main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Agents of SHIELD Discussion Thread (and Slingshot)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Sep 21, 2013.

1. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Yeah, most likely.

Overall, I really liked it. Good season finale.

2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I liked that they still left a lot of mysteries unresolved.
    Chances are we'll get a lot more info on Skye next season, but we still don't know anything about the source of the GH-whatever drug. We know why Coulson was resurrected, but still not really how. And as that stinger showed, that'll also probably pop up again next season.

But yeah, Garrett's final death was hilarious, as was Agent Oswalt 2.0 [face_laugh] And woo! The Destroyer gun made a triumphant return. :D

Jedi Merkurian and pronker like this.
  3. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    This would have been the perfect time to air an Agent Carter trailer at the end of this episode, given ABC officially released it's fall line - up today. What a wasted oppurtunity.

4. Bib Fartuna

Bib Fartuna Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    Ok, just starting to watch the season final. As I said, just started...

Flashback to last weeks episode, of the container thingee falling from the plane...

I read comments online last week, that the Fitz/Simmons should be alright, because the plane was flying at low level.

Well, seeing that scene again, it easily looks like the fell from the equivalent of six-stories building height... they should be DEAD.

As I said, just starting to watch this, so according to Marvel comic-booky-wookie logic, they will of course 100% live.

5. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    I think Fitz mentioned the pod deployed some safety features to keep them alive, and it broke Fitz arm so they at least acknowledged it should have likely killed them if not for 'super SHIELD-tech'

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  6. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    "I know what it does." :cool:

So much to digest from this. That last scene with Garrett was great! [face_laugh]

Fury's arrival made me cheer- mostly because I lost count of how many episodes were left in the season and didn't know if this was the finale or not.

The noisemaker is my favorite new old toy as well [face_laugh]. I want that as a ring tone.

May unleashing the Asgard staff was also an awesome visual.

Peterson got his moment too- when he fires on Garrett- oof. "He learned something.".

And, of course, Agent Koeing returns! I know they're playing it a little coy by making it possible he's a twin or clone or something but the programmed-like greetings and reactions screams LMD to me. That's fantastic!

The show they haven't started filming yet? What would the trailer show? A cut-down montage of the footage from the AC One-Shot that we've already seen? It'd be a waste.

CooperTFN, Juliet316 and Darth-Lando like this.
  7. Moviefan2k4

Moviefan2k4 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2009
    This episode was excellent on so many levels. I laughed so hard when Coulson fired on Garrett. He was like a kid looking for a lost toy: "I found it!" [face_rofl]

May unleashing 90% of her rage on Ward was awesome, though the set was pretty dark, so we didn't see a lot of the details. I loved Skye's line: "You slept with her, and she's really pissed off." Chloe nailed that moment perfectly.

Paton Oswalt's return was a huge surprise, and he was a little robotic...but then, the guy's always seemed that way to me. I was surprised Coulson spared Ward's life, and Raina meeting with Skye's father gave me chills.

Jedi Merkurian and Juliet316 like this.
  8. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Also some good news for the series: Season 2 will be moving the show to 9PM. Apparently this is a result of a spike in the ratings from a couple weeks ago when they ran the previous week's episode at 8 followed by the new episode at 9 (though they're not double-airing the show that way in the fall, just the new ep at 9), which got the new episode out of the way of NCIS.

Juliet316 likes this.
  9. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    I wonder if Agent Koenig's resurrection was the Whedons' little 'wink to the audience' in - joke to all the 'Couslon is an LMD' speculation that kept going on during the first half of the season?

I could have sworn I heard somewhere that they did shoot an actual pilot for ABC for it, but maybe I misheard that one.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  10. Moviefan2k4

Dec 29, 2009
    So that would be Tuesdays at 8 PM Central, correct?

11. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Not sure how they do it for Central. They just talk about the base EST start time[. It airs at 8 EST currently.

There might have been a reference to the One-Shot acting like a back door pilot.

12. Moviefan2k4

Dec 29, 2009
    9PM Eastern would equal 8PM Central, and 6PM Pacific.

13. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I know how the timezones shift but wasn't sure if they air it live at the same time in all zones or time delay it to 8PM for all zones.

14. Bib Fartuna

Nov 4, 2012
    So, who's the Daddy?

15. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Someone who seems either very accident prone or has a condition.

16. Bib Fartuna

Nov 4, 2012
    It looks like his brain has stopped tickin'.

After all, chickity china, they did destroy that middle kingdom village...

17. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    May shouldn't have gotten rid of the Asgardian staff. She could have used it on Ward.

I kinda want Coulson to take a big photo of his and Garret's circuit board looking designs and show up at Stark tower going "hey can you figure out what this does? I'm not what-oh yeah, I'm not dead. So about this picture..."

I also want a Noisemaker ringtone.

18. Bib Fartuna

Nov 4, 2012
    I believe we have just witnessed history.

Garrett and Coulson have just formulated KFC's 11 secret herbs and spices recipe...

19. Moviefan2k4

Dec 29, 2009
    Well, the entire first season consistently aired at 7PM Central since the second episode (I don't remember the time for the pilot).

20. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, that would explain why the Double Down is out of this world.

Bib Fartuna likes this.
  21. Bib Fartuna

Nov 4, 2012
    Colonel Sanders is a minor, yet popular Asgardian God. Volstagg has him on constant retainer...

darth-sinister likes this.
  22. Rosslcopter

Rosslcopter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I can't remember ever being so satisfied with a season finale.

23. Bib Fartuna

Nov 4, 2012
    Did you have a cigarette afterwards? ;)

Six likes this.
  24. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Speaking of which, one other line that deserves to be highlighted:

"You were never on top!"

[face_laugh]

25. Rosslcopter

Rosslcopter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I don't feel like I really deserved one, I sort of just laid there.