main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Official Sequel Trilogy / Legends / Expanded Universe discussion thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by YoureNotJonesy, Nov 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I know

I know Jedi Knight star 3

May 4, 2014
    A trilogy set a millennium before EP1, (when the Sith were defeated) would be interesting, but this would only work if the Sith are the still the driving evil force in the sequel trilogy and the sequel trilogy hinted at some long forgotten back story; otherwise it would be coming out of left field for most moviegoers.

Pfluegermeister likes this.
  2. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Really Because I think most casuals are roughly familiar with the concept of Sith Besides it aint nothing that cant be summarized in an opening screen line scroll.

3. Palp_Faction

Palp_Faction Force Ghost star 4

Feb 3, 2002
    I can see Eps X-XII happening. And then, yeah, stories told in the ancient past.

4. I know

I know Jedi Knight star 3

May 4, 2014
    True, there's a lot of ground the opening scrolls can cover but if we're just coming off the back of a trilogy where maybe the Sith are not the main villains then it may not make sense to go back.

5. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    Makes me wonder what they will do with gaming in this new era. Will we ever have rpg type games like KOTOR come out?

6. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

Right now they are of course working on the new Battlefront and there is also another big game in the works being written by the woman who wrote the Uncharted series of games. It is being made by Visceral Games (Dead Space).

7. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    i'm hoping for like a pearl harbor type event to happen in the sequel trilogy.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  8. Granek

Granek Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2012
    except Reven's novel made him seem like a bumbling idiot and not the most powerful and skill Force Being in the Galaxcy...

Ryus likes this.
  9. CaptainYorkshire

CaptainYorkshire Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2014
  10. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    TheBBP likes this.
  11. Samayel_

Samayel_ Jedi Master star 2

Sep 26, 2012
    Tartakovsky´s Clone Wars is now legends?

12. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
    TheBBP, TKT and Krueger like this.
  13. Brenapp

Brenapp Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 26, 2012
    Ugh, no films set thousands of years before the PT and OT, please. I won't stand for any violation of TOTJ, KOTOR, or the Darth Bane saga.

Minez01 likes this.
  14. Jair Crawford

Jair Crawford Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 3, 2012
    There is one thing about the KOTOR era that always rubbed me the wrong way, despite how much I love the games and the story.

And it's that the technology of the GFFA seems practically... the same as it does in the movies, even though it's set a few thousand years apart. That always seemed like a stretch to me.

kubricklynch and Ryus like this.
  15. cronedoggy

cronedoggy Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 3, 2012
    Maybe after hyperspace ships, galaxy destroying weapons and magic laser swords...there is no where left for tech to go? We live in an age of advancement, but for tens of thousands of years, humans lived virtually without change. It is possible that at some point in our future, we'll hit a plateu and not gain new tech for centuries.

16. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000

God, I hope so.

Jair Crawford likes this.
  17. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

It is since it hasn't been referred to and a lot of Grievous's character is different between it and TCW and ROTS. Aspects carry over such as Ventress having issues with Anakin, but overall, it isn't.

18. cronedoggy

cronedoggy Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 3, 2012
    I don't want to see EPs 10-12 with the same case so soon. 6 movies in a row in a long long commitment for an actor. I think i'd be refreshing to have a KOTR trilogy to give us a break from the main stories. Giving 7 years of real life between eps 9 and 10 would make it easier to shift the in-universe time forward too.

Even if Mark and Carrie are alive while episode 10 is filmed, setting it 10-15 years further in the future would make it easier to write them out of the film.

19. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    agreed

20. mattman8907

Nov 17, 2012
    i'm going to be very said that Episode 9 will be the final tale of the Skywalker Saga but i'm also looking forward to seeing what new characters and stories can be told.

Krueger likes this.
  21. mattman8907

Nov 17, 2012
    also how cool would it be for if their is a jedi high council scene for either Obi-Wan, Yoda or Anakin to appear and be the ones to tell the Luke and the council of the new threat that was forthcoming thereby solidifying that the New Jedi Order is still in it's infancy and still has a long way to go.

22. Jair Crawford

Jair Crawford Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 3, 2012
    I actually would love to see something like this.

mattman8907 likes this.
  23. mattman8907

Nov 17, 2012
    also i wouldn't mind seeing an anakin-luke scene again where Anakin is like "you have grown to be a great jedi and i am proud of you for it."

24. Lord_Anzeroth

Lord_Anzeroth Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2013
    Let's keep Hayden out of this. He wrecked one trilogy, let's prevent wrecking another :p

T-R- and KevinM1 like this.
  25. Jedsithor

Jedsithor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 2005
    How about, instead of another trilogy in the past or the future, there are one off event films for both? A single 3 hour epic called Star Wars Prologue to tell the story of the Sith/Jedi war and the foundation of the Republic, then another called Star Wars Epilogue set a thousand years after the Skywalker Saga, a time period where perhaps the Jedi are simply seen and myths and legends.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.