to keep selling Dark Horse Star Wars comics by next year? I know Dark Horse can't, and they'll stop printing physical copies of their comics by the end of the year, same with their digital store, but not sure about other places like Amazon.

15. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    I think the requirement is DHC stop printing but booksellers are allowed to sell the stick they've bought, they just won't be to re-stock a DHC item.

16. BoromirsFan

May 16, 2010
    get the legacy hardover omnibuses

Also, I may be wrong but I think Dark Horse might still have a small amount of time in 2015 to dump their already printed stock to stores or whatever.

Force Smuggler and Jedi Ben like this.
  17. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Heed this counsel, Zorkel you should.

mes520 likes this.
  18. Orman Tagge

Orman Tagge Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2014
    Really...? Oh dear, off to Amazon I go. Dark Times or at War with the Empire now?

19. Orman Tagge

Apr 10, 2014
    I shall second this great wisdom. The Legacy hardcovers are truly wonderful. Like the mind of a child.

BoromirsFan likes this.
  20. BoromirsFan

May 16, 2010
    well Theirs one more Dark Times omnibus on the way. So there are AWWTE volume 1 and 2 and DT volume 1 and 2.

I say get both if you can.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  21. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    You do have just under 7 months to get everything on your hit list you know?

EDIT: Can't yet give a final opinion on Dark Times, need that final trade, hopefully get it in the next 1-2 weeks.

EDIT 2: For anyone who buys or has the Legacy hardbacks (or trades) for Volume I, do not forget about the Volume II quartet. (V1 out now, V2 due this month, V3 August, V4 November).

22. Orman Tagge

Apr 10, 2014
    Are there TPB's for Dark Times that go beyond the second omnibus? And is Legacy II supposed to be wrapped up neatly, or was it messed up by the loss of license?

23. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    No, Dark Times Omnibus 2 collects volumes 5-7, there are no more.

It is hoped the writers of Legacy Volume II have had sufficient time to be able to wrap it up well, we'll know for certain in 3 months.

24. BoromirsFan

May 16, 2010
    [​IMG]

25. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Not following Boromir - unless you're trying to encourage the others?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.