main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub **The New Jedi Trials Version 3.0**

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Rainbow Knight Star, Mar 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rainbow Knight Star

Rainbow Knight Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 18, 2005
    Jedi Gunny That's alright, Master Gunny. RL duties and responsibilities must come first.

Padawan4687 I look forward to reading your different reasons for wanting to rejoin the NJT, Paddy.

:)

2. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    It's very quiet in here. That means Master Jammy must be asleep.

[face_laugh]

I often wonder what the Jedi Order would have been like if Mace Windu would have been the Grand Master instead of Yoda. Your thoughts?

Kato Sai likes this.
  3. Master Selkath

Master Selkath Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 5, 2013
    How do I join this?

Rainbow Knight Star likes this.
  4. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    @Master Selkat look on the first page and you will find your answer.
    Padawan Tiger-Jinn

5. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    Master Selkath

Hello, and welcome to the New Jedi Trials. If you wish to join, simply go to page 1, and read the introduction and rules. Once you have completed the two initiation tasks, then you will be assigned a master to train you in the ways of the Light Sideof the Force.

Darthmaul208

**Bow**

Greetings, my young padawan. It is good to see you.

6. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    Greetings, New Jedi Order.

So sorry for my long absence, but computer issues kept me away from this wonderful place. I will be answering the questions I have put forth within the next few days. Please, feel free to socialize. If anyone thinks of a Jedi topic they wish to discuss, go ahead and lead it.

May the Force be with you.

7. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    Stop being so noisy, I'm trying to nap. :p

Cleo Jinn likes this.
  8. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
  9. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    I am not lazy. It's called being at peace with your surroundings. :p

Cleo Jinn likes this.
  10. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    Just to say to all. I won't be on for a few weeks as its exam season so I will be back afterwards on the 10th june.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

11. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    JediMaster1511 Sure it is Master Jammy.

:p

Darthmaul208 Thank you for letting us know, Padawan Tiger-Jinn. I look forward to seeing you in June.

12. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    Hey, one must be calm and at peace to be a Jedi, and what better way to illustrate that then to be able to sleep whenever and where ever? :p

Kato Sai likes this.
  13. Shira A'dola

Shira A'dola Jedi Master star 6

Sep 4, 2012
    I will be gone indefinitely. I'm sorry. RL dealt me the worst blow it could and I can't even cope with myself let alone think straight enough to post much.

14. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    Sorry to hear it. I hope things and yourself improve.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

15. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    So sorry to hear that, Shira, but thanks for letting us know.

16. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    1# Why I Want to Join the Jedi Order

I wish to join the Jedi Order. The Jedi are light bearers. They are not tainted by Bogan and the allure of power. They are peace makers and paladins of justice. I want to carry that Light and wield it to bring peace and security to all life forms.

I find the Dark Side is empty of compassion and camaraderie. Peace, not power is the path that shall bring purpose to all sentient life. I desire that purpose, to bare witness to all beings the light of Ashla.

2# The Jedi Code Explained

There is no emotion, there is peace.

Emotion leads to the Dark Side. Fear, anger, and hate are chief emotions of Bogan. Emotion creates a cloudness and keeps us from the Light and opens the door to the Darkness. Peace is what we seek to replace emotion. Only by letting go the volatile emotions will we be free inside and able to keep from falling.

There is no ignorance, there is knowledge

The Force is our teacher. Even if you believe yourself to be unwise, you lie to yourself because the Force is in all things and thus teaches us perpetually. Moe literally, we are not to be ignorant, but to pursue knowledge by studying the Way of the Jedi and the Archives and to learn from the Jedi Masters.

There is no passion, there is serenity

Passion leads to attachment and attachment can lead to putting beings before the Principles of the Order. If we allow passion to dominate our hearts we can be led to do anything to keep that passion and thus fall from the light. We sacrifice the prospect love which can be tied to passion so that we will not put the lover before the Will of the Force and thus potentially fall to the Dark Side. In serenity we learn to let go of all passions and even distance outselves from all attachment, even our passion for lightsaber training and using the Force at will can mean a loss of serenity and thus lead us to the Dark Side.

(There is no chaos, there is harmony) *Some Texts of the Order include this line.

Chaos is created by the Dark Side and Its adherents known as the Sith and other Force Users. The aim of every Jedi should be harmony, harmony in the Order and outside the order. All sentient life is precious and we should try to live in harmony as best as we can with all life.

There is no death, there is the Force.

Our bodies may perish, but we live on through the Force. When we die we go to join the Force and become one and fully apart of it.

17. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    Kato Sai

**Bow**

Greetings, young one, and welcome to the New Jedi Trials. Wonderful job on the initiation tasks.

Because we are short on masters at this time, feel free to go to Page 2, Post 14 to find more tasks to complete.

Roster Update:

Grand Master:

Rainbow Knight Star

Council Members:

Ree: (Honorary)
    Jedi Gunny
    Nadia-Oomia
    Darth_Brutus666

Jedi Masters:

JediMaster1511

Knights:

Padawans:

DarthMaul208/Padawan Tiger-Jin: Padawan to Rainbow Knight Star
    Shira A’dola/Padawan Happenstance: Padawan to JediMaster1511 – (indefinitely gone)
    Kato Sai

Initiates:

Padawan4687

18. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Essay:

During the Mandalorien Wars the Jedi Council was hesitant to get involved. Notably, Revan and Malak choose to defy the Jedi Council and lead a contingent of Jedi to fight the Mandaloriens. The question of our part in wars is raised again by Jedi Padawan, Barris Offee. Barris made her plea that we are peace keepers, not warriors. Since Reven and Malak fell to the Dark Side, does war have the propensity to turn us to the Dark Side? Anakin Skywalker, the Chosen One, fought in the Clone Wars and became Darth Vader. Is there a pattern of war causing us to fall prey to passion and experience other emotions that lead to Bogan?

What is the line between peacekeeper and warrior? We are trained in the Jedi Arts of combat, but our ultimate goal is peace. We are Force Users who act like police, trying to keep the peace. War changes us into weapons. We walk a thin line between Light and Dark when we get involved in wars. Passion and other emotions rise as our brethren fall in battle and the more we kill with a lightsaber. We are trained to use the saber for defense, but in war we are on the offensive. We become conquerors like the Sith as we spread to other planets like during The Clone Wars.

However, if we do not fight the Dark Side shall dominate all life. How can we reconcile wars of defense and offense? What is the line that turns us into weapons and warriors? The answer is justification. When we are attacked by our enemy and when those we have sworn to protect are threatened, we must act and try if possible to bring a cessation to hostilities. If that fails, then we must use "aggressive negotiations." Plunging into a war for political reasons or even to defend the Republic is risky. We are the Jedi Order, not the Republic, though we have been allies for ages. Can we risk the Light of Ashla for every campaign the Republic wishes to participate in? How far does our allegiance lie? The answer is that we must observe the Law of Justification and be diplomats and ambassadors before we start saber rattling. There are threats like the Sith who need to be kept in check, but to destroy them and ruin any chance of their redemption is not the Jedi Way. If we are forced to slay our enemy, so be it. But we should not seek open war with the Sith if it can be avoided. Otherwise we become war mongers and no different than the Dark Siders.

19. Darth-Horax

Darth-Horax Force Ghost star 6

Aug 22, 2001
    ah, tis good to see my fellow members in their infinite wisdom learning the path of hte Jedi! :)

I would like to petition for a spot on the council or something...seeing as I am the oldest of the order.

Bardan edit: Use the edit feature to add to a previous post instead of double posting

20. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Please indulge this next expository of the Jedi I wish to emulate.

I have examined many Jedi in the achieves and found no fewer than twenty worthy of being the model for my training. However, I think the Jedi that I most admire and wish to emulate is no other than Obi-Wan-Kenobi. Kenobi appeals to what I believe a Jedi to be not because of his feats in the Clone Wars or that he trained two of the most powerful Jedi. It is that Kenobi truly learned what it means to be Jedi, to be at peace and to do what is difficult. When Kenobi was faced with betrayal, when he fought Anakin on Mustafar, he could have slayed his friend, but he chose to spare him and thus unwittingly saved the Galaxy from the oppression of the Empire when Vader redeemed, destroyed the Emperor. Master Kenobi as he became a Jedi Master retained his skills in the Jedi Arts, especially his skills with the lightsaber. But more importantly Kenobi grew in wisdom and temperance. Ultimately, Kenobi would suffer banishment after The Purge and it was his exile that tested his connect to the Light. During his earlier Padawan years and later as a General in the Clone Wars, Kenobi rose to become a Jedi of great renown and repute. His name was known throughout the Order and his deeds within the Republic. At his exile, he had to 'purge' himself of his identity. He had to put away his saber and namesake. He had to become a hermit and no longer walk with pride as he once did. This humbling turned Kenobi from Guardian to Consular. He had to practice meditation and commune with Ashla. Master Kenobi was forced to lay down the lightsaber for a time and go beyond his days as a Guardian. If there is one word that best describes Kenobi, it is sacrifice. Obi-Wan made sacrifices to protect the Jedi Order during the Golden Years, he made a sacrifice to protect the Skywalker Family, and ultimately he made the sacrifice to give Luke the chance to help redeem his father.

I confess that I am drawn to the power of Revan and Anakin, but ultimately I know that their great command of the Force cost them much and even drew them to the Dark Side of the Force. I am inspired by the story of Revan, who became Prodigal Jedi and Anakin the Redeemed. But I would rather be Kenobi the Steadfast, Kenobi the Savior, and Kenobi the Serene. It is Kenobi and Yoda who were charged with keeping the Light alive tell the Son of Skywalker came. We owe Obi-Wan and Master Yoda for the opportunity to learn the Light. Like Kenobi, I wish to bare the Light and hopefully one day share it to another generation of Jedi.

21. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    Darth-Horax

Welcome to the New Jedi Trials Version 3.0. Please complete the initiation tasks on the first page...

:oops:

:eek:

**Bow**

Master Rax. Welcome to the New Jedi Trials Version 3.0. We are most honored by your presence.

I will speak to the Council about your request. You certainly have the right to a place among us. In the meantime, please be as active as possible, and visit often.

Kato Sai

Another awesome task from you, young Padawan Sai. Very well done indeed.

22. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Thank you Master. :)

Here is another exposition, this one pertaining to a planet.

Tatooine has been the dust bowl that many disregard as arid desert. However, on this modest planet the Chosen One was born and it was on Tatooine that the salvation of the Jedi Order slept and was raised with the Lars Family. Tatooine's history is steeped in mystery. Being a planet most often affiliated with "scum and villainy," Tatooine ancient days have been all but forgotten by most locals. The mysteries of this sand land are remembered by the Tuskan Raiders in their Story which is preserved by the Story Teller. According to the Keeper of the Story, Long ago, Tatooine was a fertile place, lush and green and the Sand People lived by the land and were not clade in wraps and the articles of shame. Then came the Builders, who came with machine and metal. These Builders abducted many of the Tuskans and those who remained began to rebel and wage war. The Builders in their wrath scorched the planet with their weaponry, turning the green paradise into glass, and then in time sand. The Tuskans who survived in caves remerged to find a wasteland. The Builders fled Tatooine, which was now hostile and inhospitable to life. The Tuskans who stayed began to form tribes and fought many wars. The Sand People were full of anger at what the Builders did and consider all Outsiders as similar threat. The Tuskans believe our dependence on devices and machines is no different than the Builders. Some Sand People even speculate that we are descendants of the Builders or are the abducted kin who were lost long ago. (The Origins of Tuskans (or The Story), Found in The Chronicles of Revan, Paraphrased) .

There is nothing to verify the story of the Story Teller. His account is oral and the details are obscured by the sands of time. However, only the Tuskans have any account of Tatooine's earlier days. The Hutts and other species do not remember, nor care to remember. There are many wonders on Tatooine, one is the Sarlaac or the Pit of Carkoon. The massive pit of teeth does not begin It's life as a pit. It begins as a worm like parasite, clinging to other creatures until it reaches maturity and finally establishes It's lair. Another intriguing native of Tatooine is the Jawa. Much like the Tuskans, Jawas conceal their faces with robes and wraps. Their eyes glow a sunlit yellow and they are always ready to make a trade. While the Tuskan is hostile towards outsiders, Jawas welcome all sentient life, long as they come with credits or other materials to trade in. Jawas like the Tuskans have been on Tatooine for eons and they seem to speak words that forebode the end of metropolitan life in Mos Eisely and Anchorhead. The Jawas adapted to the technology of the Builders and subsequent beings. The Tuskans reject that same technology. It is difficult to sift through the prejudices between these peoples. The Hutts are not indigenous, but they hold great sway and power over Tatooine. Unlike the Chancellors of the Republic, Hutts are corrupt and they can be bribed. The Hutts are crime lords and they use Tatooine as one hub among many to carry our their dealings. Most Hutts are decadent and allow themselves to become obese and feed every lustful and gluttonous desire of their sluggish heart.

Perhaps the greatest part of Tatooine is that it is a desert. Unlike Courcant and Manaan, Tatooine is a vast land were a Jedi can get away and meditate. Like Obi-Wan did for many years, Jedi can find solace in the sandy solace of the dunes and caves. There are not many distractions to divert the attention of those seeking the Force. If given permission, one day I shall venture to the Dune Sea and seek to quiet my mind.

23. Darth-Horax

Aug 22, 2001
    wakes up and stretches???yawn....

24. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    Lesson 2: The Jedi Path and Jedi Training.

To be a Jedi required the deepest commitment, and most serious mind. Often, and immediately after birth, those individuals with Force abilities were taken from their families, and brought to the Jedi temple headquarters on the planet of Coruscant for training, or to a smaller Jedi Enclaves as padawans. The reason children were often taken from their families so soon was to hinder transgression.

rational thought, patience, and benevolence were just some of the concepts included in the strict code that Jedi were required to adhere to from the beginning of their training. Hate, anger and fear were banned from Jedi practice. Not only because these emotions were uncomfortable, but also distructive behavior, led to the dark side of the Force.

Younglings were trained in a clan by an experienced Jedi master, learning the basics of the ways of the Jedi, as well as Force powers and lightsaber skills, while padawans and their masters went on missions assigned by the Jedi Council.

After Ruuisan, it was normal for Jedi trainees to be children, but after the Jedi headquarters was established on the planet of Yavin 4, that was no longer the case. The initiates were trained by Jedi Master Luke Skywalker, then in groups under the direction of another Jedi master in time. Only after an individual achieved satisfactory understanding of the Jedi way were they taken as padawans for separate instructions to complete their training. Besides accompanying their masters on missions, padawans also went on missions alone for practice, and to gain experience. In the days of the Old Republic, individuals who were not chosen for padawanship were placed in one of the divisions of the Service Core.

Assignments for those who wish to complete them, and for others waiting on a master, or whose master is away:

Note: If any master of a padawan wishes to count any class assignment that their padawan has completed as a part of their padawan’s training, please, feel free to do so.
    Example: Your padawan has done 3 tasks, but you were gone and they were bored, or they just volunteered to write essays on Tython and the Jedi Civil war. If you want to count those assignments as Tasks 4 and 5 in your padawan’s training, that’s fine with me.
    Masters may also assign their padawans a task from a Class Assignment list at any time if they wish.

These are essays with a 500 word minimum, but no time limit.

Jedi Class: Lesson 2 Assignments

Coruscant
    Ruuisan
    Yavan 4
    Bandomeer
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Qui-Gon Jinn
    Luke Skywalker
    Jedi Temple
    Jedi Service Core

25. Darth-Horax

Aug 22, 2001
    nice assignments RKS....very nice indeed....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.