main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Dameron

Dameron Jedi Master star 4

Apr 8, 2014
    That could be explained. The regimented Imperial military might have ditched the X-Wings for any number of reasons: they took up too much space in hangars, they were too hard or expensive to repair, or their capabilities tempted pilots to go off mission. And after all, an X-Wing has a hyperdrive, astromech droid, and shields, while a TIE has none. Surely they cost a pretty penny when compared with at least the basic TIE.

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    As far as Dantooine, I got the impression that the Alliance was constantly on the move around the Outer Rim. My assumption is that "for some time" meant weeks to months.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  3. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    People are making it to complicated. The fact one of the main characters has a sling shot and does graffiti seems to indicate exactly the age range they are aiming the show for.

dolphin and V-2 like this.
  4. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    ^ I know! It's almost as childish as our heroes having to rescue a gangster's baby in the pilot episode, amirite?!

Revanfan1 likes this.
  5. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    And that was awful too

6. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Wow. Discussing a slingshot has somehow ended up talking about the morality of ordinary soldiers during the Second World War. Most impressive.

V-2, podjazd, Revanfan1 and 1 other person like this.
  7. -Engelhast-

-Engelhast- Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2010
    The graffiti thing really bothers me. First off at face value it just does not feel very "Star Wars" to me. Secondly I kriffing HATE graffiti and I think Disney is sending a bad message to kids by making it "cool." Last thing I want is more little jerks running around my neighborhood marking up and disrespecting other people's property. GET OFF MY LAWN STAR WARS!

cwustudent and fett 4 like this.
  8. Heero_Yuy

Nov 28, 2000
    Yes, but my point is TCW improved itself. SWR has the possibility to do the same, so it's a tad unfair to assume the show will always be like that.

9. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Agreed it's not Starwars'y at all, though I guess they going for the whole 12yr old teenage rebellion thing (another indicator of the age range) and in fact the graffiti does not look that original or fun either, regardless of the message.

10. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005

Scratches head.

I thought a lot of folks were worried about the show being too kiddy? I would think them showing kids going around putting graffiti on stuff would be a good thing.

11. darkchrono

May 23, 2005
    I think we should put IMO when we start bringing up what is Star Wars'y and what is not Star Wars'y.

12. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    A Mandalorian being a graffiti artist really undermines the whole "warrior people" image; I understand the cultural reference to the East German underground movement and using art to oppose the Berlin Wall.

-Engelhast- and fett 4 like this.
  13. -Engelhast-

Nov 15, 2010
    Let me get this right, your counter argument is that graffiti is a non-kiddy adult behavior. Scratches backside.

14. Heero_Yuy

Nov 28, 2000
    I wanna see Sabine teepee The Emperor's house and order Vader 100 pizzas sent to his house.

15. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Oh my. I just viewed the trailer on YouTube. Looks fun to me. But the comments. Oh the comments! Hate, anger... These people have all been led to the dark side!

Seriously though, just a few if the comments were enough to make me sad. I love the internet for what it's brought me, but moments like that remind me why I dislike the internet and it's effect on people's minds.

podjazd, credar and Revanfan1 like this.
  16. darkchrono

May 23, 2005

You think that when you go around a city and see grafitti written all over everywhere that it is only twelve year olds putting that stuff up? Yes it's stupid to do something like that but it is more of an act of rebellion against society than simply an act of childishness.

17. darkchrono

May 23, 2005

That is really what happens when you allow anybody and everybody to say what ever they want.

18. Lord_Anzeroth

Lord_Anzeroth Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2013

If you look back on the thread, not many people are so hyped for Rebels.[face_plain] I understand that some of the comments on Youtube might be over-the-top, but I can relate to them.

19. Heero_Yuy

Nov 28, 2000
    Actually, I think more people are excited for SWR than not. At least, I feel more of a sense of cautious optimism than outright disappointment.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  20. Lord_Anzeroth

Mar 2, 2013

I concur.
    Most people in the Youtube comments partly hate Rebels because it replaced TWC.

darthjj88 likes this.
  21. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    It's not even Rebels, it's people trash talking Disney as if they're the worst movie company ever. Which is hilarious, because I can't name any movie company that brought magic to my childhood more than Disney did, which is why I think they're a perfect match for Star Wars.

I don't mind someone disliking Rebels. Not everything can appeal to everyone. If we go by first impressions though, Clone Wars had that dung heap of a movie! Any animated series need at the least six episodes to get going. I never gave TCW's a chance until lately, and that was my mistake. My hope is that Rebels turns out the same way.

Artoo-Dion likes this.
  22. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    I find it amusing that apparently people are less than enthused with Rebels due to TCW rather than concerns about the tone of the show/Artwork and story issues

23. Lord_Anzeroth

Mar 2, 2013

That the whole point people are making. That Disney is fit for bringing magic to younger kids, not to the StarWars fanbase. Let's not discuss this though, this is not the right thread.

As for Rebels, I agree. I don't like the trailer and I don't have high hopes for the show, but I will give it a chance when it starts airing and see how it goes. I disliked TWC as well when I first saw it, but it got me going after the first Season.
    I hope the same goes for Rebels :p

24. -Engelhast-

Nov 15, 2010
    Disagree. I bet 99.9% of the graffiti you see tagged on fences and bus benches is an act of pure stupidity and has nothing to do with rebelling against a freakin' thing. Kids that do that crap are worse than a pack a dogs lifting their leg on everything to mark their territory.

25. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Star Wars has never been purely for adults. It's always been for the family. So far, I don't know if Rebels is going to be as enjoyable for the whole family, but three minutes, tops, of footage isn't good enough to show that either.

darthjj88 likes this.