main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Obi-Wan in Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth Downunder, May 4, 2014.

1. SeinEwigerSchatten

SeinEwigerSchatten Jedi Padawan star 1

May 10, 2013
    Mr. Feloni does not care about ANH. Maybe he will take ANH and replace Luke with Ahsoka Tano.

:)

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
  3. SeinEwigerSchatten

May 10, 2013
  4. SeinEwigerSchatten

May 10, 2013
    I constantly lol-ed as i did this.

Darkslayer likes this.
  5. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    It's all fun and games until Filoni tries to get it implemented. :p

6. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    "Years ago you served my father in the Clone Wars...and last week with my buddy Ezra in the Raid on Toprawa." :p

7. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    That's beautiful . . . But I'd change one detail.

Ahsoka Tano IS Luke's father. Yes that means what you think it means.

8. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Making fun of Ahsoka again?

Typical.......

9. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    He's not in exile, Yoda is. He agreed to live on Tatooine to watch over Luke. I'm sure he's laying low to avoid attention. As far as he knows, or thinks he knows, is that he defeated Anakin and left him to die.

About Obi-wan from ANH:
    Luke: He's kind of a strange old hermit.
    hermit - a person who lives, to some degree, in seclusion from society

Owen: That wizard is just a crazy old man.
    wizard - a person who practices magic; magician or sorcerer

So he remains secluded from society to keep a low profile. Also, he must have done something in the years between III and IV to get Owen riled up when Luke brings up his name. I have no problem making a small cameo in Rebels

10. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
  11. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Ooh. I'd like it if this showed us what Obi-Wan did to make Owen want him to stay away.

12. vw_jedi

vw_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2002
    Hermit? Pffft, everyone on Tattooine knows Old Ben goes to Chalmun's Catina for a cold Jawa Juice every Bonta's Eve.

13. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012

14. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    Because Obi-Wan made him get up and actually do some work in the form of shooting Darth Maul with a rifle. :D

15. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

That would be hilarious if they made that canon through Rebels lol.

16. Why_So_Serious

Why_So_Serious Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 27, 2013
    Psh. It's only funny when I do it. [face_not_talking]

Revanfan1 likes this.
  17. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    He brought Ahsoka by for a visit. You know she and Owen would get along splendidly.

18. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    I can tolerate Obi-Wan making cameo appearances and helping various the Rebel factions from time to time. What I don't want is for the main Rebels crew to actually meet Kenobi nor do I want Kenobi and Vader to ever cross paths in the show.

I don't want Vader's quote when he senses Obi-Wan on the Death Star to turn into something like this:

Vader: I sense something a presence I haven't felt since...last Tuesday while I was shopping at Walmart.

You mean to tell me that you couldn't gaze into the future back in the 80s? Well I for one am shocked! :eek:

19. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    My Delorean ran out of plutonium and the Libyans wouldn't accept my shoddy bomb case filled with pinball machine parts as currency! :_|

20. Dameron

Dameron Jedi Master star 4

Apr 8, 2014
  21. Why_So_Serious

Why_So_Serious Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 27, 2013
    [​IMG]

"I find your lack of asthma inhalers disturbing."

22. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Guys, let's tone it down a bit on the Ahsoka jokes. I like to make them as much as the next guy, but there's a time and place for them, and we're starting to get out of hand in this thread.

Dark Lord Tarkas and Darth_Pevra like this.
  23. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Huh? All Vader says is: "I sense something. A presence I've not felt since..." & "The last time I felt it was in the presence of my old Master".

How does that prevent them from having Obi & Vader cross paths in between RotS & ANH ?

24. Zulithe

Zulithe Jedi Grand Master

Apr 22, 2000
    I understand the apprehension some are having, but he has a history of being involved in the Rebel alliance so it makes perfect sense for him to have SOME involvement. Also would not be surprised if Leia somehow makes an appearance at some point (maybe not this season)

25. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    "When I left you I was but the learner" certainly implies that he had just become apprenticed to Sidious last time they met.

It would require a stretch and a ridiculously convoluted explanation to rationalize the idea of Obi-Wan and Vader meeting either several times or any time close to ANH.

And I really, really dislike contradictions that are allegedly not contradictions "from a certain point of view."