main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I Bought Them All - the Figures, the Ships, even the LEGO! (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT , Sep 8, 2012.

1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Picked up this guy at PAX East yesterday. The guy had a bunch of good ones from that '97/'98 line, including Chewbacca and Vader vs. Obi-Wan.

[​IMG]

2. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    I always thought that was one of the better looking Hasbro Lukes. Congrats!

3. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Picked up carded Vintage 8D8 (Seal on lower bubble is loose, but only $16), ESB Storybook (I believe I had as a young jedi), Vintage Dewback, AT-AP Walker, and loose vintage figures including Droids C3PO! Any one know his worth loose if in good condition??

4. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    Turns out the "other" vintage Star Wars collecting site offered help on the C3PO. Turns out it wasn't the droid I was looking for.

Just when I thought I was going to settle down on buying spree, SCORED MY FIRST 12 BACK!! Death Squad Commander and R2 D2!!!!

Juke Skywalker likes this.
  5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Got a gift in the post today - Boba Fett t-shirt. You can see a pic here on eBay.

Also post lady brought the June issue of the UK SW Comic magazine.

6. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    Still no sign of Plagueis...Happened to pick up a few vintage carded figures (Zuckuss, Bib Fortuna, Land in skiff, and Lobot) and also Land of the Jawa's base with pod and the actual vintage Sandcrawler!

7. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    I've been swinging and missing on SW items on eBay of late; getting sniped on vintage lunchboxes and the ESB version of the Kenner roleplay Stormtrooper rifle in the last two weeks. But I finally won something! 12" vintage Kenner Darth Vader. He's in excellent shape. Missing his lightsaber, but I got him for $15 (that includes shipping), so I jumped all over it. That gives me three vintage 12" figures (the others are Boba Fett and Luke Skywalker).

whostheBossk and PadmeLeiaJaina like this.
  8. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    USPS just delivered by Black Series 6" X-Wing Luke.

9. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Great bargain that you scored there! I love the vintage 12" figures, I still think in many ways the human figures have some of the best face molds out there. Vader is pretty awesome. Word of warning you might need a stand for him, Vaders are prone to being unbalanced and like to fall over.

10. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    Scored big at recent toy show. I had a dealer meet me with a bag full of goodies. Felt like 1980 all over again!! (althought hard for me to remember that) Received ESB AT AT box, ROTJ Battle Damaged Tie fighter, ANH X wing box, ESB Taun Taun w/box, 30 vintage figs, 25 weapons!!!, and a lower number in checking account. Was a big day in my collecting journey.
    [​IMG]

11. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Me too. The Han, Luke and Leia likenesses--particularly Han and Leia--are dead on. I just wish it had been more successful so that we could've gotten TESB (besides just Boba and IG-88) and ROTJ 12" as well.

Awesome. Thanks for the heads up :D.

12. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Post lady brought an Amazon US order containing the SW: From the Ruins of Alderaan tpb.

13. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I think the Luke looks amazing too - other than the body being a little overly buff to be Mark, the sculpt looked like him from the first film. My heart still aches at all of those unproduced ESB 12" figures. That was the only time that a toy company was going to give us a 12" Leia in her Bespin pantsuit. I spent years coveting the pictures of Lando also. I think that's why I love the Hasbro 12" figures so much - he was one of the first figure that they came out with and Hasbro managed to fill a life long dream of mine to have a 12" figure of him.

I still want to know why we've never gotten a General Calrissian 12" figure from ROTJ (he's next on my list for getting a customization done) or why Sideshow hasn't done one at the very least of him in his Skiff Guard uniform. I love my Hasbro version, but I know they would kick ass with that figure.

BTW you should be able to pick up a nice C-3PO at a good price.

14. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I've got a 12-inch Lando as Jabba's Guard. I think he's a Hasbro figure though - not a premium one.

15. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    So far Sideshow has only made Lando in his blue outfit. I don't have him but people complain about his face mold being off. I like the Hasbro Skiff Guard version, I'd just like to see SS tackle him.

16. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    I think a major portion of their failure is the absolute terrible quality of the Marvel 3/34 figures. They're awful. I remember when I was a kid, and the Spider-man 1-3 figures launchers. They were great quality toys! The Amazing Spider-man lines on the other hand are cheap, poorly made, and just as expensive as the old figures. Those toys look like they'll break! It's one thing to have low articulation, it's another to have figures that look like they were made out of a jello mold.

The iron man figures are missing a key component: Tony Stark. Kids don't want twelve different iron mans. They want an awesome iron man with a remove able helmet with a RDJ face underneath.

The legends figures are cool, but not practical for parents. The small figures aren't appealing. They're tiny, breakable, and poorly made. It's why Hasbro is struggling, their work doesn't justify the tags. If they were all three bucks, it'd be one thing. Last time I was at wal-mart, it was 10 bucks for a terrible spider-man with no accessories. You can get two mission Star Wars figures for the same price, WITH accessories.

These days, it's about what the parent can get, and the toys need to stretch out the bang for the buck with high quality molds (not good sculpts, but toys that don't break easy), and extra junk (remove able helmet, accessories, etc.)

17. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Picked up the latest Insider.

I no longer look at the toy section of my local Wal-mart. It's too depressing.

whostheBossk and Juke Skywalker like this.
  18. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    I love Lando in his General's uniform. If the 12" Hasbro line ever really returns (not the current $10 ones they've been releasing of late) I'd love to see a Lando General.

He does seem to go pretty cheap, and he's on my list. The toughies are going to be IG-88 (obviously), Stormtrooper (all the ones I came across on eBay the other day were dirty or badly yellowed), Leia (because her hair tends to be so disheveled) and Han (who is one of the more expensive ones).

19. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I managed to score an IG88 for a steal many years ago on ebay - he's missing his accessories and one hand clamp, but i don't care, he still displays well.

Han is harder to find. My Stormtrooper is yellowed - it's a problem with them.

20. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    I picked up that Insider as well. Waiting to read it on my way to Rancho Obi-Wan! Wal Mart has begun a few Black Series here and there so don't give up just yet. Went to Walgreens with wife and low and behold..........
    Finally....Darth Plagueis!! Tried to post image, but pc restricting me to do so. So pumped about this.

Juke Skywalker and DarthWilliams like this.
  21. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    My Plagueis is scheduled to arrive on Friday with Black Series 6" Boba.:D

whostheBossk likes this.
  22. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Got my 6" Obi-Wan and Bespin Luke today. I haven't taken them out of box yet - so far they both are rather under whelming :(

23. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Got my 6" order!

Luke X-Wing, Sandtrooper, Leia, Han, Stormtrooper, Obi-Wan. Very pleased!

24. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    My Old Republic troopers Lego Set that I ordered on May the 4th got here today! :D

25. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    You're going to Rancho Obi-Wan? That's awesome :D!

A lot of the ones I come across on eBay are missing a hand. They must be pretty fragile... or else got too close to the 12" Darth Vader :p.

Yeah, I saw Obi-Wan in person for the first time last week and I wasn't very impressed. I love the Bespin Luke, save for the head sculpt.

whostheBossk likes this.