main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Spider-Man & SSU Films (Madame Web, Venom 3, Kraven, Beyond the Spider-Verse)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Spiderfan, May 20, 2008.

1. Moviefan2k4

Moviefan2k4 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2009
    I heard it was Avi Arad who pressured Raimi to include Venom, not the Sony execs.

Yeah, it was done way too quickly.

2. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

Electro looks like Mr. Freeze from Batman and Robin

I thought Goblin looked way like a Goblin than Dafoe's and Francos version

3. anidanami124

anidanami124 Jedi Master star 6

Aug 24, 2002
    Cough Two-Face from TDK cough

Any one who says that GG was brought in to fast and were just fine with Two-Face in TDK...oh heck any one that say that and forgets about Two-face from TDK can no longer bring it up. If it was bad here then it was bad in TDK. And no saying well TDK was better so they could do it.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  4. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Doesn't work like that. Entirely different films. Anyway, from what I'm reading, DeHaan is one of the few bright points for this film - debating whether or not to see it today.

Ezio Skywalker and Moviefan2k4 like this.
  5. anidanami124

anidanami124 Jedi Master star 6

Aug 24, 2002
    You can't say this movie had to much and then not say that The Dark Knight did not have to much. You can do that. If that mean I have to take The Dark Knight down a few pegs I will.

6. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    People who hate on Electro's look - would you really rather have had the green spandex starfish head version? Ultimate Electro is what the movie version is bad on, and I thought he looked OK (Dr Manhattan references notwithstanding)

7. Volderon

Volderon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2007
    Do it! It was the exact opposite of TWS for me. Everyone was like, "Oh TWS is like TDK its awesome!" I saw it, wasn't a big deal at all, wasn't too impressed. Everyone was saying ASM2 was crap, saw it, loved it. The characters really drive this movie and Garfield is a great Spider-Man, he's just "got it."

darthcaedus1138 and heels1785 like this.
  8. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Nothing Marvel has done has even remotely approached TDK.

But I can see your point, Volderon - I did like TWS, and I liked the first Garfield Spidey movie quite a bit. Prolly will check it out.

Ezio Skywalker likes this.
  9. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Saw it last night and really enjoyed it. Can't say the same about the first one, so that's definitely an improvement. Didn't think it was too crowded or anything, and Electro looked pretty good, miles above Lizard.

10. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005
    Yeah, I'm not sure what people are complaining about. Goblin's arc moved very naturally through the film and his appearance in the climax didn't feel shoe-horned in the slightest. And Electro looked awesome. Yes, he looked like a cross between Dr. Manhattan and Emperor Palpatine when he just came out, but I really dug the final look and at least his appearance wasn't campy and stupid--like the "real" (non-Ultimate universe) Electro.

11. Moviefan2k4

Moviefan2k4 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2009
    The comic-book version of Electro looks like a boss from an NES "Mega Man" game...just sayin'. :)

12. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

Two-Face wasn't portrayed as a villain in TDK. He was treated as the end result of the actions taken by everyone in the film and was only seeking dark justice for what happened to him. For all that he suffered for simply wanting to do good. This is different from ASM 2 where everyone is a villain and there's no moral gray area. Harry is only evil because he wants to live. Electro is obsessed fanboy #8674. Rhino is just a distraction to start and end the film on. Harvey was just the co-star of TDK and it shows.

No, he should look like this...

[​IMG]

No blue, electric skin. No mask. Just a guy wearing a costume with electricity coursing up and down his body.

Ezio Skywalker and Draconarius like this.
  13. SithSense

SithSense Force Ghost star 4

Sep 29, 2002

bingo.

14. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    I've just realized that all this time, I was expecting Jamie Foxx to play Electro.

15. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I'm wondering, given the characters introduced in ASM2 could we see Spider-Slayers in the next movie?

16. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    Err, crap. I thought Jamie Foxx was going to be the Shocker.

Why does Spiderman have two villains with the exact same powers, anyway?

17. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    $92 million domestic opening weekend. Worldwide sales are good. A bit behind Spidey 3, which opened on the same weekend. Ahead of Thor 2.

18. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    The Shocker uses vibrations as a weapon, not electricity. Please familiarize yourself with Spider-Man comics so you can complain with more authority.

19. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Can anyone explain to me where Electro got his clothes from in the movie? First he had shorts then a full suit. Is he like Elsa in Frozen where instead of making clothes with ice he made clothes with electricity?

20. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005
    If you accept the notion that he can completely disassemble and reconstruct himself as he did during the Ravencroft breakout, it's not a huge leap to conclude that he can decide how he will look when he reconstructs himself.

21. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Seeing this on Thursday in order to celebrate the completion of my capstone.

22. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    What, really? So why is he called "Shocker?" Huh. My main reference is from the Spider-Man cartoon, where I recall that the powers were explicitly electrical. My bad.

23. SithSense

SithSense Force Ghost star 4

Sep 29, 2002

- calls himself 'shocker'
    - attacks with powerful vibrations
    - wears a gimp suit

*snicker*

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  24. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Because his weapons are vibro-shock guns, and because "The Vibrator" is not a good super-villain name for a kids' comic.

25. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    What what you guys rank the Spider-Man films?

Mine would be

Spider-Man 2
    Spider-Man
    The Amazing Spider-Man 2
    The Amazing Spider-Man
    Spider-Man 3