main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MOD Literature Forum Reference: Rules, Index, Release Dates & weekly Marvel Comics shipping updates

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Rogue_Follower, Jun 4, 2008.

1. eddie1969

eddie1969 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 3, 2005
    Sigh... new list is only a day old, and we already have 2 new entries for Fall 2014:

IMPERIAL HANDBOOK: A COMMANDER'S GUIDE (DELUXE EDITION)

written by Daniel Wallace, with artwork by Chris Trevas & Chris Reiff

47North (Amazon Publishing) with becker&mayer
    hardcover, ISBN 978-1-60380-340-3, $99.99

INCLUDES mechanized case with lights and sounds, introduction note by Luke, and a specially designed die-cast Imperial military medal

As the Imperial Empire expands, high-ranking officials from each branch of the Imperial Military have set down tactical guidelines and procedures for all newly ascending commanders. Set in-universe, this compendium of ordinance, mission reports, and Imperial philosophy was intercepted by members of the Rebel Alliance, some of whom also left commentary scribbled in the margins. Housed in a deluxe case that opens with lights and sounds, this never-before-seen Imperial Handbook is perfect for Star Wars fans—no matter which side of the Civil War they’re on.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Star-Wars-Upcoming-Books-Comics/104147893033576

STAR WARS: BUILD DARTH VADER

Kit plus paperback (48 pages), $ 19.95
    by Benjamin Harper and Claudio Dias...

Explore the many faces and roles of Darth Vader, then build the 12-inch paper-craft bust of the Sith Lord—complete with a gloss varnish finish and audio module playing Darth Vader sound effects and quotes.

INCLUDES Punch-out pieces to build model, audio component,
    instructional booklet, and a paperback book

2. johnboy3441

johnboy3441 Jedi Master star 1

Aug 14, 2007
    I'm new to buying Star Wars books, and was wondering: Do the adult novels normally get Kindle editions immediately, or do we have to wait a while?

3. Orman Tagge

Orman Tagge Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2014
    Hey, so I have a question about release dates: you have Star Wars vol 4 of the ongoing Star Wars series by Dark Horse listed with an October release date, but I don't see a volume 3 anywhere on the list.

EDIT: Um...I made a statement, and forgot the question. Where does volume 3 fit in?

eddie1969 likes this.
  4. eddie1969

Feb 3, 2005
    Hah! Anyway, it IS in the list: Volume 3 (Rebel Girl) will be released on October 15, 2014);

Fan-favorite writer, Brian Wood gives us his take on the classic-era Star Wars characters.

To the shock of all who know her, Princess Leia has announced her intention to marry the prince of the remote planet Arrochar! While the Rebellion is losing a princess, it is gaining a new base-a safe haven from the Empire.But as preparations for the wedding begin, a feeling of unease grows among the Rebels, and clues are discovered that the new "friends" of the Rebellion may not be so friendly. When the locals try to kill Luke Skywalker, their Imperial ties are revealed!

Volume 4 (A Shattered Hope) will be released on October 29, 2014);

Fan-favorite writer, Brian Wood gives us his take on the classic-era Star Wars characters.

After deception and defeat by Rebel forces and the escape of the prisoner Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader is on a mission to instill fear and discipline in Imperial ranks with a group of elite stormtroopers-and the Dark Lord's own lightsaber. But after the Rebels once again evade Vader's wrath, Han Solo, Chewbacca, Princess Leia, and Luke Skywalker find themselves together on the Millennium Falcon, going undercover to strike another blow against the Empire! The final chapter in the Dark Horse Star Wars series!

5. Orman Tagge

Apr 10, 2014
    Whoops! Sorry about that. Any particular reason they're being released so close together

6. eddie1969

Feb 3, 2005
    Probably has something to do with Dark Horse losing their license and the company wants to sell as much books as possible before 2015.... BTW, these dates are from the Random House (distributor) catalog, and might change once Dark Horse publishes it's solicitations for the books...

7. Darth Kickass

Darth Kickass Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2013
    I saw a post on Jedi News saying the fiction published in Star Wars Insider is now considered part of the new canon. Just wondering if anyone can tell me where I can get my hands on issue #149 and 150. Is it available at comic book stores?

8. Darth Kickass

Darth Kickass Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2013
    yeah nevermind.....should have hit the wook to begin with...[face_sigh]

9. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Do we have an updated list of all upcoming EU books? The one on the first page seems outdated.

eddie1969 likes this.
  10. eddie1969

Feb 3, 2005
    Will get on it tomorrow and sent it to 2ndQuest!

11. eddie1969

Feb 3, 2005
    List has been sent!!!! Exciting one, I might say! I am extremely looking forward to all of these new-canon books!

12. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Update posted! Canons change but eddie remains the same! ;)

starfish and eddie1969 like this.
  13. eddie1969

Feb 3, 2005
  14. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Ulicus GrandAdmiralJello Point Given

Idle thought--ever since Q went on his comic book thread spree I've had a lot of trouble remembering which conversations are happening in which thread--especially with story elements crossing over between DV and SW, and eventually Rebels and Kanan (and presumably AND), to say nothing of the newest solicits being discussed in the current #1 threads. That obviously makes more sense than making more new threads for issues that are still several months out, but one wonders--wouldn't it be simpler to just have one ongoing thread per series/mini? It would cut down on front-page clutter and threads that die after two pages, make everything easier to follow, and the OPs could always just be updated as cover/solicitation material comes and goes so they don't lose their informational value for newbies.

I dunno, maybe there were reasons for the issue-by-issue system I'm unaware of; just a suggestion.

Gorefiend, Taalcon and Darth_Duck like this.
  15. DBZGTKOSDH

DBZGTKOSDH Jedi Master star 1

Aug 31, 2013
    EDIT: Never mind.

16. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Repositioning this from the General Questions thread to here:

Confirmed Marvel comics for 3 June:

Prepare thy wallet:

DARTH VADER #6 $3.99
    PRINCESS LEIA #4 $3.99
    STAR WARS #6 $3.99
    STAR WARS MARVEL YRS OMNIBUS HC VOL 02 DAY CVR $125.00

Commander Wolffe likes this.
  17. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015

I can't wait! :D

Jedi Ben likes this.
  18. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Provisional Marvel Comics for 10 June

PRINCESS LEIA #3 DODSON 2ND PTG VAR $3.99

Well, come on, is anyone surprised after what's set for the previous week? ;)

19. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Primarily because we never know when a particular issue will explode in conversation, making it more difficult to jump into the conversation over a particular issue (especially since previews can muddy the waters in this regards as well).

Beyond that, Marvel has been less forthcoming in terms of how long a series or story arc goes on for, so breaking things down by arc doesn't always work.

The only scenario I could see working is limiting single threads to mini series like Leia or Lando- we did that with Son of Dathomir (unintentionally) and it worked out. I just prefer to keep things uniform, even if Marvels' aggressive release schedule has been a bit much.

20. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
  21. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Also provisionally due 10 June:

KANAN LAST PADAWAN #3 $3.99

Got to love how they list these things.

22. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Marvel Comics Update

Confirmed for 10 June
    KANAN LAST PADAWAN #3 $3.99
    PRINCESS LEIA #3 DODSON 2ND PTG VAR $3.99

Provisional for 17 June
    STAR WARS DIRECTORS CUT #1 $5.99

23. Orman Tagge

Apr 10, 2014
    Darth Vader #7 is listed as arriving the 17th. Is it looking like that won't happen?

24. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Who's saying it's for then?

It's not on the tentative list, though is this which I missed due to the lack of a SW prefix:

DARTH VADER DIRECTORS CUT #1 $5.99

Will know for certain tomorrow, as that's when the releases for 17 June get confirmed.

25. Orman Tagge

Apr 10, 2014
    Marvel's page is. I'll be pleasantly surprised if it actually comes though. I'll check this thread tomorrow then!