main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Planets in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by darthfettus2015, Aug 20, 2013.

1. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    A pointless little annoying change. However, guess you can work around it by saying it has had many names over it's history... so I'll call it Korriban.
    Sounds better.

2. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    The ST is based on an original story.

3. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    That's what I was thinking, I'm just trying to accept the fact that it's now called Moraband. That's why I'm continuing calling it Moraband even though Korriban sounds better.

4. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    It's funny, but he never had a problem with Tatooine and Dantooine sounding the same, though.

Ganger likes this.
  5. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    I figured it was a sort of type of name, for lack of a better phrasing. Like you've got a bunch of "stan" countries - Afghanistan, Kazakhstan, Pakistan, Turkmenistan, etc, etc. - so you have Tatooine, Dantooine, Klatooine and there are some others I'm sure.

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  6. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    Ovaltine
    [​IMG]

7. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Right, but why would it bother Lucas now, though? It just feels like spite to change it, is all.

8. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    Have to agree on that one. Coruscant kept it's EU name and at the time, if I'm not mistaken, it was in far less widespread use than Korriban. So yeah, kinda does feel "we'll change it cause we can".

9. markdeez

markdeez Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2005
    I remember Hamill going on and on about Aquilae and Sullust, so I want to see those :)

10. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I was just thinking; the main planets of the OT are good representations of 3 of the 4 Seasons:

Tatooine= Summer
    Hoth= Winter
    Endor= Spring

A lot of people, including myself, think that Moriband is a good bet for being in the ST. I think Moriband would make a great representation of Autumn, to finish up the 4 Seasons Theme. Being the Home Base planet of the Sith; I imagine Moriband looking something like Transylvania. With an eerie overcast look, and a terrain of leafless trees, it would be very Halloween like. [face_devil]

11. Abadacus

Abadacus Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2014
    I'd love for the Jedi Academy on Yavin 4 make an appearance. It would set the scene well by harking back to ~30 years ago when they were a band of resistance fighters holed up in the temples - contrasting with boldy training a new generation of Jedi in a peaceful galaxy.
    Corellia is probably the most famous and recognized planet not yet seen on screen - seeing it in the ST would be wonderful, and Scotland sounds like a perfect place to shoot it. I've always imagined the coastline around Coronet City to be made up of steep grassy hills, choppy sea and thick fog. Similar to Pt. Reyes, Ca (to keep taking inspiration from areas around where Lucas grew up).

12. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013
    Would LOVE to finally see Corellia. I think it would be kind of nice if Han and Leia settled down and raised their kids on Han's home world.

my kind of scum likes this.
  13. StarWars2015

StarWars2015 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 5, 2012
    Well We know they are going back to Tatooine, and Hoth, but Im hoping for Concord Dawn, the rumored true home of the Manalorians and the Fetts !!

14. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    why would they go back to hoth?

15. vinsanity

vinsanity Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2013
    Just because they're shooting in Iceland, doesn't mean it's going to be a snow planet like Hoth, specially if they are shooting in the summer where there's almost 24 hour sunlight and not that much snow or ice, apart from the glacier areas. Lot of recent movies and TV series were shot on Iceland, like Prometheus, Oblivion, Noah, Game of Thrones, apart from the last one, all of the other movies didn't show any snow.

But I can be wrong...

I would also love to see the Mandalorian Homeworld.

16. Chained Prometheus

Chained Prometheus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2013

Moraband/Korriban is definitely the world I most want to see in this trilogy.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  17. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    kessel, aquilae, sullust, opuchi, boz pity, ord mandell, NAR SHADAA, corellia. all new planets to the fans but mentioned in the films or scripts.

18. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    Earth...

Serkis our loveable alien sidekick discovers a worm hole to another galaxy and begins to explore. He lands in LA and hits the bars and stripper joints...

Seriously... I'd like to see Korriban, the Sith tomb world, but then that would mean the return of the Sith. Conflicts of interests going on in my head...

19. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    The planet Ovaltine is a nice cuddly, cozy planet trapped in the 1950s where everybody knows their neighbours and rides bicycles to work.

Ekhranomicka likes this.
  20. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    ...while the threat of mutually assured nuclear annihilation is ever present.

Mystery Roach and CairnsTony like this.
  21. terobi

terobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2014
    I'm just going with the idea that Yoda's old so he's using an outdated version of the name that he was taught when he was first learning about it.

Much like old people still referring to places like Rhodesia or Cumberland, despite those names no longer being in use.

22. Miras-Etrin

Miras-Etrin Jedi Master star 2

Jan 23, 2013
    Despite slight cheesiness I personally like Moraband better. Korriban sounds kinda like a name for some spanish dance school, Moraband gives me feling of enclosed grave.

Mystery Roach likes this.
  23. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I want Had Abbadon and its 4 orbiting Death Stars, anything less is all too easy.

24. acroyear7

acroyear7 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 11, 2006
    I want all new planets in the series. I know Coruscant is a given, and perhaps Tatooine. But, I want new, exciting, otherworldly environments.

25. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003

Istanbul was Constantinople Now it's Istanbul, not Constantinople

terobi and my kind of scum like this.