main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    It continues to puzzle me that they never went back for a sequel or anything else like it beyond Empire at War. Even with whatever bizarre thing passed for their production strategy, you'd think they'd leap on the chance to slap the Star Wars label on something as relatively inexpensive to make as a strategy game.

AdmiralNick22 likes this.
  2. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    If Disney makes a sequel to Rebellion set during the post-Endor era, I will name my first son Mickey. Come on, Disney, male me do it! :p

--Adm. Nick

GrandAdmiralJello likes this.
  3. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    I SAW THE HOLIDAY SPECIAL WHEN IT WAS BROADCAST ON TV.

:p

AdmiralNick22 and CooperTFN like this.
  4. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Well, speaking of friends who like SW, it's weird. When Rebellion came out, I had maybe one other friend who was into the EU as much as I was, and a couple of casuals. The rest of my friends rather ostentatiously didn't care for Star Wars.

But everyone loved Rebellion. It was so popular among my friends, that it wasn't clear to me until I had a big online presence that Rebellion was perceived as a massive failure. It's always been odd to me because everyone I know who actually bothered to play the damn thing has always thought of it fondly, to this very day.

All I have to do is mention the game to people, and they're like "man, I wish it still worked on modern Windows" to which I can make their day by telling them it does. :p

EaW was sadly disappointing. Visually pretty space battles -- which was Rebellion's weakest point -- but really boring ground missions, and no real strategy. You just build things to fight and fight and fight some more. Boooring.

5. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    yeah but ur old so it doesn't count

CooperTFN likes this.
  6. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    I agree on the main game, but Forces of Corruption was actually pretty fun (and just one of the endless parade of Lucasarts Never-Resolved Cliffhangers).

Hey, I was only six...

... alright, fine, I'm old. :(

7. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Me, I am a history student with a speciality in Swedish and Slavic history. I have also gone courses in Finnish-, Film-, African- and North Americas Indian history.

MercenaryAce and Findswoman like this.
  8. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    "Where did you dig up that old fossil?"

Ulicus likes this.
  9. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    GAH some of these nested quotes get a bit crazy when they
    l
    o
    o
    k

l
    i
    k
    e

t
    h
    i
    s

10. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    TrakNar, what kind of device are you reading the forums on? I saw the same thing when reading the forum on my iPhone thanks to the little bitty narrow screen, but here on my laptop it looks normal again.

11. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    iPad. On my laptop screen, the nested quotes look fine.

12. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    Hopefully I've aged better than Obi-Wan...

13. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Lots of historians here! I wonder what (if anything) to make of this very interesting confluence or coincidence or whatever you want to call it.

14. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I hear you.

blackmyron likes this.
  15. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    wow u could be my dad practically

16. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm his age.

I have a 9-year-old. That means I'm only old enough to have a 9-year-old. And 9-year-olds can't post here. I'm not old enough to be anyone here's mother. [face_not_talking]

17. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Current high school freshman have lived their entire lives in the time I've been a member of this board.

18. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    I went to school when people were upset about Chewie being dead. Now I have a cool hat to show that I am a technical student and people are upset about Chewie being alive.

19. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    A theory what the big reveal in the Old Republic will be

[​IMG]

20. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    In my experience there's no such thing as luck.

Sent from a loaner phone with horrid autocorrect. Expect lots of errors.

21. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    I went to school when...oh, wait, I don't graduate for another two weeks. [face_laugh]

22. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    So you're.. older?

Revanfan1 likes this.
  23. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014

Exactly why I am wondering what to make of it. :)

24. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    CONSPIRACY!

25. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Well, what's history? Reading a bunch of textual sources and trying to form a continuous narrative from them while explaining contradictions and having debates over which sources really count and which sources don't.

Sound familiar? :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.