main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Games SWC Senate - Reconstruction (v.2) -NOVA

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Bazinga'd , Apr 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aalagartassle

aalagartassle Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2011
    The most taxed will be traders, guilds, manufacturers and planet citizens that import commodities from Hutt space. With the pirate task force actively checking weapons and cargo manifests, the transport guilds being by law commisioned to provide documentation of cargo mainfest the tax will effectively take a small increase in the amount of revenue per freighter. The pirate taks force will also have to encounter smugglers as the Hutts are known to try to bypass galactic import/export taxes. The windfall is not suppose to be generous, the tax is to stimulate trade within our governement borders. Although monies collected will be redirected to facilitate the intergration of refugee's from the Nova star fallout giving planets that take on refugees a security that the senate will help them and reward their efforts by providing monies to kick start the planets coping mechanisms with the influx of new citizens.

2. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Thank You Mr. Chancellor. But do we have an actual value of the tax do that we can compare it against anticipated expenditures for the recovery operations?

3. aalagartassle

Jan 11, 2011
    Recovery expenditures are first or foremost from the planet initiating taking industry out of the nova planet. If a planet wishes to engage in making profit they need to not only take the industry but refugees as well. My advice to the senate planets would be to start your plans early. If you could take an industry, relocate it with the workers then the refugee crisis will be like killing two mynocks with one stone. The planet gains a set up industry with a competant workforce, the planet provides passage, transport and security of refugges in exchange for industry. For example Muunilinst has an agreeance with the governement of Junction 5, to take mineral mining equipement and the workers. With this gurarentee in place, Muunilinst has taken ownership of the mines and are now open cutting to extract as much mineral wealth in the next year and a half to exploit the planet. With that in mind the Muunilinst governement pays for the Extraction and transport. Furthermore Muunilinst pays wages. Then after a year and a half Muunilinst relocates all miners and families to the mines within it's own sector .Before the nova catastrphe takes place muunilinst will use a droid workforce to extract everything it can possible use as value, and then finally take the equipement out of the sector to use in it's own mines. The payment is the safety of the refugees and placeing them in secure jobs for permanent citizenship. The galactic governement tax resources are to be used to provide upstart and long term health,shelter, education and security measures.
    The value of the tax is in the forward estimates, which by definition is an estimation. Planets wanting to provide recovery and only house few permanat refugees will only short change themselves. The trade guilds will not transport for free. If the senate wishes for Muunilinst to provide what types of industry, commercial enterprises would be viable for profit it would be happy to do so.
    Seeing your government wants to see a sunset clause installed in the tax, then the galactic governement can only provide so much, it cannot provide long term support to planets that have the associated problems when new refugees enter their system. Look at the Bimmasari incident and what Genral Immodent found out about corruption of the last refugee crisis. Providing long term occupation is an expensive enterprise.
    So to answer your question senator, the bill is designed to increase revenues so the governement can provide assistance to planets participating in the Nova crisis, The estimation of monies gleaned from this tax is an extra 12%. Recovery operations cost is from the planet willing to participate. The governments of the Vorc sector ask only for , safe passage and permanant care of citizens in exchange for industry.
    I call the speaker to tag the senators for a vote on this bill. Jedi General Gelderd.

General Immodet likes this.
  4. Ekhranomicka

Ekhranomicka Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 19, 2013
    Senators and Chancellor.

Hello. I am Ekhranomicka, representing the planet Neutral. I will abstain in all votes-such is the divine will of our people, the Neutrals. I only ask one thing-that, in time, I will analyze your balance sheets and scrutinize your tax lodgements, that Neutrality shall reign supreme in all financial affairs. Let no expenses be above revenue, nor let revenue exceed any expense.

All hail the Divine Balance Sheet.

5. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    ****Senator Bazinga'd rises and looks at Senator Ekhranamicka******

[Laughs hysterically]

******Senator Bazinga'd sits down*******

Shira A'dola likes this.
  6. aalagartassle

Jan 11, 2011
    *****Rises****
    Thankyou representative of Neutral, I think I will take your neutralize argument by saying that government must run at loss to make a profit.
    ****sits****

Calling the Speaker Jedi General Gelderd to get those tags out and call the bill.

7. Ekhranomicka

Dec 19, 2013
    Even if the process may take a thousand years, there will be peace of the financial kind.

8. Jedi General Gelderd

Jedi General Gelderd Jedi Master star 5

Mar 6, 2004
  9. Jedi General Gelderd

Mar 6, 2004
  10. Jedi General Gelderd

Mar 6, 2004
  11. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Bill 4580: Taxation on products from Hutt Space
    Proposed by General Immodet
    The taxation on all non-vital products beings shipped in from Hutt Space will increase by 12%. This mainly applies for luxury goods and weapons. The bill does not apply for minerals being transported in and out of Hutt Space.

The taxation on vital products such as food will remain the same. This bill will also increase taxes on services provided by people living in Hutt Space by 20%.

FOR:
    General Immodet of Lorahns

AGAINST:

12. Ekhranomicka

Dec 19, 2013
    The taxation on all non-vital products beings shipped in from Hutt Space will increase by 12%. This mainly applies for luxury goods and weapons. The bill does not apply for minerals being transported in and out of Hutt Space.

The taxation on vital products such as food will remain the same. This bill will also increase taxes on services provided by people living in Hutt Space by 20%.

FOR:
    General Immodet of Lorahns

AGAINST:

Abstain
    Ekhranomicka of Neutral

13. aalagartassle

Jan 11, 2011

FOR:​
    General Immodet of Lorahns​
    Aalagar of Muunilinst

AGAINST:​

Abstain​
    Ekhranomicka of Neutral​

OOC mods, is there something wrong with the tags? I didn't get one

14. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Let me confirm, is there no sunset provision?

15. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    The Senator for Mandalore also requires more information before voting on this bill.

OOC: Tags don't work if they are copy/cut and pasted which I am assuming was done here.

[​IMG]

16. aalagartassle

Jan 11, 2011
  17. aalagartassle

Jan 11, 2011
  18. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Baz Note: If you are cutting and tagging these "tags" it will not work. You need to manually type in the tag.

aalagartassle and Admiral Volshe like this.
  19. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    OOC: Oh. I have not been getting tags or alerts. I will try to jump in. Sorry for vanishing.

20. Jedi General Gelderd

Mar 6, 2004
    OOC: Got the copy/paste issue - thanks for clearing that up

21. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Yes, a sunset clause is included, Senators.

22. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Senator Immodet, I would respectfully request that the text of the sunset provision be inserted into the bill. Thank you.

23. Master Mini 907

Master Mini 907 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 3, 2013
    OOC: Sorry, I hadn't received any alerts. I will try to become more active in this.

24. Master Selkath

Master Selkath Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 5, 2013
    OOC: I am back to serving as senator of Manaan, I didn't get alerts but they came in now.

25. aalagartassle

Jan 11, 2011
    For senators that have had a grace period to their planets, the below bill is to be voted on.
    Remember Quorum of 33% is to be needed for the Bill to be either accepted or declined.
    There is only 48 hours left to vote.
    @Master Mini 907,
    @Master Selkath

Proposed by General Immodet Seconded by Bazinga'd
    FOR:​
    General Immodet of Lorahns​
    Aalagar of Muunilinst
    AGAINST:​
    Abstain​
    Ekhranomicka of Neutral​

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.