main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Obi-Wan Kenobi: v4 Fan Club a/k/a Appreciation Society

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Valairy Scot, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Nanuk

Nanuk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    Oh, please tell. Haven't seen that one.

And if anyone is interested, SAG has a two-hour interview posted on youtube. Look for "Conversations with Ewan McGregor"

2. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I listened to and watched that. Very informative. :)

Nanuk likes this.
  3. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    While the Kenobi book was awesome, i wouldnt mind if they made a movie that went beyond that. It's just a great and very interesting era for Obi. The transition from Ewan to Sir Alec is fascinating to me.

4. Nanuk

Nanuk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    A German website just listed about 10 actors that are going to be in the new movie - and none of them is Ewan. :_|
    [face_laugh] Maybe it's s strategy? TPTB are going to wait another 10 years to prepare Ewan for the role of an older Obi-Wan?

5. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    Or maybe Obi isnt in this because they're focusing on him do a solo movie first? ;). I honestly didnt expect any Ewan announcements regarding episode 7. At most we could get a small cameo during a flashback, or maybe if Luke finds some old holo recordings Obi left for him, something like that. But hey, if they want to age Ewan and have him show up as Obi's force ghost, i wont get angry :D

6. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    They need to at least show a "temple holo" video type thing of Obi-Wan fighting or sparring with his lightsaber...you know, perhaps holos gleaned from the temple ruins and used as instructional videos for the new generation of Jedi...so I could not just be him, but others (I know they would have to be clips from the previous movies, but the magic of modern technology could do it, right?

My point is, Obi-Wan is the only human character to be in all six star wars movies...I hate to see that end. Somehow, if nothing else a "clip" or something so that he can still be the only human character to be in all the SW movies...

(I could even imagine when Luke sees the footage of the young Obi-Wan, commenting on it as compared to the "old ben" he knew..something like, "Hey, Old Ben was a handsome guy when he was younger" or "Wow, Old Ben had a lot of moves when he was younger, I wish he could have stayed around longer to show me some of those" ...something like that.

Just me dreaming though...

Just thought of this, but it also would be awesome for Luke to see Anakin in action in a clip...to see his father as he was young and strong and human! I guess we could say Anakin was in all six movies if you consider Anakin and Darth Vader being the same character. I never saw him that way. To me Darth Vader is a separate person from Anakin, but essentially they are the same character.

Still, though, Obi-Wan is still the only totally "HUMAN" character to be in all the movies.

I've watched part of that interview with Ewan...very good stuff there. I haven't had a chance to finish it yet, but plan to. Thanks for posting it. :)

Nanuk likes this.
  7. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    There is always the possibility Ewan ends up as a force ghost in Episode VII. The cast announcement only listed major cast members and probably avoided cameos or other appearances that would constitute major spoilers. So there is hope for an Obi-Wan appearance,

8. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Yes I would be happy with Ewan doing a cameo role, just so his character is in every movie as Obi-Wan.

9. Nanuk

Nanuk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    "May, the fourth, be with you"

[face_laugh] I'm so sorry - it's the first time I've come across that one. :)

10. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Welcome to Star Wars Fandom. May the Fourth has been formally recognized as Star Wars Day for the last decade or so. :)

11. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Yeah, may the fourth be with you!!

This is the anniversary of the day A New Hope hit the theatres for the first time...they didn't know what would happen, but it's funny it happened on May 4th, spawning the whole "May the Fourth be with You" day...:p

Hopefully a restful afternoon coming up after going to an early showing of "The Amazing Spiderman" ...good movie.

Hopefully will have a chance to catch up on some reading...hlc88@hlc, serendipityaey and ruth baulding, if she updates today. (hopefully) [face_praying]

12. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
  13. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    hlc88..I found you no FF.net, and saw you have a sequel to "Dangerous Games" as well as a bunch of Doctor Who stories...I'll be checking them out. How is the crossover going?

14. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    obimom Yeah, I do. I'm in the middle of posting the sequel to "Dangerous Games" here but keep forgetting to post. That one is now finished on FF.Net though. My Doctor Who stories are pretty bad, they are some very early works which I'm in the process of clearing up and rewriting when I have the chance. The crossover is making progess (at last!!!) so I hope to be able to start posting that soon. :)

15. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    End of school business, I assume?

My son pulled up Weird Al Yankovic's Obi-Wan singing about "This here Anakin boy" to the tune of "Bye, Bye Miss American Pie" the other night. It's really good, even though it's not Ewan's face, but Weird Al dressed like Obi-Wan, but the lyrics area very good and entertaining. It's from when TPM came out so I'm sure most have seen it, as I did years ago, but it's been a long time and it was fun watchign it again. It's on You Tube under Weird Al Yankovic's stuff if anyone wants to find it...and maybe I'll dig it up and post the link on here sometime soon.

16. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Really? Where is everyone? [face_hypnotized]

17. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Been quiet lately. I suspect it will pick up at some point

18. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    I know. I also think much of it is end of school, finals, etc. Too much going on right now.

19. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
  20. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012

I think its also a little slow down period after the casting news.

21. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

Err, I've just finished uni on Friday and I am busy packing to go away on holiday for a week. So I won't be here for a while.

22. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Have a great time! hlc88 Enjoy your holiday...you deserve it after working so hard at school. :)

Hi serendipityaey :)

serendipityaey likes this.
  23. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    Hey guys! It has been a long time! ^^ How's everybody doing?

And it looks like we got some newbies here. :)

One more thing, serendipityaey: PLEASE update your Elmont story soon!!! I'm going to crazy!!!! :p

24. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    I will definitely try to update very soon!! I'm so glad you're enjoying it ;) Elmont is totally the medical times Obi! Don't worry, I have lots written, I just need to find time to edit! Soon!

I'm sorry I haven't answered your pm yet but I was so excited to hear you were thinking of your own Elmont story! Hope you can work on it :)

25. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Ah, Elmont, and Obi-Wan...and sometime when I peruse all the movies featured in fanfictiondom, I'm struck by how many of Ewan's movies are in FF. He has in impact on all his movies, doesn't he?
    One thing I didn't see (and maybe it's there, but I didn't have time to really look) was if there were any FF on The Island...like perhaps what happens to Lincoln and Jordan after they sail away on that Yacht. I love that movie...I've seen it more than all the others I think.