main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New 6" Black Series Coming From Hasbro

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT , Jan 30, 2013.

1. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    I've seen that twice around here recently. I suppose stores don't have control over which wave they get. If they sell out and re-order I assume they get whatever Hasbro or their warehouse send them. But at some point if you keep re-stocking the same wave people will have gotten what they need from that wave and it'll turn into a peg-warmer that clogs the shelf and keeps future waves from coming in.

2. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    I came across an odd mix of leftover wave 1 (which had been re-stocked after they went through their wave 2) and leftover wave 3. Saw Bespin Luke and Obi-Wan on the pegs for the first time, but the Stormtrooper was long gone.

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Han was still the lone peg occupant when I was at The Entertainer last week..

4. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    Went to Toys R Us today (Times Square) to see what they had on shelves since the Black Series 6" are $13.99 this week. Mostly Leia and Greedo on the pegs, a few Kenobi, Luke, and Han mixed in. I was lucky enough to find a Stormtrooper that had been taken off the pegs and placed on a nearby shelf.

5. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Congrats! I wonder if that sale is nationwide or just @ the NYC TRU? I may have to swing by TRU on my next day off. The only one I don't have (besides the Stormtrooper, and that's coming on my b-day) that I still want is R2. $20 just seemed a bit high for such a small figure, but for $13.99 I'd pick him up.

6. DarthWilliams

May 29, 2008
    Juke Skywalker It's nationwide - was in their weekly ad this week, so prices are good through Saturday:
    [​IMG]

TRU also does retroactive price adjustments within 14 days, so if you bought a 6" there in the last two weeks, take your receipt back and they'll credit the difference.

Juke Skywalker likes this.
  7. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Awesome, thanks for the info :D. I don't get out to TRU very often since they closed the one near me down. The next closest one isn't too far away, but I rarely find my self in that part of town. But I feel a trip to Half Price Books coming on, so I'll kill two birds with one stone while I'm in the area and stop by Wednesday and see if they have R2-D2.

DarthWilliams likes this.
  8. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
  9. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    TRU online has Bespin Luke back in stock. I caved and picked him and Obi-Wan up.

10. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    I never made it out to TRU yesterday. A 2-3 hour hike to search for Morel Mushrooms with a friend turned into an epic 6-hour trek. And when I got home my grass was mocking me, so I mowed it and after that I was so tired I wouldn't have walked across the street to TRU let alone drive 20 minutes across town :p.

11. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
  12. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Wicked. The plain old solo Jabba they're releasing at retail is just gonna look a bit odd without any accessories. Unfortunately, getting one of these before they balloon up over $100 might prove to be tricky.

13. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Star Wars on Instragram today released a sneak pic at 6" Yoda: Clickeroo!

14. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Awesome he looks. Buy him I will.

The snake and lightsaber are a nice added value, and allow you to make him PT or OT, though the face sculpt and lack of robe makes me think he's likely TESB era.

15. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Yep they're saying that he's from ESB. This site has some nice HQ pics of both new reveals.

I admit the box art for Jabba is pretty cool, even though I do wish they had included a real throne.

16. Smile_youS.O.B

Smile_youS.O.B Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2014
    Any word on when Darth Vader 6' will be released?

17. DarthWilliams

May 29, 2008
    OK this guy is awesome:
    [​IMG]

18. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I think he's in the wave after the next one that will have Anakin & the Clone Trooper, Stormtrooper, Boba Fett.

They might be holding off on him so he can ship w/ Chewie - they both might need slightly bigger packaging.

I love, love, LOVE X-Wing Luke. My only problem is that mine loves to fall over. Course the fact that my dogs constantly run into my Detolf where he's displayed doesn't help much.

19. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    On Saturday I ordered:

Han Solo
    Luke (X-Wing)
    Slave Leia
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Sandtrooper
    Storm trooper (found him on amazon for 20! Free prime shipping too! He sold out in minutes!)

VERY excited to start collecting this line, and I can't wait to see some more of my favorite figures. Endor Han, bespin Leia, Yavin Luke, Naboo Padme, Jango Fett, and Lando too my most wants. Hopefully we'll get a few of them. As much as I love having all the Luke's and Troopers, so more characters would be appreciated. Especially a good Leia figure.

20. DarthWilliams

May 29, 2008
    I just bought a Boba from a fellow Rebelscum user to add to my Stormie and Pilot Luke. I may get the Han at some point, but I think that's it for me with the current figures. That Vader on the other hand...

21. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    I can't wait to order a Boba.

22. DarthWilliams

May 29, 2008
    Seriously, check out the Rebelscum forum if you're still looking. I posted in the Want to Buy classifieds that I was looking for a Boba and someone offered me theirs at face value within a couple of hours. Plus you get to check everyone's feedback from other forum users so you can trust you're buying from someone who will deliver.

23. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    I'm trying to find him in the wild first. I know he's getting RE-packed so I'm not to concerned with paying full price for him. I have the chance to order a case of the next wave, so I'm considering just doing that and getting a few extra figures.

24. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Yeah a case might be the way to go for me for the next batch considering that Stormtrooper and Boba Fett are the 2 figures from this line that I don't have yet (well technically I'm still waiting on Obi-Wan and Bespin Luke - they're in the mail...)

I really hope that they do continue w/ a couple of prequel figures a year, considering that most of the kids today equate the prequel characters with Star Wars I think that they'd be dumb to just not make any of them.

I'd like to see -

Prequels: Queen Amidala (start w/ throne gown,) Qui-Gon Jinn, Jango Fett, Mace Windu,

Original Trilogy: Lando Calrissian, the Emperor, Gamorrean Guard, Bib Fortuna, C-3PO, Princess Leia white dress/buns, Farmer Luke, Old Ben Kenobi, Wicket

25. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    I still don't have any of these. But they look fantastic!