main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. -Engelhast-

-Engelhast- Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2010
    I'd totally be down with that. Some small half season mini-series type stories focusing on the OT characters past would be gold.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  2. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Why couldn't they just get a younger guy cast as younger Han?

Like Michael Fassbender as the younger version of Ian McKellen's Magneto. Or even Alec Guiness's Obi-Wan, with Ewan McGregor cast as a younger version of him.

Or... they could use motion captured CGI. Like Terminator 4 and its CGI recreation of Arnold's 1984 appearance.

3. -Engelhast-

Nov 15, 2010
    We are getting off the topic of Rebels but I think Taylor Kitsch would be a good young Han.

4. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm not sure I want a Han spin off movie before ANH. Keep OT characters except for maybe Boba out of cheesy popcorn flicks.

5. -Engelhast-

Nov 15, 2010
    My idea for a Boba spin off movie. The Transporter meets Kill Bill meets A Weekend At Bernie's.

It would be set immediately after Empire Strikes Back as Fett is on route to Jabba with Frozen Han Solo. Slave One is pulled out of hyperspace and is hijacked by a group of pirates. An action packed battle between Boba and the pirates ensues ending in Han being stolen and Boba being knocked out and left for dead. The rest of the movie would be Boba after he regains consciousness tracking down his stolen bounty and ship. I think it would be a cool way to have Han in the movie but not IN the movie. Boba's investigation would also have him crossing paths with the other Bounty Hunters Vader hired to track down the Falcon and it's crew.

Fanboy fiction at its worst?

6. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Since this does take place in the Outer Rim, I wouldn't be surprised if Han and Chewy pop up at some point. Bobba Fett is another obvious possibility.

7. Lord_Anzeroth

Lord_Anzeroth Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2013

I think Boba Fett is a given. If the protagonists of the show become an annoyance for the Empire, it is standard Imperial procedure to put bounty's for their capture or termination. That, coupled with Boba's early rise in the bounty hunting business, we could see him trying to capture them and Vader taking a liking to his skills.

8. Dameron

Dameron Jedi Master star 4

Apr 8, 2014
    While the LU did have some problems in terms of making the galaxy too small, It does seem like Han, Lando, Chewie and the Falcon could all appear in ways that aren't an excuse. Not in a Casablanca kind of way where they just happen to walk into the same gin cantina, but let's say if the Ghost was an entrant in a race or underworld "run?" I think it could be plausible for any of our favorite scoundrels to show up as competitors, if it's sold as a high-stakes thing where fast ships and good pilots gather.

But I wonder if the spinoff movies put certain things out-of-bounds for Rebels. Surely, if a live-action Han origin story is in the works, someone inside Disney will tell the Rebels guys they can't do "Han and Chewie meet," "How Lando got put in charge of Cloud City," "Han wins the Falcon," and similar things that would be selling points for the later project. I wonder if we'll see Han show up, but as a flat character who doesn't get much time, much like Chewie in Clone Wars. A fellow prisoner or rival pilot -- not someone who gets development.

kubricklynch and DanielUK like this.
  9. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    Barriss_Coffee and podjazd like this.
  10. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
  11. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    I'd like to see what role Leia plays in the alliance. In ANH, the imperials came to realize she was part of the rebel alliance which means she was likely a senator or diplomat who played an outwardly neutral role. I hope Rebels covers Leia's relationship with the Bothan spy network.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  12. dolphin

Nov 5, 1999

I'm a little worried about that. I was watching ANH again the other day and the first 20 minutes alone are chock full of storylines between Episode 3 and 4 that I want to see explored (Bothan spy network, Leia's evolving role in the rebellion, knowledge of Obi-Wan's whereabouts by the rebels, the weakening of the Senate, how the rebel alliance became an alliance). The tone of these plot threads are mature, not kid stuff. I hope Rebels will appeal to all age groups and not dumb it down too much.

13. -Engelhast-

Nov 15, 2010
    Teenage Leia could be the Ahoska character of the series. I'd love to see how she her transformation from a scared and timid young girl into the strong willed and contagious Rebel leader.

Vader'sGoodHand likes this.
  14. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Only if by "Ahsoka character" you mean "teenage girl who changes over the course of a few years" in a very general sense.

I don't want Leia's OT feistiness retconned out due to her becoming "mature" (and some moronic idea that mature people can't be feisty).

I'm not sure I can envision Leia ever being scared and timid either.

15. -Engelhast-

Nov 15, 2010
    ^
    Of course not. If anything I can only see her becoming more and more feisty as she matures. It takes a certain level of confidence to pull off feistiness correctly.

16. kubricklynch

kubricklynch Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2012

Children from the early 90s?

17. dolphin

Nov 5, 1999

That's right, I forget that Episode IV Leia was only a few years removed from her teenage years.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  18. Rebel Alliance Pigeon

Rebel Alliance Pigeon Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 1, 2014
    I wish they could bring Luke or Leia back too, but didn't they say they would not bring them into Rebels?

19. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I'm not interested in Luke, during this time. Maybe some off hand mention of him by Bail or something like that would be fine. But I don't care to have a Luke-centric episode, or see him cast with a voice actor, etc.

I thought the whole archetype he played and the beginning of his journey was really that he just led a boring, uneventful life until being "called to adventure." He's like Frodo or Bilbo, living out their days in their own little bubble on the Shire until circumstances arise to which they get tangled up in an adventure.

I don't want to see pre-ANH Luke antics.

Leia is different, in that her being active in the Rebellion does not undermine how she is portrayed in ANH in any way. In fact, I actually think that given her prominence as a member of the Imperial Senate a mere five years later shows that she probably should be active in the politics of the Star Wars Galaxy around the time of Rebels.

The thing about the politics though is that as Filoni has said, Rebels seems like it's going to be more like the OT, where we merely hear of what's going on in the Senate and back on Coruscant without actually seeing it. This may change in later seasons, because in TCW at one point Filoni was insisting up and down that Sidious was going to be a behind the scenes villain and that they would never show Sidious and Palpatine as overtly being the same person (but look how that plan ended up).

So, if the politics of the Galaxy are Leia's arena, she might only be a character we hear about, but don't see, in the earlier seasons. Or we might not hear of her at all. But I would think that around the time that Bail gets involved with the Rebels and it begins to be organized into an alliance of Rebels, that Leia should naturally make an appearance at that time.

rdhight and dolphin like this.
  20. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
  21. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Hmmm. I just checked both the Star Wars Insider Magazine and Star Wars Rebels Facebook page and didn't see the alleged screen cap that whatever-that-site-is posted.

22. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    If it's true I hope he's a straight up bad guy, but hopefully not cutting increasingly bad deals with the empire all the time.

23. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
  24. podjazd

podjazd Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 16, 2013
    They deleted this post few days ago, but I saw the original, it's real.

25. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    as far as characters showing up...

vader. yes.
    tatooine obi. yes.
    boba fett. yes.
    lando. sure.
    han and chewie. maybe.
    luke. no. his intro is what propels "a new hope" forward.
    leia. no. same as luke.

unless you use the children as a background character. that could work.